Have Sony forgotten the Vita?

Nasty_Rory

I was looking for movies on Sony Entertainment Network and noted that they didnt even remember that they make the greatest handheld console ever...

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/gb-en/video-unlimited/

Video Unlimited. Watch movies anytime, at home or on-the-go

Stream movies from every major studio

Variety of blockbusters, all-time favourite classics, plus free trailers & previews.

Buy or rent, in SD or HD.

View on your PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), BRAVIA®, PlayStation®3, PC, Sony tablets and more.

No trips to the store, late fees, or monthly subscriptions.

So sad.

Given that the main focus appears to be utilizing it as a PS4 controller on the go, it's safe to say that it's taken the back seat.

They will keep putting out stuff for it, but a majority of it would consist of various ports, franchise cash-ins, and a great deal more of Japanese titles that will never been seen (and often judged as "stupid") by the Western crowds.

PSP games are selling better now on the VITA I think ... If they could implement trophy support for those games they would sell even more.

Give the Vita some time, in the longrun it will prove to be a succes.

With Sony announcing that almost every PS4 game will require remote play, I'd say the Vita is not forgotten. I think right now, the PS4 is the main focus, as it should be. And once the PS4 is released and proven to be the beast that it is, we'll see a big push with the Vita to back it up.