Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Trophy Thoughts

MidnightDragon

21 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

What I am saying is, this thread has some people calling it dead because they simply do not understand that not every fucking trophy list is gonna be a TellTale easy plat. 

Literally this whole list is just a long one, but even then, it isnt hard. You just... have to play the game. It blows my mind how insanely soft trophy hunters can be. 

A small amount of players actually trophy hunt, so I don't even understand why people equate trophy difficulty to how populated the game will be.

How's the netcode? I've hesitated on picking this up because I don't want to deal with lag. Aside from that it looks like a fun game at that price point.

29 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

The netcode is wonderful but as of right now I wouldnt recommend ranked since there's a low blocking bug online which means you cant block low attacks. They are fixing that in the next update however.

You have to forgive folks here.  Most are scrubs.  Forgive them LOL.  You only have to play 1000 matches, and win half of them :hmm: I'm going to wait for the aforementioned block bug to perhaps give this game a shot on my main profile.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grimydawg said:

You have to forgive folks here.  Most are scrubs.  Forgive them LOL.  You only have to play 1000 matches, and win half of them :hmm: I'm going to wait for the aforementioned block bug to perhaps give this game a shot on my main profile.

Yeah I try to ignore it but some people who are clearly not better than you beat you at ranked and afterwards it can really frustrate you. You dont lose ranks but fuck is it still very annoying. Thankfully it should be coming soon because the game really is growing at a good pace. The only problem is are the glitches and bugs and content which are all gonna be fixed soon, and I couldnt possibly be happier.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 2:23 AM, NekoRave said:

But you do lose ranks.

I've been at gold II down to gold IV etc

Are you saying you can't be pushed to silver or?

All it takes is a few bad cheap players to push you down a lot, considering I spent hours trying just to get to platinum but how the game is heavily spam, assist and ultimate based its easy to just get beyond frustrated playing this game.

I mean for what it is sure its fun but skullgirls out the gate IMO was better than this with combos etc.

I mean I can just down circle for example and juggle someone in a corner and that's kinda stupid to do.

Plus everyone is using the black ranger to push players with cheap tactics so again you get 4 wins get to gold 2 and then fight players clearly out of your skill range and can push you way down and by the time you build it up again you go back down again.

So there is a factor of by the time you get to elite, how on earth are you supposed to manage master ranks without just using meta, future dlc characters before they are merged, and exploiting the mechanics to just get a win?

My frustration comes from the fact how the game is easily cheesable and a spamfest with no real combos besides infinite loops.

Its about as fun as MVC2 fighting storm and magneto.

Green ranger players love getting you into the wall and spam juggle you to death

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Yeah anyone defending this trash hasn't truely seen the cancer that's in this game.

ATM its spam ultimate, assists, and exploit infinite loops which I guarantee won't even be fixed by the next 4 patches.

In before truely op dlc that everyone will exploit and matches will become who's the bigger cheap fuck.

I'd rather play games that are balanced and at least somewhat combo based without the easy instant super buttons.

In before infinite loop exploits are "combos"

See I like that this game has combos but not really. I have ADHD so my brain can't process what I need to press to my fingers fast enough if it's a long combo. So what this game has is perfect.

That being said, it does need some balance changes. A combo breaking system or a way to get out the corner.

The block bug has been patched. The game is getting balanced and updates are steady.

I will have to retract my previous statement that the rank system does not make you go down if you lose a match - it does. However, you have a meter for a bonus medal, and it can keep you in the rank and stop the bleeding.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Im done trying to play the ranked in this till they work on some kinda of combo breaker system or implement cross play functionality of some sort if Playstation will allow it at platinum 3 atm and climbing is virtually impossible when i am matched against the number 1 guy and number 8 guy on the leader board who hit me once then juggle me across the entire stage with me having the ability to do nothing about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 10:38 AM, WorldsBestSpy said:

The block bug has been patched. The game is getting balanced and updates are steady.

I will have to retract my previous statement that the rank system does not make you go down if you lose a match - it does. However, you have a meter for a bonus medal, and it can keep you in the rank and stop the bleeding.

So if I am Gold 1 and I lose all my medals, I wont go back down silver?

16 hours ago, WallaceErick_ said:

I don't recommend to boost in this game.

I did this and i was banned from the server.

Can anyone else confirm this? Was planning on buying the game now that it's half off in EU store. But if boosting is bannable then I don't know...

• Like 1

On 29/05/2019 at 5:51 PM, GeneSaw said:

Can anyone else confirm this? Was planning on buying the game now that it's half off in EU store. But if boosting is bannable then I don't know...

I can confirm!
missing only the level trophy, they ban me.
you can search my ID on ranking.

On 30/05/2019 at 5:48 PM, Vergil said:

Ohh wow really. How long is the ban?

Permanent.
They don't even answer my e-mails...

8 minutes ago, WallaceErick_ said:

I can confirm!
missing only the level trophy, they ban me. Permanent.

Is that the game servers, or a PSN ban? 8 or 9 years ago, I was banned from PSN for 7 days for boosting Killzone 2. They keep this type of shit up, they can forget about making enough money to pay for the Ranger license.

45 minutes ago, WallaceErick_ said:

I can confirm!
missing only the level trophy, they ban me.
you can search my ID on ranking.

Permanent.
They don't even answer my e-mails...

Ohh damm! That sucks man! 

Yeah definitely not buying this game now! 

Okay so after about 3 hours in-game time of playing I have reached platinum V twice and immeadiately spammed back to Gold II... how the hell are you supposed to reach Master in this...? Forget the fact that it takes several minutes to find a match and when it does I get spammed to oblivion...

It would help tremendously if you couldn't fall back to gold after reaching platinum but since you can, that might very well be the reason I will never be able to platinum this game...

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2019 at 0:18 PM, dj_helyx said:

Is that the game servers, or a PSN ban? 8 or 9 years ago, I was banned from PSN for 7 days for boosting Killzone 2. They keep this type of shit up, they can forget about making enough money to pay for the Ranger license.

Ban on game server only. 

On 01/06/2019 at 0:53 PM, Vergil said:

Ohh damm! That sucks man! 

Yeah definitely not buying this game now! 

Yes man, i'm very frustrated. I really wanted the platinum of this game. =(

On 04/06/2019 at 9:09 PM, GeneSaw said:

Okay so after about 3 hours in-game time of playing I have reached platinum V twice and immeadiately spammed back to Gold II... how the hell are you supposed to reach Master in this...? Forget the fact that it takes several minutes to find a match and when it does I get spammed to oblivion...

It would help tremendously if you couldn't fall back to gold after reaching platinum but since you can, that might very well be the reason I will never be able to platinum this game...

Without boost, it will be impossible to platinum this game.

There're few players at high levels.

nWay games are stupid to do that, they're going to empty the servers on their own.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to matchmake couple nights ago, keeps "losing connection to server" or waiting forever...finally got 2 matches after waiting 10 minutes without any disconnect while waiting...how do they expect people to play their broken ass game? The fact they give the 3 qualifying matches against CPU is generous...but it doesn't make up for lazy/bad programming. At this rate with the few players that do play this game, they might consider those players "boosting" and they might end up getting banned (though I'm not exactly sure how the banning system works? Is each match monitored or something? Lol). Maybe more people would play their game if they didn't ban hammer everyone that actually enjoyed the game for what it is...I hate being a child at heart sometimes :(