Is the online still active?

I did the PS4 version of Revelations two years ago and I felt about doing the PS3 version, mostly because I bought this five years ago and I barely even touched the game before I moved to other titles.

I've taken a look at the online trophies and a good number of them can be obtained just playing with randoms, at least for the base game. For the DLC that's almost essentially boosting, since I don't think anyone else who doesn't trophy hunt will bother to try to get them legit, or stumble upon them as they're playing.

How active is the online? I hope to at some point soon try to get the online trophies done and out of the way.

Edited by Spaz

7 minutes ago, Fat Chocobo said:

Probably better off boosting.

this. especially games on the ps3. some are not populated enough.

if have enough consoles or people. it breaks down the barrier.

provided you have to do certain actions without input from a secondary controller.

Edited by lordguwa

The last 5 or 6 times I tried to access MP on weeknights I only found 1-2 others playing and didn’t get into a game. Good news is a gaming session will likely be all the players you encounter so you can get the boosting done without much interruption. 

I need to get around to finishing the MP of this game eventually as well. 

I was sincerely hoping that I wouldn't have to boost the base game trophies and only the DLC trophies, since the latter all look fairly simple to do. But since Revelations was re-released on the PS4 I feel that the player base has dropped significantly.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I was sincerely hoping that I wouldn't have to boost the base game trophies and only the DLC trophies, since the latter all look fairly simple to do. But since Revelations was re-released on the PS4 I feel that the player base has dropped significantly.

I doubt the PS4 release would impact the player base as the PS4 version has no multiplayer. The age of the game and release of ac3 and black flag (which have very similar multiplayer modes) is what’s killed it. 

My advice would be to make a boosting session and knock the trophies out real quick!

• Like 1

Just now, Warlord99956 said:

I doubt the PS4 release would impact the player base as the PS4 version has no multiplayer. The age of the game and release of ac3 and black flag (which have very similar multiplayer modes) is what’s killed it. 

My advice would be to make a boosting session and knock the trophies out real quick!

People still play Red Dead Redemption so your point is only half correct. The main reason is because it's on a last gen system, and most people can't be bothered to play on one or pay for Playstation Now to gain access some games in the PS3 lineup.

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

People still play Red Dead Redemption so your point is only half correct. The main reason is because it's on a last gen system, and most people can't be bothered to play on one or pay for Playstation Now to gain access some games in the PS3 lineup.

As I said - the age of the game. It’s not really the same as RDR either as there was no new version released on the same platform (unlike AC). Either way, the game is dead so boosting is the easiest and quickest option. Good luck with the trophies!

When I was playing it a little over a year ago, there were at least two or three active rooms you could join pretty handily. Can't see activity being much smaller--or indeed, bigger--now.

Doing it legit shouldn't be an impossibility, but considering the fact that the servers are mostly populated with people who've been playing it for years and know how to capitalize on gameplay flaws and weaknesses, it'll most likely be a very frustrating and tedious endeavour, especially since you can't use the same tactics on them due to equipment being tied to progression and things. 

I wouldn't--and indeed, did not--deem it worth the time and effort to do it the hard way, but it's up to you, man.

13 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

When I was playing it a little over a year ago, there were at least two or three active rooms you could join pretty handily. Can't see activity being much smaller--or indeed, bigger--now.

Doing it legit shouldn't be an impossibility, but considering the fact that the servers are mostly populated with people who've been playing it for years and know how to capitalize on gameplay flaws and weaknesses, it'll most likely be a very frustrating and tedious endeavour, especially since you can't use the same tactics on them due to equipment being tied to progression and things. 

I wouldn't--and indeed, did not--deem it worth the time and effort to do it the hard way, but it's up to you, man.

Well fuck. 

I was hoping to catch a break with the base game trophies. Sounds like I won’t. 

If you guys can list a Discord group I can join that is willing to boost Assassins Creed Revelations, send me a message or PM.

• 6 months later...

I've been playing the MP for the past week or so and in about four different sittings I had ZERO trouble finding a game in under one minute. So there are still players in game to allow you to get to level 20 "legit" without boosting. My experience has been that it is much harder to coordinate 6 players to boost than to just hit "Play Game" and have fun for a few hours. After about 2 or so hours playing casually, I'm at level 8.

On 10.11.2019 at 0:01 AM, ferginator88 said:

I've been playing the MP for the past week or so and in about four different sittings I had ZERO trouble finding a game in under one minute. So there are still players in game to allow you to get to level 20 "legit" without boosting. My experience has been that it is much harder to coordinate 6 players to boost than to just hit "Play Game" and have fun for a few hours. After about 2 or so hours playing casually, I'm at level 8.

It's pretty easy, if you have time, to reach level 20 through normal play, the explorer trophy without boosting is near impossible though,

Edited by ustakun
  • Like 1

Good to hear it's still somewhat active.

Once I finish up a few games I plan to come back to this.

I definitely want to finish up the base game online trophies. The DLC online to me is completely optional. I don't have to do it if I don't want to, but most of them all look pretty easy that you will earn once the multiplayer match is over. Having Assassins Creed Revelations at 100 percent on the PS3 would look pretty nice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.11.2019 at 11:05 AM, Spaz said:

Good to hear it's still somewhat active.

Once I finish up a few games I plan to come back to this.

I definitely want to finish up the base game online trophies. The DLC online to me is completely optional. I don't have to do it if I don't want to, but most of them all look pretty easy that you will earn once the multiplayer match is over. Having Assassins Creed Revelations at 100 percent on the PS3 would look pretty nice.

Multiplayer is actually dead. I couldn't connect to any mode in game. If you want to do online trophies your only option is boosting.

DLCs are easy to do. I completed them in around 2 hours.

21 minutes ago, MezmerizePL said:

Multiplayer is actually dead. I couldn't connect to any mode in game. If you want to do online trophies your only option is boosting.

DLCs are easy to do. I completed them in around 2 hours.

When I played online in June - August this year I was getting into matches with randoms. However they were the same two - three multiplayer modes, so I’m pretty much forced to do the rest of the modes boosting if I want that one online trophy. 

You will likely get to level 20 if you keep on playing. DLC from what I heard is completely dead and HAS to be boosted. With two - three boosting partners it’s all pretty self explanatory and straightforward.

With Uncharted 2 & 3 now unobtainable, it won’t be long before the PS3 servers for Assassins Creed Revelations will be shut down. 

I particularly hate boosting, but I have to do it if I want 100 percent on this game.

44 minutes ago, MezmerizePL said:

I’ve had times here and there I couldn’t get a full lobby, but I’ve had more times where I could. All the way up to two weeks ago, last time I tried. 
I wouldn’t call that actually dead. I would however highly encourage boosting to ensure you’ve got people to play when you want to. 

21 minutes ago, Spaz said:

With Uncharted 2 & 3 now unobtainable, it won’t be long before the PS3 servers for Assassins Creed Revelations will be shut down. 

What logic leads you to that conclusion? Just that they’re both on PS3? Has Ubisoft had a server closure push lately like Naughty Dog has?

I’m more inclined than ever to assume Ubi just leaves all the AC servers up indefinitely. 

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

What logic leads you to that conclusion? Just that they’re both on PS3? Has Ubisoft had a server closure push lately like Naughty Dog has?

I’m more inclined than ever to assume Ubi just leaves all the AC servers up indefinitely. 

It's inevitable.

Games like Unreal Tournament 3 had a revival and people tried to put online up for Demon's Souls so they can trade the items with other players. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves & Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception can still be played online if you utilize a certain method. From what I hear the treasures are unobtainable, thus making that 100 percent impossible if you didn't boost before early September this year.

The PS3 is an old and aging console. I get that. Just because Far Cry 2 has had it's online servers up for over 11 years doesn't mean they are going to be up indefinitely. The Uncharted games pretty much prove that no game on the PS3 is safe from having it's servers shut in the near future.

Of course the big companies like Ubisoft have their online servers up for their games longer than most others. That's one thing I can give them a lot of credit for. EA on the other hand has their games shut down within a couple years or so, particularly their sports games as I found out the hard way back when I played on the Xbox 360.

People may see this post and try to counter it by saying "Well you can play these games on PlayStation Now". That service is a poor substitute, many games have been added and removed off of that list.

Edited by Spaz

• 3 months later...