List games that you absolutely disliked, and why?!

daniel_flavia

darksiders was very bad, then like an idiot, i bought darksiders 2, playing it now :( it sucks

I am playing Darksiders now and this is now my 2nd attempt at it and I still don't really like it. Just enduring it as it's on my list and I hated seeing it at 6%.

Doubt I will grab the 2nd one as the 1st is not that good.

• Like 1

Uncharted Drakes Fortune: Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Naughty Dog's games (Crash Bandicoot series on PS1 and Jak and Daxter series on PS2) but I can't seem to get into Uncharted much at all. I don't like Nathan Drake as a character. And the gameplay is just terrible. The enemies just keep coming at you from all directions. You rarely have a break from the fighting. And can die with just a few hits. When you're being fired at from all directions it's hard to keep track of the enemies. I don't mind the platforming side of it when there aren't enemies around. It's just too much gunplay. 

Least they could've done is come up with some sort of lock on system for fighting enemies, You end up wasting ammo blindly firing at enemies hoping you'll get lucky and hit them. 

Infamous: I liked the concept of having powers over electricity. However... it does have it's flaws. The framerate is just rubbish and the graphics seem sloppy for a PS3 game. This was plagued by some of the same problems as Uncharted. Such as getting overwhelmed by enemies shooting at you from all directions. The Good or Evil concept seemed inconsequencial as those choices were only in certain scenes. When fighting enemies. Civilians get caught up in it all anyway so it doesn't matter. 

I'm reluctant to finish either of those games because of those problems. 

- inFAMOUS

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

- Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

- Chuck Rock

- Quest 64

- all Sonic the Hedgehog

- LittleBigPlanet

- Syphon Filter 3

- Haze

- Duck Hunt

- Columns 

- Jet Set Radio

- FarCry 2

- Alone in the Dark: Inferno

- Borderlands

- Killzone

- Killzone 3

- Ecco the Dolphin 

- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

- Mortal Kombat 3

- Mortal Kombat 4

- Rainbow Six (the original)

- Killer Instinct

- Tomb Raider (I haven't tried the recent one. I'm talking about the ones on PSOne and PS2)

- Assassin's Creed

- Bomberman

- Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

Metal Gear Solid 2 almost made the list.

Monster Rancher EVO, I love the MR franchise but this game is awuful, I can't even remember the story, and it was so easy, I defeated the last bost with standar monsters. All the copies of this game should be hunted down and burned.

Honestly, I would have to go with Oblivion. I just don't particularly like open world games without guidance. Really, I prefer linear games (only open world games I can tolerate are Mafia 2 and Saints Row and GTA, as its fun cruising around with music playing in the background). 

Personally, I don't come across many games I "dislike". I usually research a game beforehand, and if I don't think it's 'MY' thing, I'll avoid it.

One that I did actually dislike, has to be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Terrible aiming system, unrealistic (as in, not true to source material) spells, only a handful of enemies that look different from one another, constant shouting of spells, and boring repetitive gameplay. The missions it made you do at various parts felt pointless and tacked on to increase game length, the graphics, while not terrible, felt outdated and the less said about the stealth sections the better.

Overall, it was just a bad game.

Part 2, while still not that great, did at least improve some aspects.

I also didn't like NFS The Run very much. The story tried something new, and I did enjoy THAT aspect, but the actual driving felt heavy and clunky. The multiplayer also remains the most glitchy and buggy multiplayer I've ever played.

Sonic the hedgehog 06 / got it used SUPER cheap but.... you know the rest.

That one too. I got a few levels in, and didn't like it at all. I traded it in without ever finishing it, which says something because I usually NEVER trade in an unfinished game.

• Like 1

Final Fantasy series:

I've just never gotten the big deal and/or appeal of the Final Fantasy series. I want to love it, but the love just doesn't come naturally for me; I strongly dislike the combat system which might explain a lot. I admire the series, but it isn't for me. 

Assassin's Creed: Revelations and beyond:

Wow. Ubisoft really shot themselves in the foot, and then dangled their barbacue-smothered balls over an alligator's gaping mouth with the Assassin's Creed series. I will now sum-up the problems with the series: There's a serious lack of purposeful direction; the worlds and characters are woefully under-developed and one-dimensional; the games are rushed out and lack the necessary polish of PS3 games; it's completely devoid of originality, packed calamitous anachronisms and plot-holes and the characters are almost parodies. I could go on and on until I'm blue in the face - just like the series itself.

Batman: Arkham City:

Probably my least enjoyable platinum and the only platinum I obtained where I was consciously thinking whilst playing the game, "You don't even like this - why are you playing it?" I went against my own principles of never platting a game I dislike or aren't enjoying mainly because I shelled out €30 for the Game of the Year edition. My main grip is that it's dangerously repetitive, and its story is atrocious and generic. I do not understand for the life of me why it's so critically-acclaimed, but that's just my thoughts on it. 

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 1

Dishonoured. All my mates enjoyed it, but I just couldn't get into it. 

I can't see how buying a game and enjoying it makes you a sheep. For me (and apparently alot of other people) its one of the best games of the generation.

One thing, how can the last of us be the game of the generation when it came at the end of it?

Edited by shutyourmcface
  • Like 1

Dishonoured. All my mates enjoyed it, but I just couldn't get into it. 

I can't see how buying a game and enjoying it makes you a sheep. For me (and apparently alot of other people) its "one of the" best games of the generation.

One thing, how can the last of us be the game of the generation when it came at the end of it?

Just thought I'd highlight that bit for you. You seem to have missed it. I also think The Last of Us is ONE OF THE best games of this generation.

Edited by ShadowGandalf

Just thought I'd highlight that bit for you. You seem to have missed it. I also think The Last of Us is ONE OF THE best games of this generation but it's ok shutyourmcface, I still think you're awesome .

:ninja:  B)  :rolleyes:  :awesome:  :yay: Thanks

Edited by shutyourmcface
  • Like 1

I was trolling calm down.

Haha! The fact you consider me to be angry shows the ambiguity of the written language sometimes; I don't really care enough to get emotional over it, bud, I was just asking a question as I thought you'd genuinely made a really retarded statement. Guess not! 

Haha! The fact you consider me to be angry shows the ambiguity of the written language sometimes; I don't really care enough to get emotional over it, bud, I was just asking a question as I thought you'd genuinely made a really retarded statement. Guess not! 

I never considered you angry nor did I stated that in any of my posts.  I guess it was part my fault as it was a bad trolling joke. 

Edited by shutyourmcface

Sly 4 - Could have been fun but every time you entered a new area that damn turtle told you exactly what to do.  Where's the fun in that?

Far Cry 3 - Am I the only person who found this game boring?  Spent more time trying to find a way around hills (or dying by running down them and falling two inches) than anything interesting.  The multi-player system where you couldn't pick which chapter you wanted to play was the final straw in rage-selling it back to gamestop three trophies short of the plat.

Finally, someone has to explain the appeal of Mass Effect to me.  The third game was a ton of padding (getting your readiness score up by flying around and scanning every planet, that's fun?) and awful boss fights didn't get nearly enough crap from people who complained about Deus Ex.  Will admit that this was the only multi-player game I spent any time on.... up until it crashed and lost all my stats five kills short of the gold trophy.  And then the ending.....