If you haven't started this game on PS3.. DON'T!

Just had an interesting thing happen with this game. Recently updated to 1.05, and just completed the last of the Winter levels. However, when the trophy popped, it was silver instead of bronze. Apparently I now have the PS4 Trophy list (minus one trophy) instead of the PS3 list. As a result, I could no longer sync trophies to PSN. A bit disappointing really. Not sure if it's a glitch on my end or not, but something definitely isn't right. Not sure if I can even get that trophy to pop now.

**Update: Some notes, I did recently re-install the game. (Hard Drive Failure) Then I synced up trophies with PSN, which looked fine. Then I downloaded Frozen and added the 1.05 update. The 1.05 update installed the trophies incorrectly it seems.

They somehow mixed up the PS3 version with the PS4 version of the trophies. This will now cause the 100% to be impossible! This is because the trophies will not sync with PSN because they do not match what PSN is expecting.  If you installed the game before the 1.05 patch, you should be fine. This should only affect new installs.

Edited by jdh0921

it's a digital download, so I dont think I can. I can however try to install the base game, run it where it installs the trophy and then apply the updates. Every time I test this I have to format the drive, as once the trophies are installed there is no way to remove them from what I can tell. 

1 hour ago, jdh0921 said:

it's a digital download, so I dont think I can. I can however try to install the base game, run it where it installs the trophy and then apply the updates. Every time I test this I have to format the drive, as once the trophies are installed there is no way to remove them from what I can tell. 

I tryed on alt sync just fine 

13 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

I tryed on alt sync just fine 

Wont have any issues with sync until you get the glitched trophy. Just did a test run, when 1.00 is installed it installs the base trophies without the DLC. 1.05 would install the bad ones. I think if I can somehow get 1.04 on my ps3 it will work. That's when the dlc trophies were originally introduced. 

Edited by jdh0921

1 hour ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Never heard of that happening... didn't happen to me at least. The problem with v1.04 is that you'll likely have to play without daily rewards. 

That's the interesting bit, you probably wouldn't have. I installed 1.05 when that came out about a month ago, and had zero problems. It wasn't until I had to replace the hard drive and re-install the game that this occurred. I only need 1.04 to install the game, once it's installed, I believe I can go to 1.05 without problems. I just don't know if there is a way to install 1.04 currently. I know how to do something like that on PS4, but not on PS3.

Just thought I'd give an update on this post. I contacted the Disney Support staff in regards to this issue. So far, they have been able to confirm the bug, but didn't realize the issue that it causes. Seems they thought it was a display bug at first. But I've been sending them info showing the conditions that this happens. They are aware of it, I'll find out soon if they have any plans to fix it. It sounds possible, but far from guaranteed.

To sum up, this is the current situation:

If you installed Frozen before 1/15 (assuming you haven't had to format a drive like I did) you should be fine to get 100%.

If you installed Frozen after 1/15, you will not be able to get the DLC trophies.

If you installed Frozen after 1/15 you will be able to get the base trophies. This is because the PS4 and PS3 trophy lists match for the base game. For some reason, they didn't for the DLC. Which created this problem, because the new installation installs the PS4 trophy list onto the PS3. Remember, once trophy data is installed in the database, even uninstalling the game will not get rid of the trophy data, which is what my issue is at the moment. I'm not sure if they have the ability to overwrite that data or not, if not I'd have to format the drive before re-installing. They currently don't do it, which is why installing from 1.04 causes no issues.

Clear as mud, right? Just wanted to give everyone a status update.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 2/18/2019 at 0:38 PM, jdh0921 said:

Just thought I'd give an update on this post. I contacted the Disney Support staff in regards to this issue. So far, they have been able to confirm the bug, but didn't realize the issue that it causes. Seems they thought it was a display bug at first. But I've been sending them info showing the conditions that this happens. They are aware of it, I'll find out soon if they have any plans to fix it. It sounds possible, but far from guaranteed.

If you installed Frozen before 1/15 (assuming you haven't had to format a drive like I did) you should be fine to get 100%.

If you installed Frozen after 1/15, you will not be able to get the DLC trophies.

If you installed Frozen after 1/15 you will be able to get the base trophies. This is because the PS4 and PS3 trophy lists match for the base game. For some reason, they didn't for the DLC. Which created this problem, because the new installation installs the PS4 trophy list onto the PS3. Remember, once trophy data is installed in the database, even uninstalling the game will not get rid of the trophy data, which is what my issue is at the moment. I'm not sure if they have the ability to overwrite that data or not, if not I'd have to format the drive before re-installing. They currently don't do it, which is why installing from 1.04 causes no issues.

Thanks for the info, i try delete user account in my ps3 hdd and try to re earn the trophies, Becuz delete user account will delete trophy info which saved in hdd

11 hours ago, zero3extreme said:

Thanks for the info, i try delete user account in my ps3 hdd and try to re earn the trophies, Becuz delete user account will delete trophy info which saved in hdd

I've tried that before too, the problem is when you go to re-earn the trophy, the same problem occurs. If you hit this, you only need to beat the last level again to get the trophy to pop again. But everytime I did it, it popped silver instead of bronze, which PSN rejects when you sync the trophies.

If i remember USA and EU versions have different patches. Did you get game from USA store? May be there is no problem with EU version trophies? But if you install game from EU store you will not be able to get daily rewards 

Edited by IoIly

2 minutes ago, IoIly said:

If i remember USA and EU version have different patches. Did you get game from USA store? May be there is no problem EU version trophies? But if you install game from EU store you will not able to get daily rewards 

Yea, I got it from the US Store. I went ahead and downloaded the GB version. I had hopes coming in, because I saw it was 1.04 instead of 1.05 like in the US. Downloaded it, synced with PSN to have the correct trophy list, installed and ran it... and the same problem persists. Looks like the GB version of 1.04 is the same as the US 1.05. Turns out the US version had a bug when the DLC was implemented, and so they had to cut an extra update for it. Darn. 

7 hours ago, jdh0921 said:

I've tried that before too, the problem is when you go to re-earn the trophy, the same problem occurs. If you hit this, you only need to beat the last level again to get the trophy to pop again. But everytime I did it, it popped silver instead of bronze, which PSN rejects when you sync the trophies.

oops,I thought wanna outsmart the stupid glitch but just realsed you have tried that

3 hours ago, jdh0921 said:

Yea, I got it from the US Store. I went ahead and downloaded the GB version. I had hopes coming in, because I saw it was 1.04 instead of 1.05 like in the US. Downloaded it, synced with PSN to have the correct trophy list, installed and ran it... and the same problem persists. Looks like the GB version of 1.04 is the same as the US 1.05. Turns out the US version had a bug when the DLC was implemented, and so they had to cut an extra update for it. Darn. 

I thought I had hopes but end up another disappointing again,thanks for the info once again

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Smicharick said:

Interestingly. Some people unlocked it.

Yep, there's a couple of common themes to those who have unlocked trophies in this game.

You can still earn all the base game trophies, the glitched trophies are only the DLC trophies.

If you look at the players who have earned trophies, all players earned trophies before January 15, 2019 in the base game. That implies they started before installing v1.05, so if you installed the game with 1.04, the trophies would have been built properly in the database.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

On 5/30/2019 at 2:52 AM, Smichhara said:

I have this game on my PS3 whith previously patch. I can help anybody.

Don't think you'd be able to retrieve the previous update without modifying your console, since the only update officially available now is 1.05. The trophyset in 1.05 removes one trophy (making it 20), while the official set on PSN's servers keeps the full 21 trophies. Technically, someone might be able to replace the trp in the latest update with the working trp from a prior one, but it'd require modding the PS3, which is against Sony's TOS. 

So unless you can retrieve the previous update for others to use, people are gonna be SOL on this game. 

On 17/2/2019 at 10:38 PM, jdh0921 said:

so if i download the game now and i focus only on the base trophies it won't register the ps4 trophy list?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 3:35 PM, GIBBYVA said:

I installed this game back in 2016 and it's still on ver 1.00. Should I try to get everything in base game first, offline,then try to stop the update @1.04?

I have (half-heartedly) attempted to solve the similar issue (glitched trophy in the latest update) with Hyperballoid after learning here how to fix FF15. You use a proxy server (Charles) to control how much of a game’s updates get downloaded. The thing is, you need the URL of the patch you want to put into Charles. I tried to extrapolate from the format of the URLs in the FF15 thread, basically guessing, but I only got errors, and I couldn’t find such patch URLs anywhere. I’m not sure if anyone has done a successful patch downgrade on a PS3 game before, as FF15 was PS4.

i installed the game years ago and have recently the past week been replaying it and i havent had any troubles on ps3 popping the trophies. i completed the ps4 version a while ago but i also alternated both systems at the time and had no issues. but thats just my personal experience. its a great game to wake up to get your mind moving.

also side tip, if the game dont load play offline before you start the game. or else you might get stuck on the start screen. not sure why this randomly happens to me for days then fixes itself for days then happens again

Edited by melodicmizery

11 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

You could probably sell your console with the game in its current state for a fortune 1f4b0.png1f4b0.png1f4b0.png 

is the game that popular? i always played it because i enjoyed it and literally thought i was the only person lmao. when i did it on ps4 the daily rewards werent even working so it took me evven longer to finish. id prob never get the money my console is worth with the hundreds of digital games i bought and have installed

2 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

is the game that popular? i always played it because i enjoyed it and literally thought i was the only person lmao. when i did it on ps4 the daily rewards werent even working so it took me evven longer to finish. id prob never get the money my console is worth with the hundreds of digital games i bought and have installed

It’s mostly due to if you have the right patch of the game since the latest one is what broke the PS3 DLC trophies, and if who wants those 4 trophies are willing to take the time to get them (Hyperballoid had only 1 trouble trophy taking only a couple hours to get). I’m still a little iffy about how the PSNP guide rates it as only 1/10 difficulty (since people are sounding like they’re having lots of difficulty) and only 100 hours (when PST.com said 25-50 hours just for the base game), and had no red warning text anywhere regarding getting the PS3 100% versus the PS4 100%.