Don't pay 100 dollars for this game and get it cheap

Hiten_Shah

Guys the game is at 

$113 australian dollars in New Zealand ps store

$93 for Australia ps store

And $50(£29) and $51 in the UK and India

So ppl from NZ and Australia don't buy this game rather create a British account and set that as your primary account and then buy the game from the British account for 50 bucks and then switch to the account you play and enjoy

I think u can get PSN wallet cards in pounds to buy the game from Amazon or any online place 

The game is good for $19.99 but it's still fine if it's $40 American dollars but paying more than that is criminal for this game when we pay only $60 dollars for red dead redemption 2 lmao 

I hope it works for you guys and the Platinum looks easy and there are no online trophies

I think only the 1500 wickets will be grindy

• Like 1

Nah mate I don't think so ,if that's the case they would have to refund a lot of people that already bought the game 

I think that Australia is their primary market and now the big bash season will start so maybe Cricket Australia had a say in about deciding the price of the product 

Yeah it's really unfortunate and no parent in the right mind will allow their kids to get this game for $100 ?

I hope ppl that haven't bought the game can use the above trick and save their money 

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

IMHO this HAS to be typing mistake in Australian Store.
In US it is $29.99. In AUS it is $92.95 - Shall be $29.95.

It should be more, just due to the exchange rate. Strange stuff.

1 hour ago, Hiten_Shah said:

Nah mate I don't think so ,if that's the case they would have to refund a lot of people that already bought the game 

Are there Australians who bought the game at this price? Your continent is well known for solid monetary and fiscal policy, and that's NOT very solid. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Are there Australians who bought the game at this price? Your continent is well known for solid monetary and fiscal policy, and that's NOT very solid. :D

Hahaha a couple of my friends and 4 YouTubers already have this ???

43 minutes ago, Conker said:

Yeah i hope no-one in Australia buys it at that price, game looks like it was designed for mobile xD defo not worth more then $20

Ya it's really sad and thank God that there are no micro transactions in this game

Imo it would have sold a lot for the price of $19.99 I think this is definitely a missed opportunity on their part 

41 minutes ago, Arifii93 said:

You would have to either be a die hard fan of the Big Bash or a moron to buy a Big ant game day one at that price,

Haha yeah ??? 

I specially feel bad for People of New Zealand and Australia as only few days back on black Friday there was a sale on Xbox one and PS4 for $199 haha what a rip off by big ?

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Haha if it becomes more than that then I am sure people would boycott the game and not long back during black Friday sale we were getting Xbox one and PS4 consoles at $199 lol I wouldn't even pay so much money for the masterpiece such as red Dead redemption 2 ??

3 minutes ago, SirPigFace said:

dont buy any games at that price anyway just wait a few month and get it on a sale ? these game companies have been ripping people off for the last few years with Gold Editions and Ultimate Editions and most of the games are unfinished

Yeah it's so sad 

Mostly bigant games only go on sale after a year of release 

Ashes Cricket was on sale 2 weeks ago so I don't even think it's worth to wait 1 year for this game when you know they will probably release ashes cricket 19 or a new game such as world cup 19 or something like that ??

33 minutes ago, Smashero said:

@Hiten_Shah

Ok, I think I have to restate my previous opinion ;).

https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-244343-Big-Bash-Boom-PlayStation-4
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Bash-Boom-PS4-Game-Brand-New-Pre-Order/263974515535

This price is a clear madness in compare to US store...

Yep it's insane 

It's 93 dollar check this out 

https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP4249-CUSA13210_00-BIGBASHBOOM00000

And USA version is the cheapest ?

*29.99 USD = 41.14 AUD*

so bigant is changing $93 AUD and $113 AUD in Australia and New Zealand while they are selling it for $41 AUD in America

lol big ant is screwing their main market ???

31 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I might have to take my preorder back into EB games while under the 7 day return for full store credit and buy this from the NA store digital. Paid $89 for this through EB.

Yeah exactly

When I wrote this thread the game wasn't available in  NA region 

Well it turns out it's the cheapest in that region and for $29.99 USD it's a great price for this game 

Would have loved $19.99 USD  but $29.99 is a steal when the game is over 100 aud in New Zealand region and 93 bucks for Australia

I think the developers thought they will get away with releasing games at different prices and probably thought we are stupid enough to buy in our own regions ??

Lmao when the same game is available at a cheaper rate ofcourse we will buy it from that region and paying with PSN top up cards is also very easy 

This is why I very rarely buy anything Day one any more.... the good old "Australia Tax" is applied to nearly everything these days..... be nice if they used lube once in a while, lol

Just checked- $39.99 in the Canadian Store, exchange rate is 1 Canadian dollar = 1.03 Australian atm

Edited by damage_6-9
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:

This is why I very rarely buy anything Day one any more.... the good old "Australia Tax" is applied to nearly everything these days..... be nice if they used lube once in a while, lol

Just checked- $39.99 in the Canadian Store, exchange rate is 1 Canadian dollar = 1.03 Australian atm

That is disgusting price gouging, and for their local market no less. 

Best someone can do is contact any social media outlets they use and let them know people aren't going to tolerate that price for such a low budget and content game. 

• Like 2

I don't follow any sports, but

I love NBA Jam's arcade style

I know how cricket works enough to pickup a game

I thought the idea of putting the two together was genius

But Big Ant are absolute shit, every time. Even I know this.

The price, I saw it in EB and thought it ridiculous but figured digital would have to be a reasonable price. Nope.

I'll see you on the Switch eShop when you hit 20 or so, until then, waddle off, duckwit (it's wordplay!)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

Yeah it's really unfortunate and unfair for the people of Australia and I hope everyone from Australia buys the game fromr NA region ??

5 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

That is disgusting price gouging, and for their local market no less. 

Best someone can do is contact any social media outlets they use and let them know people aren't going to tolerate that price for such a low budget and content game. 

Yeah ikr! Some action should be taken 

I am sure some stubborn kids would have forced their parents to buy the game in Australia ?

5 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I don't follow any sports, but

I love NBA Jam's arcade style

I know how cricket works enough to pickup a game

I thought the idea of putting the two together was genius

But Big Ant are absolute shit, every time. Even I know this.

The price, I saw it in EB and thought it ridiculous but figured digital would have to be a reasonable price. Nope.

I'll see you on the Switch eShop when you hit 20 or so, until then, waddle off, duckwit (it's wordplay!)

Ya it's sad 

Love this NBA jam games too but they were always fairly priced

Edited by Hiten_Shah

The current exchange rate of 1 Australian Dollar is 1.06 New Zealand Dollars. This means 83 AUD (the price listing for this game on the AU PS Store) should equate to 88.32 NZD. But who honestly thought it'd be a good idea to charge Aussies $83 (an unjustified price knowing what you're getting with that much money) but New Zealanders $112?

694.png

Whoever commissioned this decision deserves to lose their job!

There's a serious problem regarding companies complete ignorance of exchange rates between different currencies so if you're going to price a game at let's say 45 US Dollars, there's no reason for you not to pay close attention to the many currency exchange rates (USD to *insert currency here*) and price your games in accordance to the (average) equations of the many currencies used by the countries you're going to distribute the game to.

So you're saying Americans think 60 Dollars for a AAA release is expensive? In Australia, virtually every game selling for that price in the United States is sold for $100 Down Under. On November 29th (this year) 60 USD is 82.01 Australian. If you think about it, we (Australians) have been overcharged for years over the US by 18 Australian Dollars. Knowing this makes sense to me when people say "just buy your games from America". So when someone from the US says "Red Dead Redemption 2 is a highway robbery at $60, Imma wait for a sale!", you should be very lucky that YOU you're not the one being ripped off constantly.