Startyde

Welp, someone really borked this trophy list

93 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Not sure how you could think it's Sony when things like Ratalika, My Name is Mayo, that one game that was pulled because it basically put in the description that it was selling a plat, etc get plats by virtue of the devs just wanting to base their entire business model on easy to get platinum trophies. I just don't think these companies give a shit about it. Wouldn't be surprised if a plat costs a bit more to do and they pass for that reason alone.

of course it's sony's fault. they are the platform holder and they allow this shit to slide. why else would the mentioned game all have 1000 points on another platform? in fact megaman legacy collection 1 has more achievements on 2 other platforms than on sony. capcom even mentioned that on their twitch livestream that for whatever reason, sony dont allow them to have a platinum for that collection. maybe sony just dont treat all these old ass games that originated on other platforms 1st as actual games. who knows.

lol... you would think that this one man developer have the money to pay more for a platinum in their games? if it's really that, i would believe all the EA and activision games would have no platinum no more.

6 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I'm well aware of where I am posting. It just saddens me when I see the no plat no buy comments. People used to play games for fun not for a digital trophy. Yes I realise trophies can be fun but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Now you can release a crap game with an easy stacking plat trophy and that'll sell well. Release a good game without one or a hard plat and it'll be avoided. It's the side of the whole achievement system I dislike.

Personally now I see 100% as complete. Not a platinum. They've become so devalued.

Now about this trophy list. I'm not bothered about the missing platinum but I would of liked to see more trophies.

I dont think trophies are to blame here, ur on a trophy website so naturally a lot of us on here find trophies fun

As I said earlier, if somebody is using trophies as a reason not to buy, then that person clearly will not find the games fun without it, they are not truly invested, wherever else the game has, it will not be fun enough for them to warrant a buy!

If I REALLY want a game, I will buy no matter, but if im on the fence, if something is missing that I enjoy, then I wont buy simple as because some of what I find fun is missing.

Trophies is 1 of many reasons, that is all.

And talking of enjoyment, if somebody buys an easy plat, its because they know trophies will allow them to enjoy the game, have fun, thats the value.

Some find trophies fun!! People wouldnt torture themselves, they know they will enjoy the journey.

Me personally, if im on the fence abt  a game, things that will put me off are;

- If the game relies too much on a online feature.

- If the game is a grind.

- Lack of trophies.

- Too much RNG.

The above are things I know will make me enjoy a game less, so if anything above is a factor, it will pus me away. Thats not too say any of the above are a disgrace to gaming. Depending how much on the fence I am depend on if 1 or more of the factors are enough to deter me.

Its up to the Devs to pull in as many players, if they dont do that, thats on them. Thas the things with games now, they is so much content, we have come to expect.....a lot!

But the truth is, there is aa lot that enjoy what I dont, there will always be players that disike a game because of this or thats its impossible to make a game that EVERYBODY likes

Edited by Optinooby

14 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Part of me kinda digs it when I see a list like this. A huge subsection of gamers will dismiss it immediately. Those who do play it will soon realise just how hard the challenge is. Most will try and fail to 100% this but there will be a few people crazy enough to beat each game, one by one, for a measly bronze each time. When you beat Super Meat Boy or I Am Bread at least you have a platinum to show for it that you can proudly display prominently in your trophy cabinet. This list will just get lost over time down your profile. Buried and forgotten about, with barely any impact on your trophy level. If I see this game at 100% in your collection then count me impressed.

This is why I value some 100 percent games more than a lot of platinums. 

I would bet top dollar that you would see more people play Sonic Mania if it had a platinum. 

13 hours ago, rotoninja said:

So basically people on here can't express when the don't like something, only when they like something.

This is a horrible trophy list. I don't mind difficult trophy lists, I don't mind non-platinum lists, but combining the two for a retro collection in which only half the games are somewhat good is pretty off-putting. I've beaten 1-4 back in the day, and only 4 is only worth re-visiting...sorry, the juice is not worth the squeeze with this one.

I’ve been on here for 5 years and I’ve used forum websites for 15 years now. I know the gist of things. 

I cannot say I’m a huge fan of Castlevania and I will fully admit that this list is disappointing compared to Requiem. 

But, and I say but, we judge games and collections on trophies far too much. 

It is simply pathetic that people outright skipped Hitman 2 because it doesn’t have a platinum. People said the same thing on Sonic Mania. But they also complain when something like ‘Mein Leben’ comes up and then they gripe that they will never get that trophy. 

Too many people just outright skip games based on their trophy list without even giving them a chance. I played through Wolfenstein 2 once. I felt it wasn’t as good as Wolfenstein The New Order, but it was still decent. 

It’s complete bogus that an old Konami arcade shooter collection gets a platinum and yet the classic Castlevania collection doesn’t. Going by what people have said here they might as well just ban 100 percent trophy lists, give more trophy points to DLC content and have anything with a platinum.

There’s no standard anymore, I think that standard died out when we transitioned to the PS4 era, and now any shitty Ratalalika game can get a platinum with 10 - 11 gold trophies while lists like the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection don’t get one. And since it’s non-platinum, it gets pushed to the back burner. 

If it doesn’t have a platinum you push away people. If it’s difficult, you push away more people. 

I have the utmost respect for those who can get difficult 100 percents like Cloudberry Kingdom done.

15 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Pretty disappointed the list is so easy, was hoping for something actual hard to do

That's a problem best left in your private life...

Copy paste my comment from my Xbox Trueachievements page:

"The game menus work just fine for me. It's not the same as the Arcade Classics. You have a few options for screen aspect ratio, as well as background borders to choose from. 6 of the games has a Password system, while the other 2 require you to play from start to finish in one play. There's no rewind as far as I can see, but the save state option exist at least. The version I downloaded from the store is the Japanese version, and Simon's Quest remained the English version, while the 7 other games were Japanese ports. Quick and simple if you know exactly what you're doing~"

Also, one achievement got a broken time stamp which added 7 hours into the actual time that I popped the achievement and that was "beat CV3 with Alucard" but that was probably an error on the Xbox side. Secondly, 3 achievements were not appearing or scanned properly to the websites either and those were the Bloodlines and SCV4 cheevos.

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Castlevania-Anniversary-Collection/achievements?gamerid=284902

For those wondering about how you can download it, the Japanese store on xbox had it up at 3:00am Europe time. I can't say about the other game stores but I was able to play just fine at least.

Edited by VixyNyan

Dude this game will sell like hotcakes on Switch, while PS4 won't get that many sales based on the responses on this thread.

11 minutes ago, Necroadr said:

Dude this game will sell like hotcakes on Switch, while PS4 won't get that many sales based on the responses on this thread.

It’s technically a re-release of the old Castlevania games all bundled in a collection. 

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

It’s technically a re-release of the old Castlevania games all bundled in a collection. 

Exactly, that's what makes it great. It also includes a digital book with story bits, art, etc., but since there's no trophy for reading that most people won't care.

Does this have savestates like the arcade collection did? Or at least a manual save so you can quit out and retry on deaths? 

The games are hard, but not that hard. Unless savescumming is a major PITA, I don't see this being a very difficult 100%. Time-consuming, but the games are all great except maybe Kid Dracula and CV II: Simon's Quest.

Edited by scary_atheist

43 minutes ago, scary_atheist said:

Does this have savestates like the arcade collection did? Or at least a manual save so you can quit out and retry on deaths? 

The games are hard, but not that hard. Unless savescumming is a major PITA, I don't see this being a very difficult 100%. Time-consuming, but the games are all great except maybe Kid Dracula and CV II: Simon's Quest.

Considering most of them use passwords systems can you just enter the old passwords to beat those games and get the trophies? Might see some skewed results because of that compared to the ones that don't use them. 

46 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Considering most of them use passwords systems can you just enter the old passwords to beat those games and get the trophies? Might see some skewed results because of that compared to the ones that don't use them. 

Yes, the passwords work. I do not own a PS4, but it works on Xbox for sure. 5 of the games have the exact same passwords no matter if you picked International or Japanese version of the Collection, however, the old passwords for Kid Dracula only seem to work on Japanese version, since the new translated English version has changed the password pattern algorithm completely. Castlevania NES and Castlevania the Adventure GB doesn't have password or stage select, so you have to play those from start to finish, but they are very short games so no problems at all really. :3

On 15/5/2019 at 6:08 AM, Icebrand1270 said:

Before the "deserving/undeserving" debate grows to epic proportions for the hundredth time, I'll just say that this will be on par with Mega Man Legacy Collection as one of the most difficult PSN 100s ever, due to its incredible old-school difficulty.

That said, I am picking this one up as 2 of the first games I ever saw through to the end as a kid were Dracula's Curse and Castlevania The Adventure. Enter nostalgia, pain and younger fans realizing what old-school tough really is all about. I love it!

nah its gunna get a lot more easier than mega man collection already beat most of the games on their consoles some time back 

and now i beat 2 of the games in the collection

On 5/15/2019 at 8:49 PM, BuTTBR41N said:

of course it's sony's fault. they are the platform holder and they allow this shit to slide. why else would the mentioned game all have 1000 points on another platform? in fact megaman legacy collection 1 has more achievements on 2 other platforms than on sony. capcom even mentioned that on their twitch livestream that for whatever reason, sony dont allow them to have a platinum for that collection. maybe sony just dont treat all these old ass games that originated on other platforms 1st as actual games. who knows.

lol... you would think that this one man developer have the money to pay more for a platinum in their games? if it's really that, i would believe all the EA and activision games would have no platinum no more.

You don't believe lazy, greedy companies wouldn't bother to pay extra for something that means literally nothing? M'kay.

It's not that they can't "afford" it, it's that they wouldn't care to waste extra money for something that means nothing. If that's even how it works.

It's not Sony, otherwise there'd be no reliable way to build a business on easy platinums. In yet, you can. Clearly you can get a platinum if you ACTUALLY WANT ONE. Otherwise, companies like Rata couldn't build a business off it. They'd have to worry that their next game(s) don't get a plat. Yet they always do. Many plats for all the regions and platforms too. Gee, almost like they want them and get them or something...

Edited by Elvick_

On 15.5.2019 at 4:19 PM, SnowxSakura said:

well it's not like these games are hard, minus maybe CV3. If the password screen is still in there, you could skip to the final level of every game and just beat it for each of the trophies

The first Castlevania on the Gameboy isn't easy either. Good luck beating it without savestate or infinite lives.

All the old classic games I have in my trophy profile have had a save feature or rewind of some sort, and this is no different. 

This collection is no different, so the trophies won’t be as difficult to get. I give major respect and props to all those kids who grew up in the NES era and were able to beat these games legit.