Western Stranger trophy glitched?

drthomys

I completed 12 stranger mission strands and got no trophy for it. 

Under Progression - Total Completion - Strangers it used to count up showing x/10. Once it hit 10, it changed to a checkmark. Shouldn't that have unlocked the trophy for me? Am I missing something? 

Edit: Not every stranger mission counts. The Rockstar Social Club shows your real progression under the trophy tab. Don't be worried, this trophy is not glitched.

Edited by drthomys

11 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I have done 5 (ingame counter), but my Social club says (4/10). Seems to be some problem with the tracker

You're right. Social Club and ingame tracker don't work the same. Ingame I have completed 10+, on the Social Club the trophy progress is at 80%. I'm guessing not all Stranger missions count for the trophy then. 

6 minutes ago, Krove-34 said:

Did you completed all the steps ? They each have a few step to truly complete their mission . At the end , you get a medal. 

I know and I have. Like I have said before, the ingame counter has become a checkmark, meaning the game counts at least 10 as done. Afterwards I completed 2 more, which didn't change anything. 

I'm just doing them all, guess it'll unlock eventually. :)

I've reached 3/10 just by meeting 1 stranger and then going off to see strangers suggested to me by the stranger (I'm trying to avoid spoilers here).

So, do all these sub-strangers count, or only the initial stranger? The in-game counter would suggest all the strangers count, but stranger things have already happened with these Red Dead trophies, and none of us are no stranger to strange trophy quirks. 

2 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

So, do all these sub-strangers count, or only the initial stranger? 

My theory would be that the ingame counter tracks the strangers needed for the 100% completion trophy. This can be single part stranger quests. 

The social club counter tracks the exact trophy progress for the Western Strangers trophy, for which only multipart quests count. 

Or it might just be glitched.

17 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I got the gold medal for 4 stranger missions and it is saying I only have one stranger mission done, I am pretty sure it is glitched.

Are you looking at the trophy progress? Because overview page is kinda broken.

5 minutes ago, ryoonz said:

Does it count toward the 70 gold medal requirement?

No. It is stated in the trophy description "golden medals in story missions".

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Akrioz said:

The earlier you can get it is chapter 4. It only counts when youget a golden medal at the of the questline.

Oh! OK, still at chapter 3. And I know it's strangers mission strands, not one shots, but still the 40% worried me a little bit. Guess there are many more waiting to be discovered, then.

Edited by KennethMcCormick

I completed 3 full strands, and its not even shown in my progress so far, witch means its at 20% or lower. Cuz my lowest is 21% and they only show the top 6.

Its says I did 8/10, the following stuff gave me the 8 checks:

- One for each Gunslinger kill, so thats 4

- The donation in Saint Denis counts as 1

- The full completion of the treasure map (all 3 maps) counts as 1

- The full completion of the photo guy (5 missions total) counts as 1

- The full completion of the guy who lost his animals (5 missions) counts as 1

That makes 8/10 in you progress. My thinking was, that the last 3 would count for the trophy ass well, cuz they are full completed strands.

But that would make my progress 30% in witch case it should be shown in my trophy progression on the social club, but its not. 

So I guess one of those 3 also does not count, maybe the treasure?? Or otherwise, this is just glitched as hell.

Hopefully this gives som extra insight on all of this.

Edited by Bunkerbudy

19 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

One for each Gunslinger kill, so thats 4

That will be concluded in chapter 4 and only will count there as 1. You can still see the strand in the task log.

20 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

That doesn't count for sure.

20 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

The donation in Saint Denis counts as 1

Not a strand.

You only have 2. British man and photo man.

7 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

I'm gone keep track some more every time I complete one, to see if it counted or not

Yeah, I did the same thing after 40%. The strands usually have white symbol with letters instead of just "?".

By the way, lending a hand tracks the same way. You only get progress towards the trophy at the "Money lending and other sins part VII", for example.

Edited by Akrioz

1 minute ago, Akrioz said:

By the way, lending a hand tracks the same way. You only get progress towards the trophy at the "Money lending and other sins part VII", for example.

Yep, that I knew. It was part of the reasoning behind this trophy as well and why not everything counts or counts from the start.

4 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

I completed 3 full strands, and its not even shown in my progress so far, witch means its at 20% or lower. Cuz my lowest is 21% and they only show the top 6.

Its says I did 8/10, the following stuff gave me the 8 checks:

- One for each Gunslinger kill, so thats 4

- The donation in Saint Denis counts as 1

- The full completion of the photo guy (5 missions total) counts as 1

- The full completion of the guy who lost his animals (5 missions) counts as 1

That makes 8/10 in you progress. My thinking was, that the last 3 would count for the trophy ass well, cuz they are full completed strands.

But that would make my progress 30% in witch case it should be shown in my trophy progression on the social club, but its not. 

So I guess one of those 3 also does not count, maybe the treasure?? Or otherwise, this is just glitched as hell.

Hopefully this gives som extra insight on all of this.

Doesn't count like that - all the gunslingers are just 1 and you will get one more in that strand in I believe chapter 4 or 6, basically no matter how far they go III,IV,V... they will count as finished only once you complete all goals.

But also you might require more than 10 stranger missions - I thought it glitched or something and cross checked with guides and R*club but then it just popped when I finished my 12th mission or somewhere around it. I believe there are 20 or so and they are not missable/skippable they will be available even after the epilogue so don't worry and do a few as they come naturally. Some appear only in later chapters.

2 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

Doesn't count like that - all the gunslingers are just 1 and you will get one more in that strand in I believe chapter 4 or 6, basically no matter how far they go III,IV,V... they will count as finished only once you complete all goals.

But also you might require more than 10 stranger missions - I thought it glitched or something and cross checked with guides and R*club but then it just popped when I finished my 12th mission or somewhere around it. I believe there are 20 or so and they are not missable/skippable they will be available even after the epilogue so don't worry and do a few as they come naturally. Some appear only in later chapters.

Well I can say that even tho you get 5 golden medals in total for the gunslinger Stranger mission (4 for each gunslinger and 1 at the end) it only counts as one Stranger mission strand (if completed fully). Allot of small ones, like the donation also dont count cuz they are no Strands.

I can also tell that the murdercase stranger mission counts as a strand adding up for the trophy.

Edited by Bunkerbudy