How old were you if/when you beat Master Ninja?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting topic! This is kind of getting off topic a bit here but... ? *ponders deep thoughts*

Do y’all find your raw gaming skills have improved with age and experience, or looking back now, do you sometimes feel like your adolescent reflexes allowed you to pull off technical wizardry that you couldn’t even dream of now that you’re an old fart?

Unfortunately I didn’t have a ton of opportunities to play or own video games as a young kid, nor did I have a ton of interest in them during my teen/high school years when I actually had the chance to. So most of my experience with serious gaming and challenging my skills has come in my 20s as an adult, and I don’t have a wide variety of games in my childhood to draw references from.

I am curious though because I’ve have noticed on a lot of more difficult games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Devil May Cry etc. that returning players often make comments about how much easier they remembered it being when they played it as a young child. It seems to be the majority sentiment, although to be fair some players will express the opposite, like “Oh man I remember being stuck on this boss for like a week back on the PS2, but this time around I beat him in less than an hour!”

What do you guys think, especially you older gentlemen in your 30s?

• 1 year later...
On 9/2/2020 at 10:30 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Interesting topic! This is kind of getting off topic a bit here but... 1f914.png *ponders deep thoughts*

Do y’all find your raw gaming skills have improved with age and experience, or looking back now, do you sometimes feel like your adolescent reflexes allowed you to pull off technical wizardry that you couldn’t even dream of now that you’re an old fart?

Unfortunately I didn’t have a ton of opportunities to play or own video games as a young kid, nor did I have a ton of interest in them during my teen/high school years when I actually had the chance to. So most of my experience with serious gaming and challenging my skills has come in my 20s as an adult, and I don’t have a wide variety of games in my childhood to draw references from.

I am curious though because I’ve have noticed on a lot of more difficult games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Devil May Cry etc. that returning players often make comments about how much easier they remembered it being when they played it as a young child. It seems to be the majority sentiment, although to be fair some players will express the opposite, like “Oh man I remember being stuck on this boss for like a week back on the PS2, but this time around I beat him in less than an hour!”

What do you guys think, especially you older gentlemen in your 30s?

Gonna take a sec to respond to this year and half old post, if you don’t mind.?

I personally think It’s a little bit of both.

When I was 18-23, I really feel like I was at my best as a gamer.

I was no damaging mega man games like a pro, could S rank all missions in DMC4 on DMD across all 3 character modes)

I platinum’d Mighty Number 9 like it wasn’t shit, maxed out Evil Within 1 twice(1000g Xbox and ps4 plat) did countless sub 1.5hr runs on RE Remake , beat the Uncharted Trilogy on Brutal without cheats and reached platinum league in SF5.

This was also around the time I was still playing L4D1 competitively on Xbox.

Was Top 5 on there for years.

But looking back on all that, I don’t know if I would ever be able to plat games like Splasher, Doom 2, Wolfestin 2.

I was just never good at controlling my nerves like I do now.

Hell I don’t even think doing master ninja(on any NG title) would have been possible for then, but now at 29 years old and much older(not nessury wiser?)

I have improved in some ways, but in terms of Raw skill I kinda suck now, my aim and reactions are not on par with my younger self.

So In short I’m smarter as a player but not as skilled I guess.

P.S, I beat Master Ninja on Sigma 1(and achieved platinum) last year at the age of 28.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 10:30 PM, dieselmanchild said:

In my 30's and I feel like I've only improved with age. There's no way I could've pulled off platting both of the Bleed games, or Star Hunter DX and Space Moth back in high school.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, kraven_15 said:

beat it last night at 39 years, 6 months and 24 days old. wasn't nearly as bad as i remember some years back but still rediculous 1f601.png

Respect to you man. Just goes to show older people can still complete difficult skill dependent challenges if they put the time and effort into them.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I beat them the first time recently at age 38. Started playing Ninja Gaiden in mid 20's but I didn't care about trophies. I was too busy building a career. I just liked to train my fighting techniques in the Ninja Missions for fun. The skills get dull if you don't train yourself, just like any other skill.

• 4 weeks later...

I played the first one in 2019, more for the story, but in 2nd I'm having trouble finding someone who doesn't have lag and as I'm from BR here it's harder to find someone compatible, the two I played with had issues with lag due to a European being. and another North American and as I'm from the southern part of America, it would be ideal for someone from here to help, but where's that here? I was told that the solution to the lag problem is to play with a LAN cable connected, does that check?