Why are the percentages so low?

shary96

I'm not saying that the game is easy to complete because i can understand the difficulty of the speedrun trophies... but every time that i check my list of rarest tropies I see some of them, like getting all the collectables of a level, so high up on the list surpassing other achievements like the platinum trophy of Catherine (which by the way took me almost 6 months to get while the collectables trophies of bound took me just half an hour).

Why is that?

Edited by shary96

I hated the game. So that may be a factor too. I beat it once and found it really dull and tedious. But PS+ as mentioned is probably a larger contribute than just not liking it like me. If I at least liked the game, I'd do more than just beat it. Not the speedruns, I hate those, but I'd at least do more. But I don't' like it.

1 minute ago, Starlove- said:

Rarity usually is a good indicator as to how difficult it is to complete a game in one form or the other. But games that went through a PS+ period will always have lower rarity ratings. What a weird thread, though.

Lol my thoughts exactly.?

19 hours ago, shary96 said:

This game in particular had ridicolous percentages even before it went on PS+, that's why I'm asking. It simply doesn't make sense that a simple trophy that can be easly obtained through a guide on YT has a 1% rarity...

The platinum rating was at around 1% (about a week or two after I got mine) and most of speedrun trophies 2%+ when I obtained it when I bought it. The majority of people who play PS+ games don't intend to platinum them at all, which is always why it drops. That and people generally tend to avoid speedrun trophies and this game really isn't for everyone. It's one of those games that just divides opinions and I reckon there were quite a few people who just didn't bother because they didn't enjoy the game. It has some challenging trophies, which is likely while others didn't bother with the easier speedrun trophies. I just don't see why this is a topic of interest or even worthy of discussion. Which is also why I won't really bother replying anymore.

Edited by Starlove-
  • Like 2

On 29/07/2018 at 8:45 AM, shary96 said:

I'm not saying that the game is easy to complete because i can understand the difficulty of the speedrun trophies... but every time that i check my list of rarest tropies I see some of them, like getting all the collectables of a level, so high up on the list surpassing other achievements like the platinum trophy of Catherine (which by the way took me almost 6 months to get while the collectables trophies of bound took me just half an hour).

Why is that?

All threads are welcome in this forum, don't worry :)
I saw you got the plat, congrats! I got the game but I found it to be very boring. Do you have any tips or used any good videos for the plat?
Maybe there are some tricks i am not aware of.. :giggle: Feel free to PM me about it ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 10:02 AM, shary96 said:

This game in particular had ridicolous percentages even before it went on PS+, that's why I'm asking. It simply doesn't make sense that a simple trophy that can be easly obtained through a guide on YT has a 1% rarity...

I agree.  There's something more going on here than just being on PS+.  Maybe people really really dislike platforming as a dancer?

• Like 1

I also think that peoples who found it not so hard are just very good on platforming.

For exemple; shary96, i'm sure u will say the same about crash bandicoot's platinum trophy, that for u, this is/was an easy plat (which is not rlly the case tbh ><).

Tbh, i got the plat few days ago on Bound and i understand what u mean; it gave me the feeling that it's "doable" too; but for "normal" or casual gamers, i think many of them will never get this platinum; and so u can not say that Bound is so easy to plat.

Not sure if everything i said is understandable, but well ><

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2018 at 1:02 AM, shary96 said:

This game in particular had ridicolous percentages even before it went on PS+,

This is true.

I'm not quite sure myself how it all exactly factors. Considering the help resources out there the speed run trophies should not...be harder than time trials like Gran Turismo 5 or Mirrors Edge. I wonder if a unique demograph bought this game. The premise itself is rather unique.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

This is pretty easy to explain :

Did people enjoy Bound ? Meh... (rarity drop, playing games you like always help you to push further, good games for many peoples have a bigger % than games nobody love that much but it also depend on mixed factors here like difficulty or estimated time )

Bound is difficult for a majority of people ? Yes (rarity drop, we don't care about personnal opinion here, it's difficult for a majority, that all you have to count)

Bound is ps+ ? (rarity drop, self explain)

Bound have a long platinum ? No

In this case it's not a very good game for many people and that why he got that rarity if (and only if) you mix with the fact that is difficult for many peoples  :

https://www.google.fr/search?q=bound+review&oq=bound+review&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l2j0l3.1639j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am definitely going to attempt this 100% platinum but am a little intimidated at the low percentages and the speedruns lol I'm pretty good with platformers and I have done some speedruns before but I can tell this one is going to take a while. Currently enjoying other games and then will go to Bound to give it a shot. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/29/2018 at 3:28 PM, LuciaRosethorn said:

Rarity doesn't mean anything, it's just the ratio of how many people brought it and how many people got 100%. If only one person brought Super Meat Boy and got the platinum then it would be 100% rarity. I have some games which are hard but because not many people brought it, it seems easy if you're just looking at that.

I'm sorry to disagree. I mean, we can find hard games with a high percentage like the Dark Souls' series, which are not easy, AND ALSO we can find easy games (or kinda easy games) with low percentage like Disney Infinity 1, 2 and 3. I get that.

But usually when you reach these "pro achievement/trophy hunters websites" you're dealing with a lot of people whom work for it and if the game has a low percentage beware and embrace yourself, cuz most probably game is anything but easy.

There are some other games that are not hard, but damn too long and people won't knock that door for wasting a lot of time.

I get your point, but data is data and we can discuss and talk about it.

Short brief:

- Games too long, despite its difficulty.
- Games too hard
- Games on PS+ despite being hard or long
- Games with strange situations like having to farm on 5-6 consoles for a year or having $40.000 in order to get one bronze trophy (Prominence Poker)

These are usually games with a low percentage and it's because objective reasons overall, in my opinion.