Fucking platformers

Zanyverse

Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with the "Buttery Bandicoot" that is Crash? I constantly find myself touching the platform, landing on it and then just sliding off. It's getting really frustrating and i already broke a keyboard while playing Peasant Knight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LLegend_Fox said:

Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with the "Buttery Bandicoot" that is Crash? I constantly find myself touching the platform, landing on it and then just sliding off. It's getting really frustrating and i already broke a keyboard while playing Peasant Knight.

You too, huh? I just started this a couple of days ago. I'm not even that far along, and already encountered this. You'll get used to the timing over time, but it's not very intuitive.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Honestly, it sounds like you are jumping too soon. If you are just touching the edge you will fall off. You might be better off playing some Crash 2 and 3 since those are easier games. Then when you come back to 1, it won't seem as hard.

I don't know if i even want to start those games too tho, because then instead of 1 incomplete game, i'll have three. Maybe on a blank account that i can just delete or merge with my main when platinumed.

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

You too, huh? I just started this a couple of days ago. I'm not even that far along, and already encountered this. You'll get used to the timing over time, but it's not very intuitive.

Yeah, i thought i was going to have a blast when playing this, but i really am just wanting to start playing Hitman 2 on my pc. Haha

9 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

All I can say really is that you just get used to it. Like any platformer you just slowly become familiar with how the controls and character feels. Just stay calm and practice. The Crash remake is an annoying game but it gets more manageable. 

I'll give it some more tries, i guess. Even after getting the first time trail done, i was already thinking, "There's another 25 of these?" So i don't know, maybe platformers aren't just for me. I already gave up on League of Evil.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LLegend_Fox said:

It's different to the original games on PS1. Problem seems to be the “pill shape“ of Crash in the modern version (which also makes the infamous suspension bridge levels harder than they used to be):

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-07-04-fans-may-know-why-jumping-is-harder-in-the-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy

There's an interesting aspect mentioned in the article that you can use this to your advantage if you learn how to handle it.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, LLegend_Fox said:

I don't know if i even want to start those games too tho, because then instead of 1 incomplete game, i'll have three. Maybe on a blank account that i can just delete or merge with my main when platinumed.

That's an option, but in all reality, Crash 2 and 3 are pretty easy. The only hard part will be getting the relic times. They just take practice. Crash 1 is much harder than the others.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Save files can disappear in this game?

I don't know, it just dissapeared. Maybe something with the console, idk havent noticed anything in any other game. Both of the games this happened (Crash 1 & Spyro 2) we're made by the same dev. But i don't think it has anything to do with it. Eitherway, just upload your save to the cloud and if it does dissapear, just download it.

Edited by LLegend_Fox

Just now, LLegend_Fox said:

I don't know, it just dissapeared. Maybe something with the console, idk havent noticed anything in any other game. Both of the games this happened (Crash 1 & Spyro 2) we're made by the same dev. But i don't think it has anything to do with it.

I don't think they were, though. Spyro 2 was by Toys for Bob. Crash was by someone else (Vicarious Visions, I think?).

On 10-4-2019 at 10:27 PM, Charizarzar said:

I lost all my progress once because I accidentally disabled the auto save when I was in the save menu (R1 I think). Is that what happened?

As for slipping off I held X for most of the jumps and kept an eye on my shadow on the next ledge to see where I’d land.

Nope, autosave is on. As for the tip, i'll keep it in mind.

Edit: My save was once again deleted. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Edited by LLegend_Fox

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Death said:

I started it last night and this shit is ridiculous! I'm in the middle of the second island and my head wanted to pop from the stress. 

I feel the exact same way, except i haven't made it to the second boss even. My save however has been reset twice.

1 minute ago, LLegend_Fox said:

I feel the exact same way, except i haven't made it to the second boss even. My save however has been reset twice.

Oh that better not happen to me! I'd drop this shit in a heartbeat. I got a shitload of sapphire relics maybe a few gold and 1 platinum. I have a bad feeling the sapphire isn't good enough. 

9 minutes ago, Death said:

I have a bad feeling the sapphire isn't good enough. 

You're right. You will need 26 gold (or platinum) relics for one of the trophies. If you are going for 100%, you can skip The High Road relic (or any other base game relic).