How do you do the Veteran difficulty?

lettmon

If you don't have the patience, you might better not even try. Even the first few levels are at some points unfair, but the last two are more feeled luck to finish. I got trough all this, but not without screaming, punching, throwing controller on bed and days of break to calm down. And some other trophies also are quiet frustrating.

In the end it's up too you if you want to try it. But trust me, the grenades won't get better on Veteran(At some points I hid in cover and had 2-3 seconds later 5 grenades around me)

• Like 1

If you have trouble at the lowest difficulty im amazed you are playing COD at all. This game is annoying with grenades but i only found two levels to be hard. The plaza section of "Heart of the reich" is ridicolous it just rains grenades and when you stick your head out at a bad time you are dead. The final level "reichstag" can also be kinda annoying but it is nothing compared to the plaza section of "Heart of the reich"

1 hour ago, Hvalpen said:

If you have trouble at the lowest difficulty im amazed you are playing COD at all.

I don't play shooters normally, just for a change now and then. I thought I would push through just the first level on Veteran for a fairly easy trophy but it's just too hard.

You can play at a snail's pace but this is definitely one of the hardest Call of Duty games out there as far as Veteran difficulty goes. It can be beaten but be prepared for unfair deaths and having enemies spamming grenades as if there was no tomorrow and potentially throwing your controller against a wall or something. When I played, I noticed enemies would stop spawning under 2 conditions:

- You either push forward towards the next checkpoint dodging bullets and grenades.

- You hold back and snipe enemies from really far away while crouching all the way down behind something as soon as you are graced by a bullet.

Enemies do stop spawning after a long a while and only after that, you will be able to move forward to the next spawn point or checkpoint.

Now, if you had problems on even the lowest difficulties, I wouldn't recommend it. Some of the other CoDs are much more manageable on Veteran but this one is very challenging on its single player. As the others have stated, the last 2 sections of the Soviet campaign (Heart of the Reich and Downfall) are by FAR the most difficult sections of the game. I know of a couple of gamers that just gave up at this point as they couldn't handle having grenades raining on them.

Good luck if you decide to go for it :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Nice to know that I‘m not the only one who wanted to break my controller during the last 2 missions. Or even worse, to break my tv screen. Lol

BTT, using cover and switching positions quickly when you get spammed with grenades to alternative nearby cover spots is key here. So always make sure that you can run to another "safe“ spot or backtrack, then dodging the grenades will be a lot easier.

Try to take out enemies one by one, via carefully peeking around the corner from your cover to either side. It’s better than just standing up when proned or crouched.

And while aiming, avoid being attackable/ visible for more than one enemy at once.

Easier said than done at some points, cause your super intelligent AI team partners can push you around the corners or block your movement sometimes. Really annoying.

it can be neccessary at some point to take a few hits first and watch the hitmarkers, to make out where your firing enemy actually is. Some can be hard to see, and some shoot at you from a large distance. And unfortunately, in "Heart of the Reich“ you won‘t have a scoped rifle til near the end of the level, right after the plaza section. I only found a PTRS-41 sniper on the top floor in the destroyed building to the right (just before the parliament building/ "Reichstag“). Watch out for the Rocketlauncher guys, they spawn on the rooftop and some floors beneath that position.

Some more tips:

Don‘t rush your enemies, stay in cover and try to shoot them from a distance until they stop respawning. Stay in the background and let your AI team push forward. But sometimes they won‘t move on until you do, though.

There are 2 Panzerschrecks (Rocketlaunchers) spread around the plaza with only 1 shot, so you can destroy 2 of the 4 FLAK cannons with them, including the troops around them.

use you molotovs or cooked grenades for crowd control

it is definitely tough on veteran, yeah. but keep being patient, keep carefully pushing forward only when you know the area is clear, then you‘ll eventually get through it.

Edited by rogero_86
added information

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Ravie_HD said:

I want to 100% this game, however it tells me that the DLC trophies are not available in my region and I can't download the DLC. Is it possible to change my region to any other country, buy the DLC and get he trophies and then change my region back?

No, dlc is region locked so you would also need a copy of the game from the same region to be able to do that.  

Lots and lots of paitence. I've done 13 out of the 15 missions and have been put off doing Heart of the Reich for a long time. For the American Missions at least I find using the smoke grenades to be very helpful 

38 minutes ago, Ravie_HD said:

I want to 100% this game, however it tells me that the DLC trophies are not available in my region and I can't download the DLC. Is it possible to change my region to any other country, buy the DLC and get he trophies and then change my region back?

I'm not sure how to do it, but since I can see you're from Europe the map pack is on the UK store https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0002-BLES00354_00-PCALLOFDUT000027