Gold Rush: Replay or Restart

MisterMarcoo

You are not at 50% completion of your trophy status because gold trophies are worth more points than silver trophies which are more than bronze trophies.

so while your trophy count may be at 50% in the game, your points are at 47% of total points.

Restarting the game and getting better gear and upgrades definitely makes it easier and more relaxing, but if you want to save some time replay is the way to go. I did it on replay and to be honest it wasn't too difficult, but I also think it depends on the missions you pick. There are some very good videoguides out there that applies to replay stats aswell.

1 hour ago, Teeblatt said:

All Epilogue I missions are easy. Look out for hints in videos, i.e. the mission in chapter 2 where you have to free Micah - you can buy snake oil in the store.

i have 46 missions, you can guess i did as good as all epilogue I on gold already xD well, except the harder ones, so mostly these with Sadie xD The micah one was actually one of these i tried yesterday, only failed the 15 headshots(Because dead eye here marks automatically still) guess many 1-shot kills was because of a critical hit then, not because of a headshot.

Where did this idea come from that getting 70 gold medals on replay is some insurmountable challenge? You have plenty of choice about which missions you want to tackle and there are numerous guides all over the internet with super helpful tips. Yes you’re a little weaker and have a worse horse but it’s perfectly adequate to get the job done. Doing it on replay will save so much time rather than restarting the whole game. I don’t think I had to try any of the missions I went for more than a few times to get gold. If I can do it then anyone can. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZJW44 said:

Where did this idea come from that getting 70 gold medals on replay is some insurmountable challenge? You have plenty of choice about which missions you want to tackle and there are numerous guides all over the internet with super helpful tips. Yes you’re a little weaker and have a worse horse but it’s perfectly adequate to get the job done. Doing it on replay will save so much time rather than restarting the whole game. I don’t think I had to try any of the missions I went for more than a few times to get gold. If I can do it then anyone can. 

You are right that there are plenty of missions to choose from but restarting would be a hell of a lot easier but at the cost of time.

Personally I chose to replay because then you could choose what mission to do and not have to waste much time doing all of them again. 

The only ones I remember having trouble with were timed missions that involved riding a horse.

Instead of your level 4 horse you've bonded with through the whole game you are given a donkey.

23 hours ago, ZJW44 said:

For me it is not so much as it being an insurmountable task but more like which method is faster!

On ‎22‎.‎06‎.‎2019 at 6:07 PM, ZJW44 said:

Yes, i played through the game and had just 6 or 7 Gold Medals at the end. The Rest I did in Replay, it was not that hard just time consuming/consumpting(?). I mean it takes time, but a second Playthrough takes much more time.

Edited by Sikutai

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm starting my Gold Rush hunt now and I'm wondering what's the best way to restart once I know one of the requirements have been unmet.

Do I have to restart the whole mission or can I use checkpoint restart?

Do I have to skip cutscene in missions with time requirements?

Any other tips to make my replays efficient?

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Hey everyone, I'm starting my Gold Rush hunt now and I'm wondering what's the best way to restart once I know one of the requirements have been unmet.

Do I have to restart the whole mission or can I use checkpoint restart?

Do I have to skip cutscene in missions with time requirements?

Any other tips to make my replays efficient?

1.Depends what the requirements are. But in most missions, you likely have to restart the entire mssion because things like accuracy, headshots or no health items are immediatly failed once you fail or die

2.I heard that it doesnt count to time in some missions, but your likely saver to just skip what you can skip

3.If you use the replay feature, nerves. have lots of nerves because many are sheer hard or near unfair on replay, because you have mostly standard stats and horse in replay. if you go to the "new save, trying to get every gold"-Way, stock up with stuff for stamina ad dead eye and try to higher life/Stamina/dead eye as far as possible, for better chances. and a fast horsey to make some missions with times a little easier.

I'm still replaying, 15 golds left to get

• Like 1

One thing that I did not expect and no one mentioned it here, I have some really accurate pistols from my 100% playthrough on my horse, e.g. Calloway's Revolver. Much better than the stock Cattleman for all those accuracy requirements.

10 hours ago, HusKy said:

One thing that I did not expect and no one mentioned it here, I have some really accurate pistols from my 100% playthrough on my horse, e.g. Calloway's Revolver. Much better than the stock Cattleman for all those accuracy requirements.

yeah, you keep some weapons you got in replays(But i dont think every weapon)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if people missed out on that tip I posted last year when I completed gold medals but... the Headshot requirement can easily be farmed on civilians roaming around the area. Shooting them counts... unless they patched it since I did it back in Nov/Dec2018

Edited by Erkawest

Well, I'm happy to say that I just got the Gold Rush trophy and thus the Platinum.

I used the replay method and after finishing the medals, I think it's a no brainer to use it. You will save a ton of time. No amount of dead eye/horse stamina will save you from all the boring rides which you will have to repeat over and over. From my experience, the benefit of longer lasting dead eye was negligible on my gold runs.

Kudos to @GamingWithAbyss1 for creating awesome replay guide!

@Erkawest It still works, I think I used it only once though.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Well, I'm happy to say that I just got the Gold Rush trophy and thus the Platinum.

I used the replay method and after finishing the medals, I think it's a no brainer to use it. You will save a ton of time. No amount of dead eye/horse stamina will save you from all the boring rides which you will have to repeat over and over. From my experience, the benefit of longer lasting dead eye was negligible on my gold runs.

Kudos to @GamingWithAbyss1 for creating awesome replay guide!

@Erkawest It still works, I think I used it only once though.

Excellent congrats on the Platinum ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rewemarkt66 said:

I'm still left with 15 on replay, but the rest is either hard or buggy(I swear in the one mission i killed 3 soldiers with headshot with the sniper, even used dead eye every try but everytime i only got the accuracy part)

Feel free to post here about which missions are giving you trouble. I can also provide you with a list of missions I went for.

I had very little trouble with the missions overall except for couple in chapter 4.