A REAL CHALLENGE!! (Survival Mode)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that Pirate Lord, stage 8 in general, was the hardest part of the DLC. In the end I beat him to death with my bare hands, it was a glitch that luckily wasn't patched around that time. It still took a lot of tries though.

Edited by BakkerJ

On 6/21/2018 at 4:13 PM, BakkerJ said:

Yeah that Pirate Lord, stage 8 in general, was the hardest part of the DLC. In the end I beat him to death with my bare hands, it was a glitch that luckily wasn't patched around that time. It still took a lot of tries though.

Yea tonnes of videos showing how easy it is prior to being patched - nothing like that now, just learn, or try to force the spawns, AI is pretty unpredictable though....

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ZireaelSan said:

If you have the game on disc can you play the survival portion offline? 

You have to be connected to the game’s multiplayer, in order to access the survival mode. However, once connected, you can play alone (with an AI companion) or with friends.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Carol said:

You have to be connected to the game’s multiplayer, in order to access the survival mode. However, once connected, you can play alone (with an AI companion) or with friends.

Sh*t cant outsmart Naughty Dog then :(.

Thanks for the info

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 11:40 AM, pdan3783 said:

Is there still spots on Stage 8 map where the boss can fall through and die? 

If it's the pirate ship stage, then yes, you can make the boss fall through the ship, though it takes a few mins. Helps if you damaged him beforehand, so he automatically dies, or else he'll just be back. Managed to get that to happen a few weeks ago. 

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have video guides on YouTube of Stages 1 - 9 on Crushing and Stage 10 on Hard; it'll suffice for now. Make sure you watch Stage 4, before you watch Stage 10 as it explains key things.

The videos may help as they explain the exploits - how to use and perform them as well as showing you where all the good locations are. And this all works on the latest patch.

Easily the most helpful video guides for people that want to exploit the Warlords and go out of map in Stage 9; making it a lot easier. 

You'll be able to earn the "...It" Trophy as painlessly possible.

Link to my videos guide playlist on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLerzqctZyNWcHyr-_X3CmGn5B4pFTmaeq

• 4 weeks later...

I've only played stage 8 a couple of times and it's pretty tough but I think manageable to do it the legit way.

I'm doing the crushing 3 star run solo and so far I've done stages 1, 2, 4, 6 and 10 without going for exploits (I think the boss on wave 4 may have died by himself prematurely... I had him under half health and then suddenly the wave was over). I did 10 legit with 7 seconds to spare and throwing 2 grenades across the map to finish him off... very intense. Truth be old, I think stage 2 was worse than 10 though because of the time restrictions. I got stage 2 at 7.00 exactly and very happy about that.

But yes, this is definitely a challenging mode and highly recommended for anyone wanting something intense. I'm yet to play it with a team but I'm sure it would be a lot of fun that way too.

Anyone trying to do solo runs exploit free, I would definitely recommend shorty2905's videos found here:

They are excellent and I cannot say enough good about them. Watch and you'll see what I mean. 

But yea, great game mode like the OP said... definitely need to put the time in for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2018 at 3:24 PM, waterfields1 said:

Afternoon all,

So last night me and two friends finally managed to beat the Pirate Colony Survival stage on Crushing difficulty and achieved the three stars. I just wanted to say how refreshing it is to be a handed a genuine challenge from a game. This mode doesn't just gift you the win, you have to get the high ranked guns, you have to get to level 50, not to breeze through the level....but to stand a chance of completing it. All to often games hold the hand of a gamer to reach the finish line.

I think genuine challenges in games are rare int this day and age, so I would like to applaud Naughty Dog. I'm sure this post will be greeted with ''I DID IT FIRST TIME, ITS WAY EASY'' or ''ITS GLITCHED, ITS IMPOSSIBLE'' etc etc. I'm even more positive that a lot of people will have abused the glitches available prior to the numerous patches, none the less, thank you Naughty Dog for offering up a good challenge that I have really enjoyed working though.

Just the final two stages to go for 100%.

So basically what you are saying is that you got the survival trophies without using glitches/exploits, right?

I've just finished the story mode and I'm also planning to do the survival trophies without resorting to stupid glitches...I'm ready to invest a lot of time into this mode ?

• 2 months later...
On 5.5.2019 at 5:56 AM, Silently said:

I still experience glitches on stage 2 ( error then it kicked me off survival mode menu) trying to unlock crushing mode. But I must reach level 10..or just beat hard mode on survival mode??

Yes, reach and complete level 10 - "New Devon" (hard).

Edited by Kratosaur
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...