platinum possible with randoms?

steel6burgh

I've done some of the insane with randoms but have failed far more than I've succeeded, most randoms are either clueless to what to do on insane & keep rushing into your line of fire or running off alone etc or just plain troll with intentional team killing, item whoring etc.

Sometimes you find that rare good team mate who can help you carry the other 2 but they are few & far between in my experience.

My experience with the randoms in that game is just horrible surely when it came to trophies .. so happy they adding private groups now...many times they just stand around and dont do anything, so mostly you fail because one whole person is missing , or they shoot you on purpose  or things like that .. maybe I was just unlucky .. remember when I tried go for trophy to dont heal :the random healed me end of mission when we were done and were just waiting on helicopter so I didnt got trophy .. got so mad xD

• Like 1

If you need any help hit me up. I've barely touched the game because I can't find anyone to play with. This applies to anyone on this thread, I'll play with anyone. 

PSN: aZombieDictator (just send me a message)

I haven't played much so I'm definitely gonna need to level my stuff to tackle insane though.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 1

So I've experienced another problem, deliberate team killing. Tonight I encountered a player specifically joining games just to team kill, I was unfortunate enough to come across him in 4 different lobbies. The first game he played normally until the final stand & then deliberately team killed & then suicided. After that I was unlucky enough that he joined several other games I was in & as he spawns with a heavy shotgun from his loadout, there was very little anyone could do to stop him immediately team killing & then quitting again.

There is literally no option to report behaviour like this in game & most players either don't know how to use the kick option or abuse it to kick people for the hell of it.

5 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Is it possible to platinum this game with random matchmaking or am I going to need a group to play it with that is more coordinated? 

i did it with randoms as well but i recommend joining matches with lvl 30 class players or at least close to max lvl. for ex if you see a lvl 10 gunslinger, lvl 6 exterminator and a lvl 5 medic then they're just playing insane for the credits or they're in way over their heads. but if you find for ex lvl 30 fixer, lvl 30 medic and a lvl 27 gunslinger then give it a try. also, look for the overall player lvl next to their avatar top screen. if you find a lobby where all players are in their 200's w/ max lvl classes then def jump in. they're experienced 

1 hour ago, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

i did it with randoms as well but i recommend joining matches with lvl 30 class players or at least close to max lvl. for ex if you see a lvl 10 gunslinger, lvl 6 exterminator and a lvl 5 medic then they're just playing insane for the credits or they're in way over their heads. but if you find for ex lvl 30 fixer, lvl 30 medic and a lvl 27 gunslinger then give it a try. also, look for the overall player lvl next to their avatar top screen. if you find a lobby where all players are in their 200's w/ max lvl classes then def jump in. they're experienced 

I’ve joined a few lobbies on Insane and it was all people that were WAY in over their heads. The people were around player level 10 - 20...

The thing about this game is it isn’t 100% skill based. You can be the greatest gamer ever, but you still need to be leveled up in order to reasonably tackle Insane difficulty. People figure “oh, I’m good at video games, I can handle the hardest difficulty” and it ends up destroying them. Taking the time to level up your classes and weapons is one of the only things that will see us through this difficulty :shakefist:

I definitely agree about checking levels first, I’ve ended up leaving lobbies before readying up if I see everyone is really low leveled. It’s going to be a waste of time and we’ll all be massacred.

• Like 2

I've finished episode one (all chapters) in one sitting with 2 good randoms and a decent one, we only failed once at th end of chapter 3, bcz th turrents killed all of us, turrents not zombies hahaha ^_^, then we made it in th next try.

This is the online good experience i have with randoms.

If you wanna play this is my id: iMouaad

I play as Lvl30 fixer.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 0:54 AM, littleprincessJJ said:

My experience with the randoms in that game is just horrible surely when it came to trophies .. so happy they adding private groups now...many times they just stand around and dont do anything, so mostly you fail because one whole person is missing , or they shoot you on purpose  or things like that .. maybe I was just unlucky .. remember when I tried go for trophy to dont heal :the random healed me end of mission when we were done and were just waiting on helicopter so I didnt got trophy .. got so mad xD

I actually dropped World War Z for the reasons you said lol

Update: for post patch, I feel like it is nearly impossible to complete Insane difficulty on any level, especially with randoms. The game has been made even more difficult.

On the bright side, they added private lobbies so you can put together a team to do the Insane missions. Still, it’ll be absolute hell from what I can tell. Godspeed to anyone attempting this. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

Update: for post patch, I feel like it is nearly impossible to complete Insane difficulty on any level, especially with randoms. The game has been made even more difficult.

On the bright side, they added private lobbies so you can put together a team to do the Insane missions. Still, it’ll be absolute hell from what I can tell. Godspeed to anyone attempting this. 

They increased difficulty ? Didnt readed anything about that Oo.. u sure they worked on difficulty ? 

1 hour ago, littleprincessJJ said:

They increased difficulty ? Didnt readed anything about that Oo.. u sure they worked on difficulty ? 

Yeah, in the patch notes thread on here we’ve been discussing difficulty changes.

Bulls seem to spawn in groups of 2 now, regardless of difficulty level. You thought one was bad? Try his twin brother as well.

The patch notes talked about changing how the  game decided to drop in hordes. It changed the frequency (which seems to be more often imo, at least on Tokyo 3) and made them “more dense, but shorter.”

I’ve been failing hard difficulty missions left and right now, where I used to just breeze through them before the Undead Sea patch. There’s definitely been a shift, and it was acknowledged in the patch notes by the devs as well.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:37 AM, ResoluteRock said:

the plat difficulty has a lot of contrast compared to when the game launched. initially you could do insane solo w/ the bots, skip buying lvl 2,3 and 4 weapons once lvl 5 was available for purchase. and now the amped up difficulty of insane playthroughs. glad i got mine a couple weeks ago. it's a bit more brutal for plat hunters just getting the game now. although at least it is much more stable now

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 10:44 PM, milanbarca82 said:

Any tips for the current "Insane" playthrough?  What class should I play as?  What skills should I use? ..etc

You messaged me randomly on PSN (I've never played with you so you must have gotten my name from here to ask) to ask for tips & advice.

Despite the randomness, I took the time to reply in a detailed multi-part message suggesting the best perks for each class & the best classes, things to look out for etc.

This was 2 days ago & all you did was completely ignore me in return, no acknowledgement or even a thanks for the time I took to reply. I can see you've been on as you've been earning trophies so it's not like you haven't had the opportunity to. 

I was even going to offer to help you with some of them when you replied, obviously that's not going to happen now. Courtesy goes a long way.

• Like 1