SE cancels 3 of 4 Story DLCs, Tabata Out

linkdevivo

It's kind of depressing to think that I'm sat here fist-pumping the cancelation of main series FF content. A decade ago when I was a proper FF fanboy and snaffling up every new spin-off or port I could, it seems unfathomable I'd be here celebrating the fact I can just delete the game after March.

I'm not denying DLC trophies play some part in this, but the fact largely remains that FF's soul died with Squaresoft :(

Edited by Darth_Krid

4 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

It's kind of depressing to think that I'm sat here fist-pumping the cancelation of main series FF content. A decade ago when I was a proper FF fanboy and snaffling up every new spin-off or port I could, it seems unfathomable I'd be here celebrating the fact I can just delete the game after March.

I'm not denying DLC trophies play some part in this, but the fact largely remains that FF's soul died with Squaresoft :(

Could say the same about star ocean dying with enix

1 hour ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

My god, info on this thread is all over the place. Few questions, please only answer those who are sure:

1- Can the Comrades portion be played from the start or not?

2- How long approximately would it take to get the likes of Let There Be Light and the trophies of the DLC Trophy Pack 7 playing with bots?

1. Yes.

2. 30-40 Hours.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Thanks!

After thinking it over again you’re probably looking more at the 40-50 hours range. That’s why I highly suggest to play online instead with bots. It makes it a lot easier and faster. And more fun...

7 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

After thinking it over again you’re probably looking more at the 40-50 hours range. That’s why I highly suggest to play online instead with bots. It makes it a lot easier and faster. And more fun...

Ok. I'll start it tonight. Thanks again. A little more than 1 month should be enough even with my limited playtime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

I really don't understand the salt of people celebrating in this thread. I mean by all means keep at it, as is your right, but i just personally don't understand it. Why so much hate towards a game that 100% was incomplete, but was still a masterpiece. More content for those people, like myself, who were invested in the story and the lore and wanted more stuff to play. If you think it's bad or an abomination or whatever then simply don't play it.

Because when I buy a game, I expect to have a story with a defined beginning, middle and end. I shouldn't have to watch a bloody two-hour movie before playing the game to understand anything going on, then have major story beats entirely skipped over during the game so that they can be sold later as part of not one, but TWO season passes.

And if XV was a masterpiece, then all the games between VI and X must have been literally shat out of God's golden arse. Holding circle to win (occasionally you can press triangle to spice it up if you want) is an atrocious battle system compared to the intricacies and strategy of the turn-based systems of old, or even the more real-time stuff of X-2 and XIII.

2 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Because when I buy a game, I expect to have a story with a defined beginning, middle and end. I shouldn't have to watch a bloody two-hour movie before playing the game to understand anything going on, then have major story beats entirely skipped over during the game so that they can be sold later as part of not one, but TWO season passes.

And if XV was a masterpiece, then all the games between VI and X must have been literally shat out of God's golden arse. Holding circle to win (occasionally you can press triangle to spice it up if you want) is an atrocious battle system compared to the intricacies and strategy of the turn-based systems of old, or even the more real-time stuff of X-2 and XIII.

I think linkdevivo kind of misspoke here. After all, the original "salt" of the thread was his opening rant (using his own words).

I do feel for him and other fans of this game. I know that when I'm looking forward to something, and it's canceled out of the blue, it's disappointing. But I think someone can both have sympathy for the people that lose out, and still celebrate the end of new content for a game that, even by fan's admission, was incomplete to begin with.

2 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

By the way, did they say anything about the compatibility of the Ardyn dlc with the Royal Edition? I really hope they don't make us pay for more dlc 

What do you honestly think?

Bend over and give me your wallet! Is what SE is telling you with this lol

43 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I think linkdevivo kind of misspoke here. After all, the original "salt" of the thread was his opening rant (using his own words).

Well my original "salt" was aimed at the company for failing to deliver on a promise, not at celebrating the disillusionment of thousands of fans that won't be able to play something they were invested in. But yeah, I started this thread yesterday and everything was fresh so I was very angry, today i'm more disappointed than angry.