World Cup 2018 Prediction Thread

Connie

8 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Belgium struggled in R16 against Japan,

Because Japan was the strongest team in the tournament.

Now nothing stands in Belgium's way of getting the cup.

12 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

World Cup ended, we have Euro again :yay:

At least we didn't have to wait 4 years for Euro xD 

9 hours ago, Nimera said:

I never thought that Belgium would be able to eliminate Brazil. what a surprise!!

Is it such a big surprise?

I'm genuinely interested. I've seen many people saying that Brazil is their title contender.

But after their performances in the group, I didn't expect them to go through Mexico, let alone beat Belgium.

For me, Belgium's win was not a surprise, rather, an expected outcome.

Could you briefly touch on why you believed in Brazil?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It's just your opinion! I'll take mine, I'm committing some crime?
One piece of advice i give is that arrogance pays dearly, sooner or later

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

man, don`t get me wrong there, i really respect Japan and i really wanted them to qualify because they were better than Belgium and deserved to win , they have a great team and some really good players, Inui, Honda and Kagawa ..etc. that last second goal was a bit unfair but that just shows how dangerous Belgium is on counter-attacks. same goes to Panama and Tunisia fans i meant no disrespect there i just had to reply to that cocky guy one way or another lol, let`s see if they can beat France then they will probably take on England, that is when it will really come home :D 

52 minutes ago, Nimera said:

It's just your opinion! I'll take mine, I'm committing some crime?
One piece of advice i give is that arrogance pays dearly, sooner or later

Huh?

I did ask you to elaborate on your opinion. I simply wanted to ask about it because I wasn't convinced by Brazil's performance.

Where do you see any arrogance in that question?

The part you quoted was for the different poster.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

28 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

#itscominghome ???

Is that the Dutch lion? We're not participating this tournament. 

In all seriousness. England needs a miracle to win the World Cup.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Perisic and Modric cost me six points.For f* sake, how can they miss these shots?

Simple they are not strikers, though Perisic his miss was horrific

4 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

#itscominghome 1f981.png1f981.png1f981.png

also 3 more points for nailing the prediction :awesome:

Lul, calling me cocky when i gave you straight facts why Belgium is good and deserves to be called one of the topfavorites.

Adam bile adam deil ya. ?

Please, instead of talking about how lucky Belgium was with there comeback,

I'd like to see YOUR country do that.

And yeah yeah try to suck up to Tunesia and Panama will england was in the same group( OMGYOUGUYSARESOLUCKYYOUHADTUNESIAANDPANAMAXDDD). If you cant say anything of relevance, then please just stick to your predictions game. 

Sadly the semi finals between Belgium and France should have been the finals.

I am proud of my country, we won every game there was (up untill France wich is honestly a 50 50) and played with great dedication and heart and knocked out Brazil wich i will never forget, lol.

16 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

Simple they are not strikers, though Perisic his miss was horrific

So are you saying that a winger or a midfielder can`t score or they miss easy goals just because they are not strikers ? LMAO what kind of football are you watching ? anyway i am done with this useless argument. 

@Zolkovo hey mate i need your help, i predicted the game to end 1-1 for the 90 mins and the extra time, also for Croatia to win on penalties, the original time ended 1-1 and Croatia did win on penalties, does that mean full 3 points or am i wrong ? IIRC, the result is determined by the 90 mins 

Edited by ahmedelebiary

4 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

So are you saying that a winger or a midfielder can`t score or they miss easy goals just because they are not strikers ? LMAO what kind of football are you watching ? anyway i am done with this useless argument. 

@Zolkovo hey mate i need your help, i predicted the game to end 1-1 for the 90 mins and the extra time, also for Croatia to win on penalties, the original time ended 1-1 and Croatia did win on penalties, does that mean full 3 points or am i wrong ? IIRC, the result is determined by the 90 mins 

2 points

15 hours ago, ZireaelSan said:

Lol belgium's second team has beaten Englands second team, with a beautifull goal we were lucky amiright?

If you talk like that Then every big nation is lucky to be in the knock out phase.

And it was not pure luck that Belgium had they came back from a deficit 0-2 wich so far no team in this world cup has done. kerel kijkt naar de match met een bril zeker?

Whatever man, brazil not being able to beat switzerland and barely beating costa rica at the 94e minute surely showed how great they are, lol.

Meanwhile belgium had the most goals scored in the group phase out of all of the countries.

Every big nation is able to beat Brazil, this is not the legendary team of 20-40 years ago were people would say before the game, ok fuck we lost this.

Oh well next time come up with a better copy and paste/facts no need to be a SJW when your opinion is bad and incorrect lol. ???

Belgium won because of their deadly counters, wich if you did watch were really good.

And also Brazils best player not being on the pitch helps aswell.?

Go enjoy a Kwak and relax bro!

Better to celebrate your country's big win with your fellow countrymen, rather than lose your mind on an internet forum. Doesn't matter if it's an upset or not, it's a BIG win. Period.

Now go knock out your southern neighbors!   :yay:

• Like 2

Just now, ahmedelebiary said:

ah so extra time does count as a decisive factor.. cheers 

Yes,If Russia didn't score at 115'  i would have got three points instead of zero.And also if Modric didn't miss the penalty at 116'  against Denmark, i would have got three points instead of zero.God damn it, i hate Croatia national team so hard now :spank:, i'm even thinking to root for England in the semi

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Go enjoy a Kwak and relax bro!

Better to celebrate your country's big win with your fellow countrymen, rather than lose your mind on an internet forum. Doesn't matter if it's an upset or not, it's a BIG win. Period.

Now go knock out your southern neighbors!   :yay:

Yeah man but the way he talks about our country is so fucking disrespectfull, we have to go through the harder route and our win against japan is a fluke? Our victory against brazil was undeserved? And apperently we played with our best team against englands b team? 

Ah yeah i'm done argueing. ?

Oh well untill tuesday i'll celebrate this big win haha! The battle of who has the best french fries! Looking forward to it

Edited by Stevieboy
Unnecessary comment
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

[...] @Zolkovo hey mate i need your help, i predicted the game to end 1-1 for the 90 mins and the extra time, also for Croatia to win on penalties, the original time ended 1-1 and Croatia did win on penalties, does that mean full 3 points or am i wrong ? IIRC, the result is determined by the 90 mins 

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out celebrating our first World Cup semi in 28 years! Funnily enough it's not the only semi as a result of today's afternoon fixture ;) I think someone else has already clarified this but yes it is 2 points :) Extra-time is calculated as normal time, you get one point for basically guessing a draw and another point for guessing the correct team who won on penalties. You're doing pretty well, maybe you'll snatch victory from @sephiroth4424 xD

I missed the Russia vs Croatia game unfortunately but was quite surprised at the results summary. Was it a good game?

@ZireaelSan I actually really like Belgium. I lived in Merksem for a while and just had such a lovely time there. Belgians there were some of the friendliest people I've ever met. So if England don't win, then I'd really like to see Belgium lift the cup. It will also keep in tradition with a new nation lifting the World Cup in every year that ends in an 8 (with the exception of 1938) as @Deceptrox pointed out some while back :P

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 3