Is this game totally broken?

Quink666

27 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

The game is ok, had no problems with it. Just don't play the last mission on easy because it's impossible to beat on easy. Your helicopter takes too much damage and dies too fast.

Wow I wish I had realized this was why that final helicopter mission was so hard!  Serves me right for playing on easy I guess.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:21 PM, GoDBoss173 said:

Are you talking about the classic edition or the game in general?

I think the game itself is still pretty decent even for 2020 standards but the Ps4 version is awful.

Like you said the graphics are pretty much the same but for some reason, the framerate is worse than the original.

The input delay/lag is (much) worse too, probably the worst port I have ever played. I started the Ps3 version and the gameplay of the Ps4 version is rather bad in comparison. What a shame, this port ruins FC3s reputation.

I'm talking about the turd they squeezed out for the not really a remake OR a remaster PS4 Edition.

The core game is what it is. Dated for sure, but still fun. PS4 version runs, looks and smells like dog shit.

• Like 1

I was hoping for a good experience but the game is a joke, I played the ps3 version a long time ago and it was fine but the classic a]edition is garbage.

i agree with you about the fall damage, you take fall damage easily from low distance, and yesterday I was doing a mission and I used the wing suit, the game got fucked and I stayed mid air and couldn’t land at all.

I don’t recommend anyone to play this shit

• Like 2

Just got the platinum a few minutes ago. I found the input lag to be minor except when trying to scale the radio towers. Whenever trying to jump over the gaps, he would just run off like a moron. The heli mission at the end was frustrating as well. Why is it still bugged when this remaster came out in 2018. I dont remember having any issues with the PS3 version. It still very playable though, just make sure for the final misson to change the difficulty to normal or higher.

The input lag is pretty bad, it's the worst I've ever seen, in fact I've never had an issue with input lag on any other game. It's playable but it ruins what is an excellent game. The mission where you're forced to use a sniper to save Oliver is a perfect example of how bad it is, also the hit detection is bad. If it wasn't for the auto aim i don't think i would play it. 

Not sure about the lag, but the UI is horrible. Unlike later titles, holding a button won't give you an icon display on screen, so when you hold :triangle: for healing, putting out fire, or anything needs to hold a button, you'll never know if the button is registered or not. 

And those tower platforming things... How are you supposed to do the platforming if your legs and feet are not even visible?

Still recommend if you are looking for an easy plat, but the game itself is not of high quality 

Edited by Astray404

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just started this game. I played Far Cry 3 back when it was first released in 2013 on PC, but never played beyond the first few story missions.

Now I'm playing this so-called Classic Edition. As a person who platinumed Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, a game which is obviously more difficult than this game, I find FC3 Classic Edition quite hard even on Easy difficulty. Should I change it to Normal?

Further, I also believe the aiming in this game is s***. Should I increase the sensitivity?

Thank you!

Edited by zizimonster

• 2 months later...

Look man it's a really old game, it was filled with bugs earlier and still the classic edition has same bugs. I platinum'd it on hard difficulty, even on hard it was easy, maybe the problem is with you like others said. Play it on easy, use stealth or worst case scenario use a guide/walkthrough.

• 1 month later...

I only played Primal, but not one of the  normal ones of the series, but this one was on sale for 3 euro's.

I understand the game is/was from 2012 and the Ubisoft-special (aka liberate lots of towers and collect lots of collectables) was not as known as it is todays, so can't hold that one against Ubisoft. 

I believe some say FC 2 is better, but i can understand why FC 3 has given the FC series it's name/reputation. I like Vaas and Dennis and other characters / islanders, you have lot's of freedom in what you can do. Looking it with 2020-eyes, the game is a bit 'empty' or a bit shallow in the different types of (meaningful) activities, but in 2012 it was probably more then enough and thrilling.

The classic edition has as bonus no online trophies and no difficulty settings tropies and i believe all the dlc/ extra activities and missions and all the trophies / platinum are pretty doable.

The downside is that the controls are buggy and or clunky, the vertical controlls are as slow as f*ck (horizontal seems ok and somehow he controls in vehicles are superfast), so when an animal attacks me, i don't have the time to aim downwards so i must kill them with a knife. Other then that, the rest is fine, maybe a bit outdated.

As a reference, Borderlands 2 is also from 2012 and somehow that one aged a lot better / is the better experience IMHO, but I think this game will become my 33rd platinum, only have to do it.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This game might be one of best/well written far cry's.  I couldnt start it on easy, had to go survival aka normal.  The beginning reminded how dope it is.  Its a character arc you don't get too often, Jason.  I know he's white, which is super not woke or cool, but personally the spirtitual and shadow trip through all the chaos, he gives of the feeling of being a nobody at the beginning unable to be strong, to embracing his complete self and becoming awake.

Oh yeah, and vaas and Dennis are next level written too.  The game maynot be perfect but it has deep heart.

Edited by SilkyJay86
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...

Don't believe everything you read online lol. Bought this with low expectations based on what I'd read and pleasantly surprised to say it runs fine, havnt encountered any bugs and the driving isn't too bad at all. It still looks great too considering how old it is. I'm loving it so far.