How is RDR Online these days?

Dreakon13

17 hours ago, NeilBefore_ZOD said:

Right, there are still "kill other player" daily challenges, but they are not in the free roam itself, only in free roam events that you can choose to join. I should have been more clear about what I meant. 

Overall, I think the changes have sligthly improved the experience in free roam, but now it seems since this latest patch my game crashes an awful lot. I've even deleted and reinstalled the game, and it's still happening.

Yeah, those challenges aren't too bad though. All good.

Only slightly? I've found free roam to be a ton of fun now. Yeah that's happening to everyone, only thing I've found that keeps it at bay for a bit is restoring licences. Rockstar is apparently working on fixing it.

12 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Yeah. And the daily challenges sometimes are "kill other players in showdowns" and you can't complete it because you can't get into one. 

Lol... Simply go into Gun Rush/Gun Rush Teams via options menu, it's a showdown mode as well.

RDR2 online is the worst online experience I've ever had with any game. The single player story was amazing, the Online is total trash. Three main ingredients are:

1) With the current update, I'm getting game crashes once every 10 minutes in free roam (error code CE-34878-0), making it practically unplayable.

2) In the rare instance where the game doesn't crash, there is still a chance that RcokStar Games servers failed and have the player(s) disconnected from whatever they were doing

3) Even if the game runs properly on a system level, everyone that plays this game are nothing but griefers. Nowhere is safe, not even while playing co-op missions.

Never have I got so much hate for a game's online component, where the game's single player was such a masterpiece in all aspects.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, deldoomgun said:

RDR2 online is the worst online experience I've ever had with any game. The single player story was amazing, the Online is total trash. Three main ingredients are:

1) With the current update, I'm getting game crashes once every 10 minutes in free roam (error code CE-34878-0), making it practically unplayable.

2) In the rare instance where the game doesn't crash, there is still a chance that RcokStar Games servers failed and have the player(s) disconnected from whatever they were doing

3) Even if the game runs properly on a system level, everyone that plays this game are nothing but griefers. Nowhere is safe, not even while playing co-op missions.

Never have I got so much hate for a game's online component, where the game's single player was such a masterpiece in all aspects.

With all respect you must have a different game

Me and a friend playing about a week, 4 hours a day, have no crashes, no disconnects, no griefers (using defensive playstyle). We are playing co-op just with friends, mostly the daily challenge and the free roam missions.

With the last big update i start to like the game and have a lot fun.

19 hours ago, deldoomgun said:

RDR2 online is the worst online experience I've ever had with any game. The single player story was amazing, the Online is total trash

I had the same problems and feelings you have on with the online components of RDR2 but I instantly solved all the problems with one solution which is below

Spoiler

I TOOK THE DISC OUT THE CONSOLE AND SOLD IT

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 2

On 25.5.2019 at 0:38 PM, SchlagSaite said:

With all respect you must have a different game

Me and a friend playing about a week, 4 hours a day, have no crashes, no disconnects, no griefers (using defensive playstyle). We are playing co-op just with friends, mostly the daily challenge and the free roam missions.

With the last big update i start to like the game and have a lot fun.

Well I can confirm the crashes, disconnects and the return of the griefers. And I play this game a lot (Rank 96 at the moment). I also have fun, but you're simply lucky if you haven't made those experiences yet, really. 

PS: Hallo Martin, du jetzt also auch hier?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11.1.2020 at 9:09 PM, rockstarjazz said:

it's 2020. how is online today?

Became better, more stuff to do, less grieves. Still the potential is far away from being well exhausted... it could be sooo much better. It's only okay. One year after it's release this is still a disappointing status. But maybe you'll find some fun in it. 

• 1 year later...
On 08/04/2019 at 2:05 PM, DreddPirateRobb said:

Stick to single player or wait a year or two and see if the online has improved by then 

Just started playing online. Not even level 20 and I'm bored out of my tree. I probably won't get the plat out of sheer boredom rather than the hard trophies. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

reinstalling the game as I type this, primarily for the singleplayer doing to attempt one 100% again, was looking through the online trophies and none of them seem that hard (though I could be mistaken) so anyway

It's 2021, how is the online these days? can you work towards the trophies without much trouble

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 10:30 PM, Thomas2400 said:

reinstalling the game as I type this, primarily for the singleplayer doing to attempt one 100% again, was looking through the online trophies and none of them seem that hard (though I could be mistaken) so anyway

It's 2021, how is the online these days? can you work towards the trophies without much trouble

I'm working towards the platinum so back on the online. Not getting any crashes or things like that, and there is plenty to do. However, I am finding it a lot more fun playing with a friend in a posse than playing on my own. 

• Like 1