Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature The Entire Map From The First Game

Ghost

Like many other gaming sites, Inside Gamer had a chance to play RDR2 and this was revealed in a Q&A that was translated by Reddit users

Β 

Q: Are Armadillo and New Austin in the game?

Β 

A: Yup! After asking Rockstar they told me the entire (!) map of Red Dead Redemption is also in this game, but that of course there are many more areas added. In the six hours I played I only got to see a small part of Blackwater, and even that was already gigantic. Six hours was not enough to see any of the other familiar places.

Β 

Source: RDR2 andΒ GearNuke

Β 

Fan made map:

Β 

mapleak.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Very exciting. I kinda dream they will just keep adding zones/maps for this game making it gigantic!!! We dont need a RDR3! At least till PS5...

On 10/3/2018 at 11:27 PM, Spyro said:

If true, Mexico will be there, too. Sweet! Hope they expand it, too.

Β 

Yup :)Β It was confirmed by RockstarΒ :highfive: I forgot to put this in the OP. I found it on RDR2.org

Β 

It's fan made, but I wouldn't surprised if it looks similar to the real one.

Β 

mapleak.jpg

Edited by Ghost

21 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I know the size of the map should not get me excited because it's the content in it that counts.

Β 

But it does.

Β 

Same for me, actually. The mere idea of being able to revisit places from the previous episode is quite exiting!

Β 

On 03/10/2018 at 11:39 PM, Ghost said:

mapleak.jpg

Β 

Is this map an official Rockstar feature or something fan-made ?

Β 

54 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Β 

Same for me, actually. The mere idea of being able to revisit places from the previous episode is quite exiting!

Β 

Β 

Is this map an official Rockstar feature or something fan-made ?

Β 

Β 

It's fan made.

Β 

There was a leaked map back in 2016:Β 

Β 

red-dead-2-map-leakjpg-6d9c7a.jpg

Β 

It originated from NeoGAF. "OP went to mods to get verification after he quickly realized he put someone and/or himself in employment jeopardy. He took the map down but everyone saved it anyway. Mods didn't ban the OP or close the thread prompting more discussion of it being real. 2 days later an outside source and website supposedly hadΒ confirmed the map is "real" along with the time frame of the game taking place before Red Dead Redemption"

Β 

After Rock* revealed trailers and pictures, fans of the series joined together on a GTAForums and started mapping it out.

Β 

EDIT: I remember before GTA V was released, Rockstar revealed a picture revealing theΒ collector's edition and it showed a glimpse of the map. Forum users on GTAForumsΒ contributed in mapping it out. It's pretty incredible.

Β 

Spoiler

Β 

9738450286_7e4ec4aa31_b.jpg

Β 

9355565220_f91e283a0a_c.jpg

Β 

c3B0LNV.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The entire rdr 1 is not part of the story at all, that was a huge disappointment. You do see 1 % of it. That’s why I’m unsure why they remasters the entire map of rdr 1, unless they will release a dlc of the entire story of rdr 1 or just do a remastered rdr 1 for an anniversary, since all they need to do is remake character now. The only thing about rdr 1 map is collectibles and pretty much explore. Seems to be aim toward nostalgia, I mean the entire epilogue is a nostalgia hard on.Β 

Edited by berserklover
Fixed