It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Took a look at my backlog and I have almost enough games to spell "Mayus":

• Megadimention Neptunia or Mind=0
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue
  • Ys Origin or Yakuza 4
  • U .... ?
  • Soul Sacrifice

Thought about spelling "dragon", but missing the letters G, O, and N. So, I'll just play whatever I feel like and see if anything can be spelled with that :lol: .

Apparently not, you can play them out of order.

I am playing Okage and it is super awesome :) If you need an O game.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Is that the super tough one? :o

I actually do own Yakuza Dead Souls as it will be my Y Ultra Rare platinum. I might have to start that up and see if I can finish it in time.

Nope, people say Ys Origin is the toughest one. Will test that one day as I have it in my backlog.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am playing Okage and it is super awesome :) If you need an O game.

What's the game about?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nope, people say Ys Origin is the toughest one. Will test that one day as I have it in my backlog.

What's the game about?

Oh yes Origin. I was looking at that when I was figuring out my Y Ultra Rare

Okage is a PS2 turn-based JRPG. 

You play as a boy who's father finds a mysterious bottle that contains the Evil Shadow King Stan who has been trapped for 300 years. He then bonds himself to you in return for healing your sister from the horrible Pig Latin curse to help defeat the other " fake evil kings' that have taken over while he was gone.

It is a very funny RPG with great music and characters. It is very simple compare to RPGs now but that is what I am liking about it. I picked it up for a couple of bucks during one of the sales as I have always wanted to play it because the cover box was so awesome.

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

What's the game about?

I know I'm not the one you were asking, but I love the game so I'm answering :P

It's an old PS2 turn-based RPG. It's just a load of fun, doesn't take itself seriously. You play as a boy whose shadow has been possessed by an evil overlord who wants to take over the world. I don't wanna go into it too much more 'cause spoilers, but if you're fine with looking past bad graphics, I'd recommend it.

21 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I actually went through all the Y games yesterday and it is a terribly hard list, I didn't think about that when I made the Bonus requirement. :P

I was planning on doing Yonder. Don't think the plat is too difficult or time-consuming (though there's some RNG I think, which can be annoying). And also it has cats, and what else could you need in a game besides cats? :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

It's an old PS2 turn-based RPG. It's just a load of fun, doesn't take itself seriously. You play as a boy whose shadow has been possessed by an evil overlord who wants to take over the world. I don't wanna go into it too much more 'cause spoilers, but if you're fine with looking past bad graphics, I'd recommend it.

I was planning on doing Yonder. Don't think the plat is too difficult or time-consuming (though there's some RNG I think, which can be annoying). And also it has cats, and what else could you need in a game besides cats? :P

Lol, basically the same response I gave except I gave a bit of spoilers :P

Cats in a game :hmm: always a good choice. Now if they would only rerelease Shadow Hearts From the New World you could play as a drunken cat master (man that was a great RPG)

966158-_large__animepaper_scans_shadow_h

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh yes Origin. I was looking at that when I was figuring out my Y Ultra Rare

Okage is a PS2 turn-based JRPG. 

You play as a boy who's father finds a mysterious bottle that contains the Evil Shadow King Stan who has been trapped for 300 years. He then bonds himself to you in return for healing your sister from the horrible Pig Latin curse to help defeat the other " fake evil kings' that have taken over while he was gone.

It is a very funny RPG with great music and characters. It is very simple compare to RPGs now but that is what I am liking about it. I picked it up for a couple of bucks during one of the sales as I have always wanted to play it because the cover box was so awesome.

6 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Thanks, I'll look into it.

1 minute ago, Kristycism said:

Shadow Hearts were amazing games! I'd love it if they ported the whole trilogy! (It was just a trilogy right?)

yeah there were 3 games but I only played New World. I had never heard of the series but decided to give it a rent one day.

Shame I missed out on playing the other 2 :( Hopefully (highly unlikely) but hopefully we get a re-release.

Hey @Kristycism and @Dr_Mayus - sorry to tell you that I have to bow out before you start organizing further.  Also, thought I'd give you a heads up that the current #19 (cj) on your list has retired from gaming in case you missed it.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great time because this is going to be a lot of fun. Thank you anyway! 

Edited by journaltalk

4 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Thinking about the following...

Mary Skelter: Nightmares

Atelier Shallie Plus

Yomawari: Night Alone

Uncanny Valley

Shining Resonance Refrain

Alice: Madness Returns

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Earthlock

Grim Fandango Remastered

L.A. Noire

Unholy Heights

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Nice list, have fun with Mary Skelter and Alice.

Not going to join, but I might do some kind of Easter Egg with this event in my profile, like my name backwards: O-R-D-E-P

If you read it from the latest platinum, it will show my name correctly :D

Killing my backlog, I should plat something like:

Parappa: The Rapper - Remastered

Enslaved

DOOM

Resident Evil VII

Okami HD

Edited by TurtlePM

Count me in, I'll give this a shot.  I have no idea what word I'll try for.  I might just start out finishing stuff and do the Scrabble thing.

I do have games on my backlog to add up to MAYUS though...hmmm...

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

Shadow Hearts were amazing games! I'd love it if they ported the whole trilogy! (It was just a trilogy right?)

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

yeah there were 3 games but I only played New World. I had never heard of the series but decided to give it a rent one day.

Shame I missed out on playing the other 2 :( Hopefully (highly unlikely) but hopefully we get a re-release.

Great games, too!  Some of the only ones I've held on to with my PS2.  Would love to see them get re-released though along with Koudelka from PS1 (the canonical predecessor).

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Count me in, I'll give this a shot.  I have no idea what word I'll try for.  I might just start out finishing stuff and do the Scrabble thing.

I do have games on my backlog to add up to MAYUS though...hmmm...

Great games, too!  Some of the only ones I've held on to with my PS2.  Would love to see them get re-released though along with Koudelka from PS1 (the canonical predecessor).

Time to start a Kickstarter for this as well as Dragon's suggestion for a Qwark game :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Make it happen. As a bonus: I'd finally have a Q plat too :dance: .

And make it super difficult so it'll be an UR plat for when I get around to making an UR A-Z list (I'm too far away right now to even consider posting in the thread...)

Also, everyone up until this point should be added :) Unless I'm an idiot and missed someone, in which case please tell me off for that and I'll add you right away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Wow, that's an awesome banner. :o  Well done!

All I wanted was the Scribblenaut guy on there and she decided to go all out with the rest of it. 

I can't wait to see what the Trinit-Bee of Green badge is going to look like :D