E3 2018: Kingdom Hearts 3 is Coming January 29

MidnightDragon

4 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

I wonder if this release will be the final version of the game, or if it will go through a Final Mix treatment one year later. This is the first time a main number KH game has launched on home console, since PS2, and DLC were not a thing then.

Metal Gear Solid 3 for the PS2 had downloadable camos. Subsistence and all subsequent releases came with the DLC already included.

Even trough I would love to have this at Christmas, I'm happy we finally have a solid date after all this years. 

Let's hope tomorrow at their conference they will release yet another heart warming trailer, one that will forever mark in our hearts with January 29, 2019 at the end of it. 

Let's be positive about it too, there's no points in lingering with doubts, Nomura apologized and this is actually the first time with a solid date, so let's celebrate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

I wonder if this release will be the final version of the game, or if it will go through a Final Mix treatment one year later. This is the first time a main number KH game has launched on home console, since PS2, and DLC were not a thing then.

I would hope if there is a Final Mix then it takes more than a year to come out, preferably when ideas for an entirely new game in the series have taken form so it can have lead-ins to that. If there must be DLC then it will hopefully compliment the game like FFXV's did (for the most part).

8 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

So, the trailer itself actually lied.  No surprise there anymore.  I mean, it said we'll get it 2018 and now, it's 2019.

At this rate, I can't wait to play this when it finally releases in 2020.  At least, that's what it feels like.

Look, I know everyone and their mother was drooling at the mouth when they said "Coming in 2018" but I am not disappointed. First off, I have yet to platinum any Kingdom Hearts game so it gives me a bit more time to complete my goal of doing so before KH3 comes out. (Because knowing my ADHD, I will probably avoid playing a KH game like the plague until last minute. xD)

Second, it's not a big delay. They delayed Kingdom Hearts 2.8 by a couple of weeks. That was probably to ensure you get the best product. KH3 is a lot larger than a port of Dream Drop Distance and some small mini-story about Aqua, so there would be a more considerable delay if they discovered a bug. They realized how badly KH1.5+2.5 was in sponateous shut-downs so they wanted to avoid that problem at all costs. It's probably going through the final stages of building and beta-testing as we speak. They aren't going to delay it again, they didn't delay KH2.8 a second time. I have total faith in Square-Enix.

Third, it's been 13 years. Another seven months is not going to kill you. I am excited about Spyro's return but I would panic and Blue Screen of Death if it came out tomorrow. ?

5 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

I would hope if there is a Final Mix

You know those guys. If they put out a special Final Mix for the first two main games, they'll do so for this iteration... and we'll get Kingdom Hearts Remix 3.5 in 2024. xD

Not to spam the forum with two different KH3 related threads but they just released an E3 trailer on YT, revealing yet another world. Also there are heavy HEAVY spoilers at the end of the trailer, so yeah... you should have played all games and I don't know... you have been warned.

Wish I could say I'm surprised about KH3 not releasing in 2018, but nope it was to be expected.

10 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Not to spam the forum with two different KH3 related threads but they just released an E3 trailer on YT, revealing yet another world. Also there are heavy HEAVY spoilers at the end of the trailer, so yeah... you should have played all games and I don't know... you have been warned.

The parts about Frozen already seem better than the movie. Was expecting it to have a song every 2 minutes, glad to see that isn't the case.... unless SE purposely kept that out of the trailer :hmm: .

Spoiler

That part at the end about Aqua seems interesting.

Damn Square -_-

Seriously 230 € is waaayy too much, i would have saved if it was 130 € with a good number of stuff like DQ11 Collector but no....

And the Deluxe edition looks pretty lame for Costing 90 €, guess base edition it is....

I'm really happy to see This world back, i loved it in KH2 and i was hoping to see it again :3

Plus it looks gorgeous!

Now i think we are mising maybe 1-2 Worlds overall (Well outside story ones), i hope one of them is Either Mulan or Lilo&Stitch (Which hopefully it's the English title too, in italian is called like that), come on, give me Mulan 2 or Stitch this time on earth with Lilo :)