All Animal Locations Guide for Zoologist & Skin Deep

GamingWithAbyss1

5 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

Seems like you are having a rough time on more than one topic xD

I think it's because he put thanks for your work though!, Making it sound a bit like thanks for making a video guide but it's not very useful but here's a link to a map that's better lol, Anyway thanks Abyss for the video guide just got Zoo and Skin trophy worked well for the most part just save and loaded and loaded and loaded until the animal i needed was there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I think it's because he put thanks for your work though!, Making it sound a bit like thanks for making a video guide but it's not very useful but here's a link to a map that's better lol, Anyway thanks Abyss for the video guide just got Zoo and Skin trophy worked well for the most part just save and loaded and loaded and loaded until the animal i needed was there.

Didn't know it could be interpreted like that, if so, I apologize, I just would thank him ;) 

Also, as I said, the map I shared is just a complement to this video to do 100% as this map doesn't show animals but collectibles, so to make it clear : "great video"

4 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Exactly how I felt when I read it. And using the save and load trick works great I've noticed lately. I have even close my games application and then restarted the game to have certain animals spawn where they normally are. It was helpful hunting down these perfect carcass for that it's art trophy. Especially for the opossum and American robin.

9 minutes ago, Rdysn5 said:

I'm having some trouble getting the Hereford Bull to appear in the location shown. The game is giving me Angus Bulls where the Hereford should be. I've had the same issue with other known spawn locations for the Hereford Bull. Does time of day matter for making the Hereford spawn?

I had to reload the game like 5 times in order to get the bull in the location. Just make a camp nearby and save. Then go look for bull and if its not there just dashboard and reload until you get it. Worked fine for me. Otherwise, there are other bull locations in the world other than the one on the video. 

Edited by Lithium_Lemon

Still looking for the Western Bull Moose. I’ve tried both Abyss and Lightspeed’s locations, along with the bait trick at Lake Cairn. Been about 10 hours on just this since it’s the last one I need. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or other locations? I’ve been doing a combination of leaving the area, sleeping, and reloading, usually in that order.

1 hour ago, Narniak said:

Do you need to "skin" all the legendary animals for that trophy?  It would be very odd for Rockstar to require you to do pretty mush everything else in the game 100% but not require more than 5 legendary animals for any trophy. 

No, the legendary animals aren't required.

4 hours ago, olivetheturtle said:

Still looking for the Western Bull Moose. I’ve tried both Abyss and Lightspeed’s locations, along with the bait trick at Lake Cairn. Been about 10 hours on just this since it’s the last one I need. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or other locations? I’ve been doing a combination of leaving the area, sleeping, and reloading, usually in that order.

The Western Bull Moose when you go to that top left corner of the map. Make it save their and reload it if it doesn't show up. If that doesn't work then close your games application and restart the game. That's how I was able to get it to respawn when I lost it

On 11/15/2018 at 0:18 PM, Narniak said:

Do you need to "skin" all the legendary animals for that trophy?  It would be very odd for Rockstar to require you to do pretty mush everything else in the game 100% but not require more than 5 legendary animals for any trophy. 

Can confirm legendary animals are needed for skin deep, but not zoologist. Myself and others have been getting weird legendary animal glitches. My bullgator spawned in dead so in my compendium I have 0 killed and 1 skinned. Others have been having similar issues where the animal disappears before they can skin it. I’m at 97% on skin deep so hoping the last few legendaries don’t screw me over!

edit: I am wrong. Legendary animals are NOT required for Skin Deep. Looks like I've had my skinning glitch out again. I have had this happen thrice now-- I saved the game exactly when my compendium updated and it doesn't mark the animal as being skinned but leaves the animal on the ground skinned so you can't skin it again. I had this happen with the bullgator, the beaver, and an owl. Don't save the game as you are  skinning!

Edited by olivetheturtle

2 hours ago, olivetheturtle said:

Can confirm legendary animals are needed for skin deep

If that's true then I certainly need to update my compendium helper. Thanks for posting this.

I'm assuming this applies to all 16 legendary animals?

edit. Actually, I don't think they are required. I remember checking @EphemeralEcho's compendium and he had both trophies but he was still missing about 4 or 5 legendary animals. Also, just noticed that your post directly contradicts @Feral's post.

Edited by HusKyCode

3 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

If that's true then I certainly need to update my compendium helper. Thanks for posting this.

edit. Actually, I don't think they are required. I remember checking @EphemeralEcho's compendium and he had both trophies but he was still missing about 4 or 5 legendary animals. Also, just noticed that your post directly contradicts @Feral's post.

I did not get the last legendary animal because it required the challenge to be completed.

34 minutes ago, A_B_Y_S_S_1 said:

I did not get the last legendary animal because it required the challenge to be completed.

I started digging through compendium website and I found this (in the source code):

- there are 91 skinnable animals

- 16 are legendary

- 4 are Guarma only (4 snakes)

--> that means there's a total of 71 animals player needs to skin

My current percentage is 69% for Skin Deep and I'm missing 22 animals (out of 71 relevant):

100 / 71 * 22 = 30,985915493

The math checks out. Legendary animals are not required for Skin Deep.

• Like 3

I got both trophies without 9 legendary animals, so it has been confirmed since long that they aren't needed

3 hours ago, Rdysn5 said:

What is the exact method people use to get animals to spawn? I can't get the panther to spawn. I have been closing the game and reloading. I usually run around for about a minute and if the panther isn't there I reload again. Are you supposed to camp in between each attempt? 

Do this

1. Find Panther

2a. If wrong panther, let it kill you or load autosave 

3a. After respawn it will still be in the jungle

2b. If correct panther, study/kill

3b. Run away far from the area and sleep until morning (autosaves)

3c. Load your autosave

3d. Go back to the area and it should spawn

3e. If no spawn, drown yourself to reset the panther corpse. Check if spawned

Edited by Erkawest

On 11/16/2018 at 6:53 AM, HusKyCode said:

My compendium is complete except for legendary animals and I do not have Skin Deep. I’ll post screenshots as proof. 

I am wrong. Looks like I've had my skinning glitch out again. I have had this happen thrice now-- I saved the game exactly when my compendium updated and it doesn't mark the animal as being skinned but leaves the animal on the ground skinned so you can't skin it again. I had this happen with the bullgator, the beaver, and an owl. Don't save the game as you are  skinning!

Edited by olivetheturtle

I’ve done both trophies now, fyi I earned them both at 172 in the compendium , I did manage to get all 3 of the parrots in Guarma but I’m missing the Booby, and all 4 Snakes and the trophy does still pop, the Siberian Husky is at the place where you get the tools in the epilogue, and the Donkey can be found in the east side of Rhodes, the Carolina Parakeet was a pain but there’s also a side mission linked to them when you find them, my last to study and skin was the Black Tailled Rattlesnake, yea the bull Moose was a pain too, also found where you guys showed, and the Florida Panther and Coastal Owl were pains, YouTube their locations if you have the same trouble with these animals, good luck zoologists 

On 17 November 2018 at 2:57 AM, HusKyCode said:

I started digging through compendium website and I found this (in the source code):

- there are 91 skinnable animals

- 16 are legendary

- 4 are Guarma only (4 snakes)

--> that means there's a total of 71 animals player needs to skin

My current percentage is 69% for Skin Deep and I'm missing 22 animals (out of 71 relevant):

100 / 71 * 22 = 30,985915493

The math checks out. Legendary animals are not required for Skin Deep.

Well glad to know I'm not full of shit when I said they aren't needed lol.

• Like 1

That’s correct bunkerbudy, it’s just story relevant, in fact the island itself is (I believe) coded that it can’t be explored, so even if you wanted to roam around you can’t, when you reach a certain point the army kill you almost instantly, they keep respawning as well, I tried to explore for those native animals but the game literally wouldn’t let me, and the snakes were so stubborn not to spawn behind the camp that I just left them, all that time farming 4 snakes and a booby just isn’t worth it unless your ocd levels are so high you want to 100% the animals in the compendium lol

1 hour ago, Shmeefly said:

That’s correct bunkerbudy, it’s just story relevant, in fact the island itself is (I believe) coded that it can’t be explored, so even if you wanted to roam around you can’t, when you reach a certain point the army kill you almost instantly, they keep respawning as well, I tried to explore for those native animals but the game literally wouldn’t let me, and the snakes were so stubborn not to spawn behind the camp that I just left them, all that time farming 4 snakes and a booby just isn’t worth it unless your ocd levels are so high you want to 100% the animals in the compendium lol

K, thx I am in Chapter 6 by now. I skipt exploring the Island and animals. Normaly my OCD is prity high, but this game is big enough as it is, that I just cant keep bothering doing everything.

I found this a weird chapter tbh, also not that fun, for me at least. I just hope I did not skip anything. But probably not, cuz it has no side story missions except some new Stranger Strands neer the end, but those are not realy that important. Its the Animals and Honor missions I am worried about, but there does not seem to be any honor missions up unil CH 6 and the animals dont count, so I guess I'm good.