A new level of toxicity.

JohnCenaSong-

1 hour ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

You really are angry about something, what is the need for these attacks? You've been hostile before I even replied to you.

Honestly part of me is starting to think you've been AFK killing and someone fought back and beat you so thats why you were so angry that I said I baited AFKs... You came in this thread already hostile then when I responded you've just been throwing names at me, behaving sarcastically. What are you gaining from this? I'm not quite sure of your intentions.

Hmmm, strange, personally I've not seen this level in Street Fighter games. For sure I've seen the ocassional guy who can't handle a loss but I swear in Absolver it's >90% of the playerbase xD. Granted though I've not played a whole lot of SF, good game, just never got into it as much as other fighters.

I suppose it is pretty vague, I usually just identify it as those who either troll intentionally, get aggressive when losing or something a bit more exclusive to this game like solely attack players grinding PvE or being AFK and run from any other fight.

My main point with this game (as mentioned earlier in this particular post) is that it appears to be like >90% of the community on this game, I see toxicity in other games but much rarer, even the super popular games. I've played Fortnite on an alt account before and despite the huge success and large child following I don't think I even saw a toxic player, not once. Maybe there are a dozens of them, but they're probably buried by everyone else that I don't have to see them frequently.

I know responding to this thread is not the brightest...but here goes.

First of all if you've played Fortnite on your third account or main account and have not seen that many toxic players in the game does Not translate into there isn't any.

Most games comes with "Multiplayer experience might vary" and just because You experience something doesn't mean everyone experience the same thing. Your logic is severely flawed or you  can't relate to other people and the gaming community around you.

I've heard nothing but good things about the player base in Absolver on PS4, but I wouldn't come to the conclusion that there isn't a troll here or there as that is just the stupidest rhetoric.

After reading through this thread I can only come to the conclusion that you are trolling, again. This behaviour is similar to the Binding of Isaac EU thread where you claimed everyone that got a trophy by playing the disc version was hacking and should be flagged, which also is utter nonsense and asked for proof or any form of evidence to back your claims you lied your way out every single time.

Also CynicalJam96 wans't aggressive before you posted, he responded aggressively after you made an passive aggressive insult, like you have done on other places.

I'm considering if possible this person JohnCenaSong- just goes around trolling threads to harass people in bait tactics and if so, is it reportable?

If one person finds toxic behaviour online one should simply acknowledge that it happens, decide whether or not to keep playing for the moment and not go on a public forum to push out fumes on other people.

lol Playing dead to try and get the upper hand, what a cheap dirty troll tactic no wonder they emote spammed you.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

First of all if you've played Fortnite on your third account or main account and have not seen that many toxic players in the game does Not translate into there isn't any.

Most games comes with "Multiplayer experience might vary" and just because You experience something doesn't mean everyone experience the same thing. Your logic is severely flawed or you  can't relate to other people and the gaming community around you.

Don't get me wrong, the reason I mentioned Fortnite is I know it has a toxic community of children. The point I was making was that through personal experience I hadn't met one, so the ratio must be lower even if there's a bunch of bad eggs. Every multiplayer game has its assholes, that's a given. But this game, as mentioned prior, felt like >90%.

I've heard nothing but good things about the player base in Absolver on PS4, but I wouldn't come to the conclusion that there isn't a troll here or there as that is just the stupidest rhetoric.

I spoke to some Absolver players (streamers) and they said, like you, the community was alright. Though they acknowledged a problem lately. Could this be a likely relation to Playstation Plus? A game with a low playerbase being on Plus can drastically altar the overall environment and change the ratio of assholes:good people.

After reading through this thread I can only come to the conclusion that you are trolling, again. This behaviour is similar to the Binding of Isaac EU thread where you claimed everyone that got a trophy by playing the disc version was hacking and should be flagged, which also is utter nonsense and asked for proof or any form of evidence to back your claims you lied your way out every single time.

Of course you would, you're the fool who believes that of somethings unobtainable, that the moment 1 person obtains it, without proof, that suddenly it's obtainable and that's a FACT. Sorry that I prefer to rely on hard evidence. Don't know why you felt you needed to bring that up here other than to stir the pot, calling me a troll? Seems like you're the troll considering that you're following me thread to thread to specifically start an argument.

Also CynicalJam96 wans't aggressive before you posted, he responded aggressively after you made an passive aggressive insult, like you have done on other places.

Read their first post, if that doesn't across in an aggressive tone you must be new to the Internet. It oozes aggression. My first response was not negative, though they then felt they needed to call me 'precious' in a sarcastic derogatory way. But of course your view is going to be warped by the fact you personally hate me and follow me thread to thread.

If one person finds toxic behaviour online one should simply acknowledge that it happens, decide whether or not to keep playing for the moment and not go on a public forum to push out fumes on other people.

I think people should be able to vent about problems they experience in any game they want. Heck, there's threads in some games about how they hate a single individual trophy. Forums are great places to vent and see like minded views or people who disagree and had a pleasant experience.

lol Playing dead to try and get the upper hand, what a cheap dirty troll tactic no wonder they emote spammed you.

Pretending to be AFK is a cheap tactic? I'm not sure anyone in the world would agree with that one but we'll see if anyone else comments aside from you regarding that before jumping to conclusions, unlike you, I prefer evidence to back me up before I claim anything :) 

The people who FIGHT AFKs are the dirty ones, fighting someone who's not there to fight back. Standing in PvE doing nothing isn't an invitation for some desperate guy to come attack you. If I fight back and they don't like losing, then they shouldn't pick fights in the PvE mode and should either stick to PvP matchmaking or play offline. Not everyone standing around is AFK anyway, they could be in the equipments menu. Are you suggesting looking through your newly acquired equipment in PvE is now and dirty tactic because you're standing still like an AFK? The other player gets the first couple hits free, they get the advantage, if they lose its not because of a dirty tactic, they had the upper hand and lost fair and square. Not sure how that could possibly be considered cheap.

AFKs aside, how about those who attack you mid-PvE when you're also on low HP? Is it also dirty to fight them back and win that fight too? Is it basically just dirty to fight back full stop, I just have to let the person kill me if they hit me first?

EDIT:

WOW, just checked your profile and you don't even have the game? Yet you're trying to make judgements on it and argue with me? Seems true that you're just following me thread to thread... Yknow that's kinda weird right?

Edited by JohnCenaSong-

21 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

EDIT:

WOW, just checked your profile and you don't even have the game? Yet you're trying to make judgements on it and argue with me? Seems true that you're just following me thread to thread... Yknow that's kinda weird right?

100% of what you just responded with is utter nonsense, shlock and bait.

I have played Absolver. Just because I don't have it added to this account doesn't mean I can't critique you for lying about something that is not the threads topic.

Hypocrisy is your middle name. Maybe you should earn those Binding of Isaac trophies so you can make "judgements" yourself.

Trust me I don't follow you around, don't think of yourself that highly as you are way beneath it.

Edited by NightRusticDawn
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NightRusticDawn said:

100% of what you just responded with is utter nonsense, shlock and bait.

Throw labels instead of reading and making counter arguments, says all I need to know about a troll like you. I imagine you'll respond to this because you probably want the last word, your kind usually do.

Look forward to seeing what incendiary comments you put in the next thread you stalk me to. 

But as for this thread, I'm just flat out going to ignore any more childish responses you put my way.

I dont have the game nor did i download it at the time, but i do agree with cenasong.

People can write about anything on the forums wether it is about how happy or sad they are about the game or how cool that new gameplay trailer looks, but judging a game after one playsession is a bit harsh imo BUT i havent played the game so i wouldnt know, ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZireaelSan said:

but judging a game after one playsession is a bit harsh imo BUT i havent played the game so i wouldnt know, 1f605.png

That's a really fair point actually, it probably was too soon to judge on that.

But, I can safely say with more play sessions since then, my opinion remains unchanged xD.

I will say one thing about the game that can definitely be judged in one session though, there's not a lot of single player content, and I say that because it takes less than one session to finish all the main 'story' (beating all the bosses and visiting all the areas). There's supposed to be a free update coming so that might add some much needed content so I'm looking forward to revisiting the game for that.

This games actually pretty fun from a gameplay standpoint, though it's rough around the edges (to be expected).

Edited by JohnCenaSong-

• 2 weeks later...

You can't escape toxicity in multiplayer games, best way to deal with it is to not take it seriously. My playtime with this game was fun. Encountered alot of people who wanted to fight in freeroam and we had respectable fights. Even some people were willing to let me learn some new moves. In the pvp matches you will encounter some people who are beating you because you are not accustomed to the pvp mechanics or they play a school you are not familiar with. But mostly it was good fun. I stopped playing the game because some of the trophies were bugging out for me, like, beating the bosses, i cleared the game 2 times and they still didnt count. 

This is nothing compared to the toxicity in League Of Legends or Overwatch. :D

And one final thing, if you're not having a good time playing the game, just play something else. Or get so good at the game, that if someone is toxic to you, you just make them ragequit. 

• Like 1

Getting really sick of that word recently (toxicity). Ever since Blizzard used it to describe who they deem undesirables in their playerbase it's turning into the latest buzzword for the easily offended.

Seriously mate, get over it. It's human nature and it's not up to you to police other people's behaviour. If you don't like it then don't play it or just ignore it. They're on the internet, you likely don't know them personally and they can't hurt you. Unless they are persistently harassing you and/or revealing personal information then I really don't see the problem. 

• Like 2

Well, you'll find abhorrent behavior everywhere, the only difference is that in online play you have the option of a) log-off and don't care or b ) legally beat the perpetrator.

33 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Seriously mate, get over it. It's human nature and it's not up to you to police other people's behaviour. If you don't like it then don't play it or just ignore it. They're on the internet, you likely don't know them personally and they can't hurt you. Unless they are persistently harassing you and/or revealing personal information then I really don't see the problem. 

To be honest they can hurt you (to a point), as once they ruin the experience for you and you'll end up not enjoying a game you should be having fun with. Funny thing is that it seems to be a common answer around here "if it bothers you then don't play", which even though is the road I've taken (I'll always try to avoid MP games) I don't really agree with it as an argument.

3 hours ago, eurogilvin said:

b ) legally beat the perpetrator.

Never really thought of it like that xD

3 hours ago, eurogilvin said:

Funny thing is that it seems to be a common answer around here "if it bothers you then don't play", which even though is the road I've taken (I'll always try to avoid MP games) I don't really agree with it as an argument.

I'm not a massive fan of that argument, the idea people are told to just not play something they enjoy because some bad apples are running around trying to ruin people's experiences. This is a mentality I feel is exclusive to things like gaming. If you were an avid golfer and there's a guy at the nearest golf place you go to regularly who keeps walking up to you and hitting your ball randomly or making loud distracting noises every time you're going to hit it and you decided to vent about it on a forum, I don't think people would say "just stop playing golf if you don't like it", people would probably tell you to punch the asshole in the face or something xD or, more sensibly, report him to... someone in charge of the place or something. I don't do golf, maybe a bad choice of example, but I hope you see where I'm coming from with real world activities you enjoy.

I'd like to have fun with the games I'm enjoying and not having to simply just stop playing them because of other people feeling the need to spend their time annoying and harassing complete strangers virtually. In the real world (such as the golf example), they'd most likely be kicked out or other consequences and people would be on the victims side generally, in the virtual world though it's just considered to be part of the package and the victim should either deal with it or don't play it, and it kind of shouldn't be I feel.

4 hours ago, Muncis said:

if someone is toxic to you, you just make them ragequit. 

Done that plenty of times but depending on whether they're a full on troll, they can tend to not really care about losing or dying and just want to continue to annoy and harass their victim and ruin their experience. Usually these people, from what I can tell, start doing this because they're bitter about losing a bunch (maybe early on when they don't have much experience) and instead of, y'know 'gitting gud', they give up and try to just bring everyone else's experience down, 'if I can't have fun you can't' seems to be the mentality of a bunch of them.

I've since moved on from this game, I've loaded it up to help a couple people get some moves and I still have it installed just in case more people want a couple moves. It wasn't the toxicity though, that does suck but I just vented here and persevered, it was more that it started to feel a bit bland and repetitive after a while. I'm at heart a variety gamer in all aspects, not only what I play but in fighting games I pretty much switch characters very regularly (never have a main, but do have characters I'm better with) and I felt like while there's dozens of move combinations in this game, eventually it all just starts feeling the same over and over.

You will always get this kind of players in a competitive multiplayer game. The amount of positive encounters in this game outweighs all negativity. Just be a better person and act like a descent human being...and...welll...don't hate the game, hate humanity son ?

• Like 1

On August 23, 2018 at 8:29 AM, Muncis said:

(...) Or get so good at the game, that if someone is toxic to you, you just make them ragequit. 

Haha! The Oscar goes to Muncis lol Its pretty much a knowlegment, philosophy!

When I started playing Dark Souls 2 SotFS pvp in 2015 I had a lot of thoughts about how the game community should behave online. I used to get very upset when  my oponnent hit me while I was greeting him/her, I used to get upset when people healed themselves forever, their belly full of estus and it used to feel unfair having to deplete their HP pool like 4 times... Once I even sent a hate message to someone that wasnt playing "according to the rules". I deeply regret it! Nowadays I dont care if online people play different than the way I do, I dont care if they follow the rules. I learned to respect even the player one could call toxic. I learned to have fun experiencing the online component the way it might come, it is chaos xD

Ah, by the way, gonna kick ass and have mine kicked in Absolver soon. Hehe 

• 4 weeks later...

How some people think getting insulted and humiliated in an online game has multiplied or has gotten a lot worse is just ridiculous. 

It’s always been that way. 

Those of you on here who are younger than I am who only just started getting into online gaming may get upset or wonder why some people are so rude and inconsiderate. This shit has happened for a long time. 

You people take this shit far too seriously and have to be all sensitive about it. There’s a lot of morons online, no way to avoid that. I can understand kids in high school getting all upset over an online game because someone hurt their feelings, because I went through the same thing. Then you grow up and realize there will always be those idiots, so you move on and play as you see fit. 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2018 at 2:45 AM, Spaz said:

Those of you on here who are younger than I am who only just started getting into online gaming may get upset or wonder why some people are so rude and inconsiderate. This shit has happened for a long time. 

How long ago are we talking? Because (and I'm trying not to have nostalgia goggles on but I may be slightly misguided by nostalgia) when I started playing online in the early origins of online gaming, there were quite few if any toxic players, and none of this more modern degree from personal experience and most server hosting did a fairly good job of filtering out bad eggs probably since in the grand scheme of things it was a smaller and more intimate online environment in the early days. Maybe I'm just remembering the good times and filtering out the bad, but I've never seen what we see in the modern online gaming landscape back then at all.

I think in part it's due to how it required more effort and dedication to gaming to actually play online whereas these days anyone, who maybe wouldn't be arsed back in the day, can whip up a game online and take their frustrations in their lives out on random strangers, whether through kicking their butts (a healthy way) or by trolling and harassing, bringing people down to their miserable level (a much more unhealthy way).

Heck, do you remember having LAN parties and whatnot back in the day? Good luck being toxic there xD I can guarantee you'd never be allowed back, people established rules and took them super seriously (maybe even too seriously) back then, and even today with LAN meet ups.

3 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

How long ago are we talking? Because (and I'm trying not to have nostalgia goggles on but I may be slightly misguided by nostalgia) when I started playing online in the early origins of online gaming, there were quite few if any toxic players, and none of this more modern degree from personal experience and most server hosting did a fairly good job of filtering out bad eggs probably since in the grand scheme of things it was a smaller and more intimate online environment in the early days. Maybe I'm just remembering the good times and filtering out the bad, but I've never seen what we see in the modern online gaming landscape back then at all.

I think in part it's due to how it required more effort and dedication to gaming to actually play online whereas these days anyone, who maybe wouldn't be arsed back in the day, can whip up a game online and take their frustrations in their lives out on random strangers, whether through kicking their butts (a healthy way) or by trolling and harassing, bringing people down to their miserable level (a much more unhealthy way).

Heck, do you remember having LAN parties and whatnot back in the day? Good luck being toxic there xD I can guarantee you'd never be allowed back, people established rules and took them super seriously (maybe even too seriously) back then, and even today with LAN meet ups.

I started back in 2000 - 2001. Dabbled in Ultima Online for a bit, then Runescape came around and I played that for several years. That remains the game I’ve spent the most time on, clocking in at around 8000 hours played according to a NPC that tracks the time you’ve been logged in. 

People who say vanilla World of Warcraft was all full of roses and cheerful are talking straight out of their ass. I always see people bitching about Warcraft these days because it has changed too much, but MMOs have to change if they want to stay relevant. 

Your post is no different than someone in their 40s saying everyone was more respectful and more considerate back in the 1980s. That shit is a bold lie. Just because there’s more assholes on the internet today doesn’t mean there weren’t any back in the day. We just forget about those bad times and only remember the good because that’s how we as people are. 

If someone is giving you a problem, block them. I only ever block people if they are specifically trying to attack me and harass me, which thankfully is pretty rare. 

There’s a lot of shit out there, I know. Best thing is to take and accept what you get and move on.

10 minutes ago, Spaz said:

We just forget about those bad times and only remember the good because that’s how we as people are. 

You could very well be right. Though while I acknowledge bad apples did always exist, it just feels more common and 'acceptable' in today's scene, likely for the same reasons I mentioned in my last post about easy access *shrugs*

It's almost impossible to accurately gather any data on this and memories, as you say, we sometime forget the bad and almost nostalgically say it was 'better in our day' lol. So, really we'll never know. Just feels like it to me and whether it's truly factual or not, I can't change how it feels I guess.

It's just such a shame that when given the illusion of anonymity people feel the need to be so nasty while in the real world most wouldn't. From trolls to keyboard warriors etc.

Also, 8000 hours, damn son xD I rather not know how many hours I've spent in MMOs, I mostly cut them out of life like 10 years ago though. Out of curiousity, what do you think of the newer updated Runescape? Have you tried it? Last time I checked was back when they added Dunegoneering and haven't been back since.

And an additional note for everyone, regarding this thread, a small update. I don't think this games community relates to my original post, I think it was just the influx of 'CoD kiddies' (is that still the diss/term?) from it being on PS+, since I've heard similar stories from other multiplayer games the month/month after they're added on PS+, it's unlikely the game.

• Like 1