Nekopara confirmed censored November 2nd release date

SnowxSakura

22 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I was interested in getting this when it was first announced, but since it's an inferior version, there's really not much point. I suspect this will be the case for most Japanese games going forward provided Sony don't back down on their silly policy. Better to just buy them on other platforms.

Same here.

4 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

I agree. If you spend $300-400 to buy a PS4, Sony should let you decide for yourself.  Are they going to go after swearing next?  I hope they don't turn PS4 into the PG-13Station.

If they don't want kids getting certain games in their uncut form, then they should just release them as is but digital-only with an M or AO rating.  The world doesn't revolve around children alone... well, it shouldn't.

Exactly. You know, the PS3 has a very handy age restriction option. The PS4 used to have it too, but after an update a year or two ago it was severely crippled because now age restriction only works for new users and users who haven't logged into PSN yet, and if there's an easy way of doing it for all accounts across the board, including my own account, I haven't found it yet. The Switch actually has a very handy parental app that if it's linked to the Switch, lets you not only set age limits, but time limits, per day even.

Also, Hah! PG13-Station. I'm using that.

Also yeah, the world revolves around children much more than it should, especially these days with their frail minds. Used to be that fairy tales talked about dismemberment, and other gruesome pains, but now it all needs to be safe. Not to mention that people who don't have/want kids get looked at weirdly like there's something wrong with them. Well, the world is already much too full, so excuse me if I don't want to add more to that problem.

Edited by Kassandra
  • Like 2

so this is the punishment for having cross play with XBONE and Switch and get name changing.

you give something just to remove another...... guess in the future Sony goes all in uncensored only to put insane micro transaction on their future games, then receive some heavy backlash and they'll remove them to only push PS Now as the only way to play digital games, then back off this idea as to make every free to play games required ps plus to play them include YouTube/Netflix/Twitch/Crunchiroll... heck! even PS Store will now gonna required a plus subscription to purchase stuff.

guess you can't have all nice things in one place, I really hope they'll back off at this censoring, why are they going this route? did the SJW got them??

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 3

Just a quick update:

The trophies for Vol. 0 also unlock as intended during an actual playthrough of Vol. 0. If you're playing through both volumes without ever entering Touch Mode, everything should be fine. You can technically still enter it by pressing L1 without any harm, but as soon as you press X over one of the girls, one of the Vol. 0 trophies will pop. And while testing on a guest account, I somehow even managed to unlock them completely out of order, so definitely watch out, before everything gets completely messed up. If you really want to try Touch Mode, obtain every single trophy first. Better safe than sorry.

Some other facts:

- The trophy list consists of 17 bronze trophies and two silver trophies, no gold.
- The 100% can be obtained in around 10-15 minutes, if you're just blasting through the game.
- A normal playthrough clocks in at about 4-6 hours.
- The PS4 and the Switch version have two things in common, at least in Japan: The rating (Cero C (15+)) and the price (1620 Yen).

And here's the complete trophy list: https://imgur.com/a/sftk9Mq

(Extra Scenario = Vol. 0)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Miku Maekawa said:

Just a quick update:

The trophies for Vol. 0 also unlock as intended during an actual playthrough of Vol. 0. If you're playing through both volumes without ever entering Touch Mode, everything should be fine. You can technically still enter it by pressing L1 without any harm, but as soon as you press X over one of the girls, one of the Vol. 0 trophies will pop. And while testing on a guest account, I somehow even managed to unlock them completely out of order, so definitely watch out, before everything gets completely messed up. If you really want to try Touch Mode, obtain every single trophy first. Better safe than sorry.

Some other facts:

- The trophy list consists of 17 bronze trophies and two silver trophies, no gold.
- The 100% can be obtained in around 10-15 minutes, if you're just blasting through the game.
- A normal playthrough clocks in at about 4-6 hours.
- The PS4 and the Switch version have two things in common, at least in Japan: The rating (Cero C (15+)) and the price (1620 Yen).

And here's the complete trophy list: https://imgur.com/a/sftk9Mq

(Extra Scenario = Vol. 0)

Thanks for the headsup. :)

In regards to the Touch mode glitch, assuming it's documented and multiple people experience it (pending a patch), it should be safe from flagging since the trophies were still obtained using a methid allowed by the game, even if it wasn't necessarily intended by the devs.

15 hours ago, Kassandra said:

Also yeah, the world revolves around children much more than it should, especially these days with their frail minds. Used to be that fairy tales talked about dismemberment, and other gruesome pains, but now it all needs to be safe. Not to mention that people who don't have/want kids get looked at weirdly like there's something wrong with them. Well, the world is already much too full, so excuse me if I don't want to add more to that problem.

Agree.  I don't have any kids & don't plan on it.  I have no desire to go through what it takes, nor raise one for 18+ years. I don't begrudge those who choose to have kids, but if someone started getting on me about that subject, saying "so when are you gonna have kids?" I'd tell them to shut up.  It's simply none of their damn business.

I've heard about the Brothers Grimm's fairy tales being definitely pulling no punches in the original form.  They should keep the uncut versions available. 

12 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

you give something just to remove another...... guess in the future Sony goes all in uncensored only to put insane micro transaction on their future games, then receive some heavy backlash and they'll remove them to only push PS Now as the only way to play digital games, then back off this idea as to make every free to play games required ps plus to play them include YouTube/Netflix/Twitch/Crunchiroll... heck! even PS Store will now gonna required a plus subscription to purchase stuff.

Even with their questionable actions lately, Sony would likely not be dumb enough to require a Plus subscription to buy games.  I don't use microtransactions unless they're for alternate character outfits or other cosmetics.  The ones for buying items or lootboxes I don't touch.

As for PSNow, I wish they would just dump it.  I've never bothered with it- I could imagine the input & video lags from playing a game on a remote system.

7 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Agree.  I don't have any kids & don't plan on it.  I have no desire to go through what it takes, nor raise one for 18+ years. I don't begrudge those who choose to have kids, but if someone started getting on me about that subject, saying "so when are you gonna have kids?" I'd tell them to shut up.  It's simply none of their damn business.

Me and my wife are in our early thirties so it's the time for us when that question is asked the most, and everyone else who isn't single seems to be making kids around us (or adopting one in a couple of instances).

But I have the perfect ammunition when people ask us when we'll start having kids, a joke I took from Jimmy Carr. Whenever people ask, I say "Well, we tried, but our doctor recently told us we can't have children... [pause for effect]

Spoiler

... With the way we're fucking."

I think it's a hilarious joke for a couple of reasons: 1) it ends up being a 'naughty' joke, which you don't expect in the beginning, 2) people don't realise I'm making a joke until I've finished the joke, 3) it shuts people up that dare think that the only reason that my wife and I don't have kids can be that we haven't started trying yet, 4) it creates a very uncomfortable silence before the punchline, and 5) everyone who has my sense of humour will be laughing in the end.

7 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

I've heard about the Brothers Grimm's fairy tales being definitely pulling no punches in the original form.  They should keep the uncut versions available. 

With how those stories were back then (and not only Grimm, but others, and centuries before them too), it's weird how many things get needlessly censored these days. I am rereading The Demonata Series right now, by Darren Shan. It supposedly is a horror series "for children" but, while it does have a fairly simple writing style, it does NOT hold back on the gore. As in, the first time the main character from the first book sees demons, it's when a demon is using the top half of the main character's sister's body as a hand puppet.

People are so full of themselves thinking they know what's best for a kid. I read Stephen King's It when I was about twelve, and I turned out fine. Stranger still, the librarian hesitated to rent out a King book to me because I might be too young, and when I was seventeen and tried to rent a children's book she asked if I wasn't too old for it. Just let me read whatever the hell I want, woman!

On 3.11.2018 at 9:42 AM, The Titan said:

YongYea needs to do a video on this. We have to spread the word. Online petitions isn't enough. 

I did see a bunch of youtubers make videos about it alreay (like Raging Golden Eagle) and i also shared infos on the ps4 communities i'm in aswell as a bunch of forums.

And i also got a bunch more to sign that petition from that one Marvelous developer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

People are so full of themselves thinking they know what's best for a kid. I read Stephen King's It when I was about twelve, and I turned out fine. Stranger still, the librarian hesitated to rent out a King book to me because I might be too young, and when I was seventeen and tried to rent a children's book she asked if I wasn't too old for it. Just let me read whatever the hell I want, woman!

I saw the movie It in a theater last year.  Good stuff.  Way better than the 1990s TV version which I saw a bit of several nights ago... not a bad attempt, but definitely censored.  This new one is more faithful.  When you see the clown's first kill, that is a real OMG moment. They didn't hold back when making this. I sure am looking forward to the 2nd part.

Librarians should butt out of whatever you want to read.  It's none of their damn business.

• 2 weeks later...