An easy way to get to My PSN Profile?

I wish there was an easier way to get to my PSN Profile.  Currently it requires me to click on my username in top right corner, and then select 'My PSN Profile'.  It's kind of a pain, and it would be nice if My PSN Profile was added as a link on top of the page (it could even replace 'Home' link since it's redundant with the 'PSNProfiles' link being there already).

• Like 2

While it has never bothered me enough to say something about it, I agree; it would be nice to have one-click access to my profile (if signed in, of course).

The issue with setting your profile as a "favorite/bookmark/starred/whatever", is it's more of a pain to go that route than the 2 clicks on the actual site. I primarily use this site on my phone's browser... pulling up your "favorites" from there is not very convenient, haha.

Anywho, it really wouldn't be a site-altering change and would require minimal effort to code.

• Like 1

Here is on of the many reasons why I love Chrome as much as I do. 

As you can see I have the pages I frequent the most ready to go the moment I open up Chrome and it goes straight to my profile. Granted it's not a big deal if I had to click a few buttons to get there, but it's still a great feature.   

Chrome.jpg

Not a fan of Chrome, as it doesn't have Firefox's bookmark panel.  And the reason you want to have the shortcut right on the top, is for ease of use.  I often check PSNProfiles from my iPad while I'm in the middle of a game, it's even more of a pain having to go through to clicks on there (a click, a visual search and a click in fact), than a single click on top of a page.  This is a subtle change - and most people will not notice - but for the more discerning user it will improve overall experience.  Especially given how often that function would be used.

• Like 1

I don't think it's really a pain but it would be nice if they added a link to the forum profile in that drop down menu. Assuming you use the site homepage as your browser bookmark, and that you stay signed in with cookies, from there you can get to your My PSN Profile in two clicks, but to get to your forum profile (because maybe you wanna track content you posted in) takes three clicks. Now it's not so much that the one extra click is a big deal, but rather it's that you have to load a new page first to get there. So yea it would be nice, imho, if the dropdown menu from the home page / psn profile page was similar to the dropdown from the forum pages, basically having all those other options included.

If I remember right, the button did used to take you straight to your profile, but that was changed for people using a touch-screen device.

When attempting to use the 'Update Profile' selection on a tablet, you never got the menu to drop-down as it took you straight to your profile instead.

The web development team where I work have a policy when designing web-based apps where you must be able to get where you need to in 3 clicks or less.

I wish there was an easier way to get to my PSN Profile.  Currently it requires me to click on my username in top right corner, and then select 'My PSN Profile'.  It's kind of a pain, and it would be nice if My PSN Profile was added as a link on top of the page (it could even replace 'Home' link since it's redundant with the 'PSNProfiles' link being there already).

Just add a link to your profile in your signature..

Hey, cool, let's all be dicks about a suggestion that doesn't affect us in the slightest. The existing system certainly isn't taxing, but a more direct path might be beneficial for users with phones and tablets like he said, since their browsers are often slower and drop-down menus don't always work the best. Certainly it wouldn't be hard to set up, so it's not like it would mean putting other features and upgrades on hold. 

Now those of you that have had the pleasure of making my acquaintance in the CB know I love to be a dick, and I'm still all for that, but only when folks deserve it. Eternal's hardly come bursting onto the scene calling everyone faggots and going off the handle at people that disagree. Save it for people that deserve it even the slightest bit.

Edited by Curb
  • Like 2

Hey, cool, let's all be dicks about a suggestion that doesn't affect us in the slightest. The existing system certainly isn't taxing, but a more direct path might be beneficial for users with phones and tablets like he said, since their browsers are often slower and drop-down menus don't always work the best. Certainly it wouldn't be hard to set up, so it's not like it would mean putting other features and upgrades on hold. 

Now those of you that have had the pleasure of making my acquaintance in the CB know I love to be a dick, and I'm still all for that, but only when folks deserve it. Eternal's hardly come bursting onto the scene calling everyone faggots and going off the handle at people that disagree. Save it for people that deserve it even the slightest bit.

If you love to act like dick, that's entirely up to you. Others might just make a joke based on the "hilarious" thesis that clicking twice is painful. At least I haven't witnessed any personal attacks, name calling etc. 

Well till you came with your dicks ...

And on topic: No, it's not difficult at all to arrange a separate button. But Sly unites all account related links under one hub on the top left site. In the forum as well as on PSN Profiles. It is a design decision with an obvious idea behind it. 

The most painful aspect of it is this "discussion", not the requirement to click twice.

• Like 1