Bingo Bonanza 2020

Wanna ask the general consensus here a question. Trying to find a game for Strategy, Simulation, or Managment. Those last two categories are really anything I play so I’m not sure what they entail but I recently got the Shenmue collection off eBay for like 10 bucks. I’ve never played them but I know a lot of that game is just walking around wasting time. Is that a life simulator? Do you think that counts?

Finally got an update with my 25th platinum:

checkoff8.png

Starts with the first letter in your PSNP ID: Spyro's name start with the same letter as my handle(though I may wish to take part in the move to change bad PSN names since I deleted Super Smash Bros and have decided to boycott fighting games forever :() and I had to get this platinum as my 25th, burning the midnight oil. I platinumed My Brother Rabbit for my 24th platinum trophy just to get it of fthe PS4. Been busy with Kingdom Hearts prepping for my platinum run of KH3 when March rolls around.

6 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Wanna ask the general consensus here a question. Trying to find a game for Strategy, Simulation, or Managment. Those last two categories are really anything I play so I’m not sure what they entail but I recently got the Shenmue collection off eBay for like 10 bucks. I’ve never played them but I know a lot of that game is just walking around wasting time. Is that a life simulator? Do you think that counts?

It's supposed to be an adventure game. Don't know what the creators thought when they made it, though. :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I'm not familiar with Shenmue, but can help with covering what simulation and management games are.  All three of those categories have a bunch of overlap actually.

Simulation games are ones where you simulate something.  They can be stuff like flight simulators (think Ace Combat), or more traditional simulators like Sim City or the Sims.  Some sports games may also qualify since you simulate being a coach or manager for a sports team with those.  Simulation actually has a genre tag on PSNP, so you could try searching that for a starting point.

Management games are going to be similar to simulations, but they tend to focus more on managing something.  Often this will be something like resources or time.  You might want to look into time management games, those are nice casual games that are probably the easiest choice among these genres since a lot of these games are major time sinks.  The Gnome's Garden games are the only time management games I'm aware of having made it to PSN, but there's a lot of choices on Steam.  The Ateiler games also likely would qualify here, especially the earlier ones where you had limits on time and have to gather essential resources within a set time frame to accomplish the goals.

I'll update my bingo board proper later but I have two to add to it.  As of now my board is as follows:

N1 - Arcade, Rhythm or Puzzle - Amplitude
N4 - Started But Never Finished - Final Fantasy X-2
N5 - Developed in a Foreign Country - Superhot (Poland)

G1 - Player controlled Vehicle - Kingdom Hearts 2
G5 - Hype - Kingdom Hearts 3

Man, am I even trying to get a bingo?!? Lol. I am literally just circling around my card! Haha. I just crossed out "Oldest in your backlog" with Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue. Never understood if this meant like oldest as in the release date of the game or the oldest as in it has been sitting in the backlog for ages. Either way, I'm not going to go through all my games to find out either of these 2 things. I can say though, that this game has been sitting in the backlog for 4 years, and I can't think of any other games that have done that so we are rolling with this.

RALy0ev.png

I feel like I'm pretty much double-posting everything since many of these are going to other events, but to keep this short and concise. Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue is a great, small little game by EA prior to them becoming the multiplayer tycoon they are known for now. You'll probably never see it on sale (because PS3 games have been abandoned), but if you still have your PS3 and see this go on sale, it's worth the 5-8 hour adventure. You'll get some good laughs out of it. Especially, if you are a fan of Ratchet and Clank.

I'm tired of repeating the same games over again, but this game goes under O5.

I would like to join this event. Here is an image of my bingo card:

Bingo Bonanza 2019 Gaming Event by garciafever

B1 - Adventure - Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

B2 - Platform Exclusive - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

B3 - Recommended by PSNP Member - Nier Automata

B4 - Metroidvania - Touhou Double Focus

B5 - Redeemed from PS Plus - Resogun (PS4)

I1 - That you've been meaning to get to - Tekken 7

I2 - Favourite Genre (RPG) - Mary Skelter: Nightmares

I3 - That takes forever to beat - Mugen Souls

I4 - Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy - Jump Force

I5 - Cult Favourite - South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4)

N1 - One word title - flOw (PS4)

N2 - Starts with the first letter in your PSN ID - God of War (2018)

N3 - Player's Choice - Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal

N4 - Oldest in your backlog - Fallout 3

N5 - Ultra Rare Platinum - Dragon Ball FighterZ

G1 - With Player-operated vehicles - Rocket League

G2 - Hype! - Kingdom Hearts 3

G3 - DLC Pack or Standalone Pack - Asura's Wrath (DLC Trophy Pack 1 and 2)

G4 - With Gorgeous Vistas - CLANNAD

G5 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Life is Strange: Before the Storm

O1 - With online features - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS4)

O2 - In a series new to you - Marvel's Spider-Man

O3 - By an Independent Developer - Castle Crashers (PS4)

O4 - With an Isometric View - Riddled Corpses Ex (PS4)

O5 - For Another PSNP Event - My Hero One's Justice

@XX_FTW I have a couple of questions:

1) Does "oldest game in your backlog mean the oldest game released that you have, or the oldest game in your backlog that you haven't touched in a long time?

2) Does "in a series new to you" mean a game from a series that I have never played before, or a game from a genre in which I have never played before?

3 )Does "player-operated vehicles" mean that you control a character and said character can jump into a car like in the Grand Theft Auto series, or is it something like Rocket League, where it is not entirely a racing game?

4) I don't know what "with gorgeous Vistas" means.

5) I don't know what "Isometric View" means.

Lastly, can anyone recommend me a game for this event please?

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 1

Well, I guess I'm officially doubling up this weekend! Journey is now 100%ed. Big thanks to my friend Hyperfusion0 for helping me out. His trophy glitched on him and felt bad so I decided to play through it again with him! He called me the "Best Companion Ever" which honestly, warms my heart and made the extra 45 minutes of playing totally worth it for that kind of compliment! 

Anyways, I'm chalking this up as "Cooperative game." I could have put this under "One word title" and keep with the going on the outside and work my way in, but I'm not sure what other games I have that qualify for this category, so it's better I just insert Journey here. G2 is marked off!

5kcPd5Y.png

48 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

1) Does "oldest game in your backlog mean the oldest game released that you have, or the oldest game in your backlog that you haven't touched in a long time?

2) Does "in a series new to you" mean a game from a series that I have never played before, or a game from a genre in which I have never played before?

3 )Does "player-operated vehicles" mean that you control a character and said character can jump into a car like in the Grand Theft Auto series, or is it something like Rocket League, where it is not entirely a racing game?

1. I wondered the exact same thing in my post before this one. lol. I think it means the one that has been sitting there the longest as looking at the release dates would be a literal pita.

2. "A series new to you" would be like me playing one of the Naruto Ninja Storm games for the first time on my profile. I've never played it before on my profile and the series is new to me. Therefore, it goes under this category. Genre doesn't matter here.

3. It just simply means a game where you (the player) have to operate a vehicle, so either one of your examples work. It doesn't have to be a racing game. I used a CoD game for this space! :P

4. Gorgeous Vistas means that the game has an beautiful environment such as Journey, Hollow Knight, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier Automata, etc. It's kind of a "your opinion" sort of space. No one can really disagree with your opinion and say it doesn't count.

5. Isometric view is a specific viewpoint that is angled out and looks down on the character. The only examples I can really give here would be a Disgaea game or Rainbow moon. I guess Reverie or Swords of Ditto would count as well. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this space!

I recommend Nier Automata. The world, gameplay, and story are fantastic. It's also pretty trophy hunter friendly as you can literally buy missing trophies from a vendor in the game after beating the game. It's great if you find it to much of a pain to do a butt-load of requests or missed one of the very few missable trophies. This is why the game is sitting at a 30% rarity instead of 10%.

Hope I was able to help!!!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Gorgeous vistas means beautiful scenery or landscape. Generally an open world game but it doesn't have to be. Games I've played that were like that are Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Final Fantasy XV.

Isometric view is like an angular view with a grid. Examples are XCOM and Banner Saga if you want to check some videos.

/Edit :ninja:

Edited by Briste
  • Like 1

No photo description available.

So I finally updated my Bingo Card.

I2 - Starts with 1st letter of PSN Name: Planet of the Eyes - Short adventure platformer with a simple background story and some easy puzzles and some funky music.

G2 - Arcade/Puzzle/Rhythm Game: Tetra's Escape - Small 3D looking game with simple Tetris style platforming. Quite fun and not overly difficult/

O2 - Developed in Foreign Country: Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne - Artifex Mundi games are always easy to play, but based in Silesia they are definitely Foreign to me.

I3 - Game with Punctuation: Guacamelee! 2 - Sequel to one of my favourite Metroid-style games and just as funny.

I4 - Finish in One Sitting: Sigi: A Fart for Melusina - Literally you can finish this game with all collectibles in less than 30 minutes. A fun little platformer with fart jokes.

B5 - Started but didn't Finish: Color Guardians - Could never get the ending done. Got all the way to the boss and just couldn't get it right. Completed the remaining trophies and somehow found the ability to finish it, considering my non-ability in Rhythm games.

G5 - Anthropomorphized Animals: Skylar & Plux: Adventures on Clover Island - Playing as a Cat with an Owl companion saving strange sheeplike creatures.

O5 - Released in 2019: Resident Evil 2 - Bought the remake on release and have finished the Leon A campaign. Just as tense and scary as I remember it.

45 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

@Briste and @Beyondthegrave07 thank you for the reply. This makes it easy to figure out what games I can put under the categories.

No problem, and @Briste, at least we gave different examples of everything so you didn't get completely ninja'd! Haha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

I recomend Transistor for an Isometric game. I liked it when I played it. Looking through your profile, if you still have it, you can finish Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris.

6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

1. I wondered the exact same thing in my post before this one. lol. I think it means the one that has been sitting there the longest as looking at the release dates would be a literal pita.

I think it was said it pretty much is up to the player on how they want to interpret this one.  If I went truly literally oldest in my backlog that would be a bunch of stuff that doesn't even qualify for this event since I have games from the NES that qualify as backlog (and I don't remember exactly which one I bought first of those).  Then one could ask if it's oldest we own, oldest on the profile, or just generally oldest qualifying game (as in release date, or a re-release of an older backlog game).  I think in the end what matters is that you can justify some way of calling it your oldest.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

@ladynadiad I've got a question regarding Arc The Lad and since I remember you saying that you had played it, I thought I'd ask. Do you remember, if it's possible to free roam/choose between both parties freely during the final chapter?

Kind of yes and no.  There is a point of no return and the parties combine after that.  Any free roaming is limited to the current party.  You'll want to finish up each side's stuff before you get to their final areas. The trophy guide gives a checklist on what you need to do before each point.  Entering the flying fortress is the point of no return for both, but the Orcoth arena isn't accessible after chapter 5 (that arena is great for getting Darc and Volk up to level 50 for the trophies).  After you enter the flying fortress some stuff will happen and the parties will combine and for the final area you can choose whoever you want in your party but you can't leave the fortress.  A shop is available in the final dungeon.

The only real pain in the ass is getting Kharg to level 50.  The best thing to do is get him to about 35-40 and have Darc's party hang on to 10-15 bountiful fruits and then give them to Kharg when the parties combine. The only hard thing is the arenas.  If you can beat the arenas, you'll wipe the floor with the final boss.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Kind of yes and no.  There is a point of no return and the parties combine after that.  Any free roaming is limited to the current party.  You'll want to finish up each side's stuff before you get to their final areas. The trophy guide gives a checklist on what you need to do before each point.  Entering the flying fortress is the point of no return for both, but the Orcoth arena isn't accessible after chapter 5 (that arena is great for getting Darc and Volk up to level 50 for the trophies).  After you enter the flying fortress some stuff will happen and the parties will combine and for the final area you can choose whoever you want in your party but you can't leave the fortress.  A shop is available in the final dungeon.

The only real pain in the ass is getting Kharg to level 50.  The best thing to do is get him to about 35-40 and have Darc's party hang on to 10-15 bountiful fruits and then give them to Kharg when the parties combine. The only hard thing is the arenas.  If you can beat the arenas, you'll wipe the floor with the final boss.

Yeah, I wrapped up most of the missable stuff already. I only wanted to leave the last arena in Lamda for the final chapter. I also already have 20 bountiful fruits for Kharg once I reach chhapter 7. Just wasn't sure if there was free roam/how it worked during the last chapter.

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Yeah, I wrapped up most of the missable stuff already. I only wanted to leave the last arena in Lamda for the final chapter. I also already have 20 bountiful fruits for Kharg once I reach chhapter 7. Just wasn't sure if there was free roam/how it worked during the last chapter.

Sounds like you're set then.  I did the Lamda arena before wrapping up Kharg's final chapter, but it's still accessible in the final chapter as long as the humans haven't entered the flying fortress yet.

4 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Sounds like you're set then.  I did the Lamda arena before wrapping up Kharg's final chapter, but it's still accessible in the final chapter as long as the humans haven't entered the flying fortress yet.

Great. That's what I was hoping for as grinding the arenas for levels gets boring fast, so I'd rather do the last one after Kharg is level 50 with help of the fruit to breeze through it.

1 minute ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Great. That's what I was hoping for as grinding the arenas for levels gets boring fast, so I'd rather do the last one after Kharg is level 50 with help of the fruit to breeze through it.

Oh, I should clarify, the parties don't combine until after the point of no return.  That means you won't have access to Darc's bountiful fruits until then.  You don't need to get Kharg to level 50 to finish Lamda's arena though.  35-40 should be enough to pull it off as long as you have enough spirit stones to heal between rounds and some healing items as backup.  If you have trouble doing it with Kharg, then try Maru or Diekbeck.

5 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Oh, I should clarify, the parties don't combine until after the point of no return.  That means you won't have access to Darc's bountiful fruits until then.  You don't need to get Kharg to level 50 to finish Lamda's arena though.  35-40 should be enough to pull it off as long as you have enough spirit stones to heal between rounds and some healing items as backup.  If you have trouble doing it with Kharg, then try Maru or Diekbeck.

Ah that's a bummer... Really wasn't looking forward to leveling up Kharg to begin with, as his skills and magic are less useful than Darc's and his gear is also worse. Oh well, guess it can't be helped. Might as well get it all done in one go then. Thanks for the insight!