Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

17 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

I want to clarify that if things genuinely are taking their time, I wholeheartedly concur that its best to get it right and take longer than rush. However, when the most recent update at the top of the forum literally says that "if you try to sign up with a name change it'll just pull up your existing account....you can use your old name to log into it", it seemed to indicate that the changes have been implemented, to be fair. I don't feel it is stupid to query why the update given isn't applying to me when a very recent update is saying this. It would appear others have queried similar stuff recently in this thread.

The account you made under the new name was merged with the old account. You use the old PSNID to sign into it. That's it for now.

3 hours ago, Lord_Luxus said:

oh so i didn't know any of this and ended up creating a new account for my changed psn username and even purchased premium again. will this block any merging and will my old premium get merged with my new?

I did the same thing (except for buying premium). What happened to me was that my new account got removed and (now I can't log in to it) while my old account is still empty.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rix18 said:

I lose braincells coming back to this thread. Lots of very impatient people.

I guess most figured that because people have been changing their name since the beta happened a few months ago that things wouldn't be delayed so much..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PEDER97 said:

Fairly natural when it has taken four times the time they initially said it would. Next time there's big site changes, they should probably be more careful with the estimated time needed.1f602.png

I get it, but at the same time, what can you do?  Force them to fix it today?  I would love for my profile to finally update here, it transitioned very smooth at all the other sites, but we're at the mercy of the job that needs to be done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bellz666 said:

I get it, but at the same time, what can you do?  Force them to fix it today?  I would love for my profile to finally update here, it transitioned very smooth at all the other sites, but we're at the mercy of the job that needs to be done.

Of course, they have to take their time. I'm just saying they should be more careful with the time they say it'll take, when there's a real chance it'll take far, far longer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PEDER97 said:

Of course, they have to take their time. I'm just saying they should be more careful with the time they say it'll take, when there's a real chance it'll take far, far longer.

yes because people said ok one week i can change my id and wait for one week....... ( without sessions, updates .....)

anyway i had to change it day 1 no matter what psnprofiles was saying.

we have to keep praying everything will be ok in a couple of days or weeks

I get that this is troublesome, and it's taking people's time.
And I'm waiting still. But this is taking TOO long.

They've asked for us to wait for a week before changing our nicknames, I waited, then changed mine cause I didn't want to lose the one available.
If I was about to wait until today, maybe I'd have lost it.
But tomorrow it will be a month after they asked... A MONTH. All the other sites about trophies I use had my nickname changed in about a week.

I haven't created a new account or something, you can just set Premium in my new account and that's OK, no problem.
I'm still waiting for everything to be done.

Edited by pedrohtcastro
  • Like 3

On 5/7/2019 at 4:48 PM, Sly Ripper said:

The account you made under the new name was merged with the old account. You use the old PSNID to sign into it. That's it for now.

What I originally said is still the case, unless I'm being thick (which is very possible let be fair). If I sign in as my old PSN ID on here, it just reverts me to my old account, which I'm writing from as we speak. It has the correct forum info (rep, posts, premium), but under the old name with no trophy history.

Every time I create a new profile for my new ID, it has the correct trophy details but no forum profile in any way, shape, or form is attached, and nothing seems to be merged (i.e. I can't engage in any forum activity whatsoever). If I then try to log in using the old ID, it reverts to this, it doesn't sign into the new profile. If I try and then log-in again to the newly created profile, it says the account doesn't exist anymore and I have to set it up again (tested this 3 times).

It's probably a case of me signing in wrong, and I'm not in a rush so if this is supposed to happen that's fine, but if that's not the case it appears something is up.

Edited by phantomfear9494

15 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

What I originally said is still the case, unless I'm being thick (which is very possible let be fair). If I sign in as my old PSN ID on here, it just reverts me to my old account, which I'm writing from as we speak. It has the correct forum info (rep, posts, premium), but under the old name with no trophy history.

That's what I'm experiencing as well.

I'm also confused because I think there's a difference in the level/progress of my new PSN ID (WaxWeazle92) where PSNP shows me I'm at the start of level 16 while my PS4 shows me I'm somewhere past 50%.

PS4;

YQYOG5s.png

PSNP:

LKWY1zQ.png

22 minutes ago, WaxWeazle said:

That's what I'm experiencing as well.

I'm also confused because I think there's a difference in the level/progress of my new PSN ID (WaxWeazle92) where PSNP shows me I'm at the start of level 16 while my PS4 shows me I'm somewhere past 50%.

It looks like you hid 338 hidden trophies, which will adjust your level here on the site according to the amount of trophies that were hidden

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 3:37 PM, Lord_Luxus said:

oh so i didn't know any of this and ended up creating a new account for my changed psn username and even purchased premium again. will this block any merging and will my old premium get merged with my new?

Lets hope not because i did the same thing.. I couldn’t wait a month. It will be great if they can erase this account ill keep the new one... 

I want to comment in guides because things are missing and i can'ttttt

I want to say thank you too to all guides i have been using...

@Sly, can you give us a precise update on what you are doing and what it takes? Or if you can delete old accounts instead of merging because some people dont care about merging

• Like 1