Platinum difficulty?

TomiA-

There's no difficulty related trophies so you can play on Easy. And there's really nothing in the way of stuff you have to go out of your way for apart from getting the two endings which isn't as bad as it sounds. The only real issue is the game does get a bit repetitive before the halfway mark, so by your second playthrough you might want to watch videos along the way or something.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, andrew_cole78 said:

Doesn’t look to bad according to this guide https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7324-mafia-iii-trophy-guide

Its not hard at all i say 4.5/10 just you have to do 2 runs of the game which by the 2nd run it gets soo repetitive and very boring!!  I say 45 to 65 hours

Edited by Titanomachy_75

From my experience when I got the plat, 5 headshots in 5 seconds and 5 seconds of drift time were the only "hard" trophies, but you can set up the right circumstances to make them easier. Two playthroughs are required, and it just gets grindy, but it isn't hard.

Edited by communistwookiee

18 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

From my experience when I got the plat, 5 headshots in 5 seconds and 5 seconds of drift time were the only "hard" trophies, but you can set up the right circumstances to make them easier. Two playthroughs are required, and it just gets grindy, but it isn't hard.

I don't remember which territory/ racket it was but there is a certain hideout where the KKK are all bunched up underneath a bridge or something and so headshotting them was a piece of cake with an SMG that I had and slow mo. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the bulk of the Platinum's requirements and I gotta say, it's not difficult at all - just very time-consuming. You can play the game on easy (even though you still die in like 3 shots), you don't have to get the collectibles (although come on, who isn't gonna get those playboy magazines), and no trophies are glitched. You just need to do one playthrough where you spare everyone and one where you don't, while completing some side missions on the "spare" playthrough. All in all 2/10 and you're looking at 50 hours after everything's set and done. Gameplay is extremely redundant but the story and characters are pretty intriguing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got the platinum after two play-throughs on normal and without consulting a single guide.  It's very easy imo.  I initially found the six-headshots trophy tricky, but it turns out there is a super accurate machine gun with silencer that makes it easy.  I was routinely getting 8 headshots in a row with that thing the second time around.  It helps if all the enemies are in the same area (you can throw a voodoo doll for this), and I think the silencer helps too because they initially don't know which direction the bullets are coming from.  Without silencer they immediately scatter and start ducking, making it problematic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-09-10 at 1:34 AM, zizimonster said:

Hi, I've got a question: Do I need to wiretap a junction box in order to flip (recruit) an Racket Informant in an area? I know I need to do it in order to flip (recruit) a Racket Boss. Thanks. :)

Yes you need wirerap a juncion box in area there is racket boss if you want to recruit him.

On 9/11/2018 at 11:53 PM, Mark21o21 said:

Yes you need wirerap a juncion box in area there is racket boss if you want to recruit him.

On 9/12/2018 at 1:01 PM, SuperZay said:

Don't need wiretraps for informants. There always will be a choice.

Thanks, guys. :)

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

There are so many mixed reviews on this game I don't know if I even want to try it.  Good information here, but the repetitive stuff might be a game killer.

The game is fun... for a playthru. I took a few days break before doing my second playthru.

You have to read the trophy guide thoroughly, so that you won't miss any missable trophies because the game has a lot of them.

Next, pray that none of the trophies glitch. :)

• 3 years later...