Best boosting method by far - bots only

24 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Hi, I've just achieved 100% completion on this game and thought I would share with you a boosting method that absolutely crushes every other boosting method I've tried, including those described in the trophy guide. I've come across some random video on Youtube that proved invaluable, and no one seems to know about it on PSNP, so here you go :

The video is useful to show you the exact location, but does a poor job at explaining stuff and I had to figure out a few things by myself. Basically :

• Create your own warzone

• Select Forest as only map, and Beacon Theft as only game mode. Set match length to 15 or 20 minutes at least so you have all the time you need.

• Set 11 bots.

• Disable every single weapon, secondary weapon and ability for every class, except for those that you want to boost.

• You're going to play in the Helghast team, so make sure that the class you're going to boost is "Helghast only". Other classes can be "VSA only" or preferably allowed for both teams.

• Tweak everything else as desired (low health, instant respawn time...). Also friendly fire is useful to get rid of allied bots stealing too many kills from you.

• Start the game. If you spawn in the VSA team, quit and try again

• Once you spawn as Helghast, run towards the enemy beacon and jump on the nearby rock. You can steal the beacon before jumping, but that's not mandatory.

If you've done everything correctly, enemies will only have knives and won't be able to hurt you once you're on the rock, since they apparently cannot jump on it. Instead, they will just flock around you and stop moving, becoming perfect sitting ducks and boosting partners. 1f600.png

For extra performance, you can set the game so that the enemy team only has support class and has the spawn beacon as its only ability. Enemies will die and reappear instantly right in front of you ! Of course that's only possible when you're not boosting support class yourself.

This method is especially effective for all drone-related abilities, but you can also use it to your advantage for a lot of other stuff, including weapons. It will save you an insane amount of hours.

Thanks, this will help in the future when i will start the game.

• 5 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 6:18 PM, JeManquedHygiene said:

Hi, I've just achieved 100% completion on this game and thought I would share with you a boosting method that absolutely crushes every other boosting method I've tried, including those described in the trophy guide. I've come across some random video on Youtube that proved invaluable, and no one seems to know about it on PSNP, so here you go :

The video is useful to show you the exact location, but does a poor job at explaining stuff and I had to figure out a few things by myself. Basically :

• Create your own warzone

• Select Forest as only map, and Beacon Theft as only game mode. Set match length to 15 or 20 minutes at least so you have all the time you need.

• Set 11 bots.

• Disable every single weapon, secondary weapon and ability for every class, except for those that you want to boost.

• You're going to play in the Helghast team, so make sure that the class you're going to boost is "Helghast only". Other classes can be "VSA only" or preferably allowed for both teams.

• Tweak everything else as desired (low health, instant respawn time...). Also friendly fire is useful to get rid of allied bots stealing too many kills from you.

• Start the game. If you spawn in the VSA team, quit and try again

• Once you spawn as Helghast, run towards the enemy beacon and jump on the nearby rock. You can steal the beacon before jumping, but that's not mandatory.

If you've done everything correctly, enemies will only have knives and won't be able to hurt you once you're on the rock, since they apparently cannot jump on it. Instead, they will just flock around you and stop moving, becoming perfect sitting ducks and boosting partners. 1f600.png

For extra performance, you can set the game so that the enemy team only has support class and has the spawn beacon as its only ability. Enemies will die and reappear instantly right in front of you ! Of course that's only possible when you're not boosting support class yourself.

This method is especially effective for all drone-related abilities, but you can also use it to your advantage for a lot of other stuff, including weapons. It will save you an insane amount of hours.

Just recently returned it and it saved me massive amount of hours from boosting Buddy and Guard Drone. Thanks for the post :) (still have 7 abilities to max out which are Cloak kills, Turret, Stun Blast, Stun Drone, Stealing, Revive Drone and Spawn Beacon) Btw it might be out of topic but I have a question, is there any fast way to grind 50 wins for co-op mode solo? I saw a topic talking about taking headshots standing at the sandbags and banking points for DMZ map but not sure about it. Here's the topic I saw, including an attachment of picture as well:

Topic: 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/intercept-expansion/250072-its-possible-get-co-op-captain-playing-solo.html#post6368466

Picture attachment:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7493&d=1407456801

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 0:15 AM, Top-Lad-Luke said:

I've not played the game so I could be wrong, but op seems to have described everything you need to know? 

I ended up finding it, it wasn’t the same boosting method that OP had described. It was a boosting method for a single ability.

On 24/10/2018 at 7:24 PM, cardionic said:

May I also suggest this technique to quickly boost cloak kills

Adding to this method, you could farm remaining beacon spawn assists by using the following method. Same settings, different location.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

A bit offtopic, but I managed to do all the insurgent DLC trophies related to the new equipment and hacking/stealing while playing as insurgent class.  When you hack an e-pulse or scanner and it starts to do work for you the points you get count toward the other classes.  This can be done in customized warzone with bots.  You can turn off all weapons and limit equipment to hackable items and i also recommend turning off close combat so you can steal more often (you cant steal after a brutal melee). I ran laps around Penthouse on TDM, 30 min rounds, no spawn limits etc.  Finished it in about 12 hours and i found it more fun than straight up boosting.  There is junk everywhere to hack and you can still pop a drone and keep on hacking and stealing. The game allows you to have multiple pieces of hacked equipment active at the same time. In fact the e pulse was maxed out first since drones are destroyed after one pulse. Doesnt feel as grindy this way. GL!

• Like 3

On 2020-06-16 at 2:10 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

I know this is 2 years old, but the video is kind of hard to understand, is anyone able to tell me the settings they used?

On 2020-06-20 at 1:02 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

I ended up finding it, it wasn’t the same boosting method that OP had described. It was a boosting method for a single ability.

In case anyone else was looking for it like I was, it's in the video description. For convenience, here it is (I put my recommended changes in red just to avoid your teammates from scoring the beacons and ending the game early):

---

You cloak and kill then wait for recharge repeat, the normal way takes 30sec+ per kill, 300 kills takes about 3 hours, very time consuming and extremely boring during the process, truly pain in the ass needless to say.

Follow the video, remember to cloak immediately when spawn, we can basically skip the cooldown time to get 10sec per kill, takes 1 hour max to finish this crap then have fun.

Map: The Penthouse
Mission: Beacon Theft(don't know what's called in English, basically steal the beacon)
Time: whatever
Score cap: whatever (I'd set this to 15 or something even higher so it won't matter much if your team secures the beacon)
Health: low
Health Reg: low
Friendly fire: off (I'd set this to on just in case you want to kill your teammate carrying the beacon)
Time before match: off
Spawn timer: 1
Number of bots: 11
Bot difficulty: easy
There is a option about melee animation, make sure that's off too.

Weapons and explosives: off
Classes: enable Support for both, Scout for VSA only
Abilities: enable Cloak, Revive drone, Spawn beacon

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 4

I’m sure I followed all the instructions but I keep getting killed by some sort of drone. All the enemies have knives, but there are also drones flying around that shoot me. Also, enemies are killing me in one shot with their knives. Any idea what I’ve done wrong? 

1 hour ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I’m sure I followed all the instructions but I keep getting killed by some sort of drone. All the enemies have knives, but there are also drones flying around that shoot me. Also, enemies are killing me in one shot with their knives. Any idea what I’ve done wrong? 

It's probably the air support drone that you have to scroll right to disable when creating warzone, I missed it at first too because it's kinda hidden. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Yep, that’s the one. What tab do I disable it under?

Under Abilities, the drone you are talking about is hidden behind a scroll in the Support section. Just move your selection to the right and you'll see it

As for the knives one-shotting you - that's just how it is, nothing you can do about it

• Like 2

A tip for grinding E-Pulse Emitter: Typical Forest parameters, but no weapons, and made Helghast Assault Only and VSA Support Only (disable other Classes). Turned on Support Abilities: Revive Drone, Spawn Beacon, and Tactical Emitter, and you start racking up stuns pretty darn quick.