Bingo Bonanza 2020

21 minutes ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

No I haven't and I also don't own any of the games. I don't have any money to spare so I would need a game recommend which I already own, which includes a lot of games but that isn't one of them :P What other games are your favourites? I must own at least one xD 

While its not Yakuza 0 you should play Yakuza Kiwami. It was a PS plus game a few months ago and 0 is just a prelude anyways so its not needed before the first game of the series. 

As for another event you could do Monthly Madness or 10 things i hate about games. the first one is currently any ps plus game so it is easy to do. second one has some easy options as well for a game

Edited by Ampplaca
  • Like 1

Just now, Ampplaca said:

0 is just a prelude anyways so its not needed before the first game of the series.

Ehh I disagree. Yes Kiwami was free, but playing 0 first adds a lot to Kiwami. Getting to know the main characters especially. It's also just a lot better.

• Like 2

Just now, OhDearGodRun said:

Ehh I disagree. Yes Kiwami was free, but playing 0 first adds a lot to Kiwami. Getting to know the main characters especially. It's also just a lot better.

oh it does help for sure but its not needed. 0 was made after the first 5 games were already released. I do think 0 is better but if they currently dont have the money, Kiwami is still a great option

• Like 1

@Intoner_Zero... if you're looking for a racing game with a story mode, the Need for Speed Franchise is a good start. I played NfS Shift 2 (one my favorite racing game of all times) and Need for Speed (2015), both have cutscenes to tell a story.

But more racing games have a career mode with a bit story (mostly talking people): NfS Most Wanted, Grid 2 or Dirt 3

• Like 1

So, I'm starting with the "Redeemed from PS Plus" game which is Rime. Already halfway the second level (the game has a total of five). I also started on the 31st Freedom Wars on my Vita, which doesn't have an assigned category yet, It could fit the "Platform Exclusive", since it's a Vita-only game, taking the place of Bound, or even "Cooperative Game", since you can do co-op missions with other players. Will decided about that later on.

5 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

I’m not familiar with this game. If the Vita version has the online features in the game, it counts even if it doesn’t have the online trophy on its list. Hope that helps.

It does not. I platted the Vita version last year. Online features of the PS3 version were completely cut, I'd say it ain't a valid option @dein-the-dragoon .  To be fair, the game is absolute garbage, due to being riddled with crashes, characters getting stuck or falling through the environment. It's a buggy mess really.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

2 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It does not. I platted the Vita version last year. Online features of the PS3 version were completely cut, I'd say it ain't a valid option @dein-the-dragoon .  To be fair, the game is absolute garbage, due to being riddled with crashes, characters getting stuck or falling through the environment. It's a buggy mess really.

Now that that's out of the way, there comes something different to my mind: When it comes down to online features, they're probably gonna get shutted down at a certain point. Can I use these games as well for this square?

Just now, dein-the-dragoon said:

Now that that's out of the way, there comes something different to my mind: When it comes down to online features, they're probably gonna get shutted down at a certain point. Can I use these games as well for this square?

I think you actually need to at least experience the online feature for it to count. So games that already have shutdown the online portion for whatever reason are probably not available for that category.  Maybe @XX_FTW can confirm, if that's the case

• Like 1

Alright, made a rough game-list-edit to fit the bingo card.

Both N1 and N3 are empty, since I can put absolutely whatever in them; pretty confident in the rest of my selection, at least.

Headlander was the last game at the moment of the bingo card's generation.

Spoiler

c50f5271d68bbf455faa9f80319f4ae3.png

Empty bingo card for comparison:

Spoiler

5bc762edd44b3ccedf4740d191fdaae6.png

• Like 1

Locking in my first game.

G3 - Award-Winning: Ghost Recon Wildlands (finished the main story)

Still want to get the plat in this one, which can still take a while due to the obscene amount of resource farming needed. Also still have to do the 2 online trophies, and that should be it for the most part.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

So I've figured out most of my games besides two, can anyone help with recommending me a game and what to do for another PSNP event? ^_^ 

B1 - With a Minigame in it: Final Fantasy IX

B2 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Bloodborne

B3 -That Everyone but you has played: Resident Evil 7

B4 - Starts with the first letter in your PSNID: Life is Strange: Before the Storm

B5 - Ultra Rare Platinum: Dragon Ball Xenoverse or Resident Evil Revelations 2

I1 - Retro re release (originally on console without trophies): Beyond Good and Evil

I2 - That you started but didn't finish: Mini Ninjas

I3 - Arcade, Rhythm or puzzle: Persona 4: Dancing all night

I4 - Adventure: Until Dawn

I5 - Play as an antihero or bad guy: Fairy Fencer F: Dark Advert Force

N1 - One word title: Borderlands

N2 - Last game you acquired: Muv-Luv

N3 - Player's choice: Rogue Galaxy

N4 - With online features: Freedom Wars

N5 - With a # or punctuation mark in the title: Dragon Quest XI

G1 - DLC pack or standalone DLC: Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept

G2 - That gives you the feels: Danganronpa V3

G3 - For another PSNP event: Slime Rancher or Mind Zero (10 things I hate about gaming)

G4 - Recommended by a PSNP member: Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, Recommended (kinda) by @OhDearGodRun

G5 - In a series new to you: Tales of Graces f

O1 - Award Winning: Resident Evil 4 or Persona 5

O2 - Cult favourite: Dark Souls 

O3 - Historical fiction or Mythology: Nioh or God of War 4

O4 - Strategy, simulation or management: Bridge Constructor Portal

O5 - With a female protagonist: Horizon Zero Dawn

I'm also going to recomend Zero Escape: The Nonary Games. I played it last month and enjoyed every minute with it. I want to start Zero Time Dilema pretty soon.

• Like 1

Cool, I'd like to join

Bingo card:

Bingo Card

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

Link card:

After some thinking here is my list.

Spoiler

B1 With an Isometric View: Yomawari: Night Alone.
B2 Historical Fiction or Mythology: God of War.
B3 For Another PSNP Event: TBD.
B4 Starts with the first Letter in your PSNID: Nights of Azure.
B5 Strategy, Simulation, or Managament: Makai Senki Disugaia 3 Return.

I1 Platform Eclusive: Persona 4 the Golden.
I2 Anthropomorphized Animals: TBD.
I3 Released the Year You Joined PSNP: Tales of Vesperia Remaster.
I4 That takes "Forever" to beat: Persona 5.
I5 With online features: TBD.

N1 Developed In a Foreign Country: TBD.
N2 With a # Or a punctuation Mark in the title: htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary.
N3 Player's Choice: TBD.
N4 Featuring a Romance or Romance options: Flowers.
N5 Cooperative Game: TBD.

G1 Favorite genre: (JRPG) Tales of Berseria.
G2 Based on a Non-gaming IP: TBD.
G3 With a Mystery or Detective themes: Danganronpa 1-2 Reload.
G4 Metroidvania or Rougue-like: Axiom Verge.
G5 DLC Pack or Standalone DLC: Marvel's Spider-Man: The Heist.

O1 Cult Favorite: TBD.
O2 With player-operated Vehicles: TBD.
O3 Racing or Sports: TBD.
O4 Adventure: Steins;Gate.
O5 Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes: Eiyuu Densetsu Sora no Kiseki SC Evolution.

Edited by Nyariu
Add bingo card, one box cleared

29 minutes ago, Nyariu said:

Just a question what needs a game to be considered a take "forever" to beat?

Personally, I'd say anything over 80+ hours takes 'forever' to beat.  I'm 86 hours into FFXIII right now and almost done (maybe around 5-8 hours) and it certainly feels like forever.  Of course, the fact that it's FFXIII might have something to do with that...

If you wanted to take it a step further, you could to a MMORPG, those really do take forever, but that is the path of madness.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Helmet_time said:

Personally, I'd say anything over 80+ hours takes 'forever' to beat.  I'm 86 hours into FFXIII right now and almost done (maybe around 5-8 hours) and it certainly feels like forever.  Of course, the fact that it's FFXIII might have something to do with that...

If you wanted to take it a step further, you could to a MMORPG, those really do take forever, but that is the path of madness.  

Thanks, I guess P5 its a good choice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

What does "Metroidvania/Rogue-like" mean as it pertains to games?

Metroidvania is a genre that refers to games that are like Castlevania or Metroid games.  Pretty much it involves exploring an area where you progress by finding items that grant powers that allow you to go to stuff you couldn't before.  Like you'll run into a door placed too high and you need to find a double jump ability to be able to reach the door.  Obviously Castlevania games would be the most famous ones, but the genre has a ton of games based on the same premise of exploration.  The games are usually overall a mix of action RPG with some platforming elements, but the main defining element is the exploration aspects.

Rogue-likes are a specific type of RPG where you go into an area and each movement you make is a turn and enemies also move with your turns.  Typically you start a dungeon at level 1 and with no gear and have to find gear in the dungeon to use and you can't save until you complete it.  If you die, you lose everything.  The games also typically have randomly generated dungeons so the experience is different every run and it is somewhat luck based.  Examples I can think of offhand are Rogue Legacy and Sorcery Saga.  Final Fantasy X-2 also has a part that is a rogue-like and that might be enough for that game to count for it.  Rogue-likes do tend to be pretty hard games, so you probably would be better off playing a Metroidvania.

49 minutes ago, Nyariu said:

Cool, I'd like to join

Bingo card:

Just a question what needs a game to be considered a take "forever" to beat?

@XX_FTW  . mentioned it depends on your personal situation. If you play 10 hours a week something like a 100 hours RPG will be nearly impossible, even a 20+ hours game might fit in that case. I personally play a lot and chose Monster Hunter World which story mode needs maybe 50 hours but time to plat is 200+ hours :/

What I can say for sure is, that I've completed I3 today with Paint Park Plus. So, my list now looks like this:

Spoiler

B1: Peripheral-Based

B2: Last Game you Acquired

B3: That Gives you the Feels

B4: Ultra Rare Platinum

B5: Strategy, Simulation or Management

I1: Platform exclusive

I2: With online features

I3: That You can beat in one sitting - Paint Park Plus

I4: You think you will dislike

I5: Award-Winning

N1: Metroidvania or Rogue-like

N2: Oldest in your backlog

N3: Player's choice (static field)

N4: Released the year you joined PSNP

N5: Historical fiction or mythology

G1: Based on a non-gaming IP

G2: Featuring Romance or Romance options

G3: Starts with the first letter in your PSNID

G4: Redeemed from PS Plus

G5: For another PSNP Event

O1: By an independent developer

O2: Recommended by a PSNP member

O3: Cult Favorite

O4: With Mystery or Detective Themes - Spy Chameleon

O5: Anthropomorphized animals

• Like 1

So I updated my list, and added my first completed game Word Search by POWGI for I5 Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle which I popped the platinum for a few hours after the event opened! I also added some titles to my list, but I am more than open to suggestions!

Spoiler

JgSET6H.png

B1 Anti-Hero or Bad Guy

B2 Peripheral Based

B3 Historical Fiction or Mythology: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

B4 Takes Forever to BeatFinal Fantasy XII

B5 Adventure: Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 2

I1 Been Meaning to Get To: Wolfenstein: The New Order

I2 Platform Exclusive

I3 Metroidvania or Rogue Like

I4 Ultra Rare Platinum: Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator

I5 Arcade/Rhythm/Puzzle: Word Search by POWGI ☑️:platinum:

N1 Last Game Acquired: Shadow of Mordor

N2 Developed in a Foreign Country: Kingdom Hearts III

N3 Player's Choice: World to the West

N4 DLC PackMarvel's Spider-Man DLC

N5 Favorite Genre

G1 Online Features

G2 Female Protagonist

G3 Starts with First Letter of PSN ID

G4 With Gorgeous Vistas

G5 Cult Favorite: Night in the Woods

O1 Reboot or Spiritual Successor

O2 SciFi or Fantasy Themes: Shadow of War

O3 Player Choice or Multiple Endings

O4 Started But Didn't Finish: World of Final Fantasy (Vita)

O5 Recommended: Fallout 4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Metroidvania is a genre that refers to games that are like Castlevania or Metroid games.  Pretty much it involves exploring an area where you progress by finding items that grant powers that allow you to go to stuff you couldn't before.  Like you'll run into a door placed too high and you need to find a double jump ability to be able to reach the door.  Obviously Castlevania games would be the most famous ones, but the genre has a ton of games based on the same premise of exploration.  The games are usually overall a mix of action RPG with some platforming elements, but the main defining element is the exploration aspects.

Rogue-likes are a specific type of RPG where you go into an area and each movement you make is a turn and enemies also move with your turns.  Typically you start a dungeon at level 1 and with no gear and have to find gear in the dungeon to use and you can't save until you complete it.  If you die, you lose everything.  The games also typically have randomly generated dungeons so the experience is different every run and it is somewhat luck based.  Examples I can think of offhand are Rogue Legacy and Sorcery Saga.  Final Fantasy X-2 also has a part that is a rogue-like and that might be enough for that game to count for it.  Rogue-likes do tend to be pretty hard games, so you probably would be better off playing a Metroidvania.

Thanks for that description. That may be one I skip as I don't have an interest in those types of games.

9 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I think you actually need to at least experience the online feature for it to count. So games that already have shutdown the online portion for whatever reason are probably not available for that category.  Maybe @XX_FTW can confirm, if that's the case

Wow, you guys are definitely getting me with questions I hadn't considered lately. For this category... I think @voodoo_eyes is right: the online feature should still be available.

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

@XX_FTW  . mentioned it depends on your personal situation. If you play 10 hours a week something like a 100 hours RPG will be nearly impossible, even a 20+ hours game might fit in that case. I personally play a lot and chose Monster Hunter World which story mode needs maybe 50 hours but time to plat is 200+ hours :/

Yes, @Evil_Joker88's application of the principle is apt. Whatever "forever" is for you.