New DLC Incoming!

Viper

4 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Egoism in this post has no limits. You have absolutely no way of knowing how happy I am with my account. I play games as long as I enjoy them, whether the game ends up at 5% or 100% means absolutely nothing to me. If the game is good and I enjoy it, I sure play it even if I 100%. I don't see anything to be proud of forcing myself to play games to 100% (your words) if I don't feel like it just for the sake of 100% it rather than enjoying the game.

I don't see how anything I said was egoistic, but ok. I'm absolutely sure my trophies makes me happier than yours do you, because every struggle I had represents a journey that I've had and successfully surpassed but what have you? Tell me the stories of the grinds you have endured, the difficulties you have surpassed, the struggles you overcame.

I could tell you the story of when I started playing Warhawk the week they announced closure and I got it done in 2 weeks because of sheer fear of shutdown.

I could tell you the story of how much I struggled and felt hopeless about every completing Super Meat Boy, but then I endured, persevered and eventually completed it on stream with my friends cheering for me.

I could tell you the story of how much I raged at Downwell and felt the game was incredibly unfair on Hard Mode, but yet I perservered and surpassed that mode.

I could tell you how many flawless raids I've helped on Destiny 1, how many DLC raids I've helped, how many hours I've played, the people I've met, the bonds I've build, etc.

I could tell you how much trash I'm at fighting games and yet I dreamt about completing BattleFantasia one day. How I couldn't pull the combos that people recommended and had to find out my own. How I found another strat to punish Deathbringer or about the day I finally beaten that dude flawlessly.

I could tell you a lot of stories that my trophies reminds me of, when I look at them. They bring me a lot of happiness. I look back with a lot of pride over everything I've achieved. Everything is a memory that I've built as a gamer and mostly as a person, someone who is capable of achieving as long as does not give up.

Do you feel hapiness looking at games you didn't care to 100%? I could understand relief, from no longer playing games you dislike, but happiness? I cannot understand how can someone feel happy by that, but maybe I'm just overthinking it. Maybe you just don't care to play games to challenge yourself, to reach new highs and meet new potentials. Maybe you just don't game for the same reasons that I do and that's my fault for assuming. Apologies about that if that's the case.

5 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Your illusion that people having 100% profiles makes them happier and prouder doesn't even deserve a comment. It doesn't make you a better person or a better gamer. It's actually you going personal with that statement and assuming you know how others feel about their profile compared to your almighty one.

I haven't said I'm a better gamer or I have a better profile. Please don't put words in my mouth. What I said is that by my standarts, I feel 

5 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Almost never companies reveal their plans beyond the current game. You are talking about season passes and dlcs tied to the current title. This dlc is something different, it serves as a bridge between the second and the third installment. What you are asking companies to do is simply having them reveal with Borderlands 1 there is going to be Borderlands 2, then a few years later DLC, and then Borderlands 3. Lots of times companies simply can't predict how successful the game is going to be, especially new IPs, so they have no way of knowing they will be making the second one or the third one. 

I haven't said anything beyond current game either, only the actual current game. Stop twisting the things I say. Same thing as above.

I only said that I like to know what I'll be having to go through before starting to do so, which is the reason why I wait games to be completely finished before playing them. I'm waiting for Overwatch to finish, I'm waiting for Killing Floor 2, Rocket League, The Division 2 and many others. I'm a patient person.

Me, and others if you saw the previous replies, just thought that the game was finished when we played it. This getting more content was not within our plans and we got a little frustrated because of it and we wanted somewhere to vent about it. I don't think there was any need to go out and start a fight with people just because of that, are people not allowed to be upset anymore, specially with a company that blocked several people from 100%ing the JAP PS3 game? The other dude said this was a gift and I just replied that wasn't a gift, it was a marketing strategy and then he went ahead to twist what I said as if I was saying free content was a bad thing (I never said that).

I've spent over an hour writing and rewriting this to make sure I'm not going to be misunderstood again, because I find to be very sad when I'm saying one thing and people are understanding something else. Honestly, if you still misunderstand what I've said (or twist it), I'm just not going to bother replying back. It's going to be brazilian's valentines tonight and I don't want to waste more time in pointless internet discussion when I can just be going out and having fun. Do reply if you think you can have a sensible conversation, but if you just gonna output more angry blocks of texts, I'll unfortunately leave the conversation.

• Like 1

I just saw this yesterday. I thought it was only free on Xbox. I started playing it last night and it is really good and funny. I;m going to have to download it on playstation now too to play it with my friend. This is awesome and it's free :)

On 6/10/2019 at 4:37 PM, danceswithsloths said:

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

a dev team actually wants to supply more content to a game that is still active, and people are gonna whine cuz the they think the games too old? or cuz it messes with their precious completion? wow. just... wow.

Wow yeah I was reading the thread. People are mad because of trophies?  lol

I love Borderlands. I played it on PS3, Vita, PS4 and Xbox.  And they gave us this for free. :)

Edited by SuzyRed
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 4:52 PM, Jester695 said:

Thanks sir (or madam).

You can also get a really fun shotgun from a special horse that shoots said special horse as ammo if u have the medallion from the dnd like dlc

On 6/11/2019 at 1:11 AM, DARKB1KE said:

It's just Yuri, the guy bitches and complains about everything not up to par with his OCD. 

Precisely.  Trophy hunters are a SLIM minority of the gamer population.  Most gamers don't even care about trophies or completion.  They certainly are not obsessed like some of the members on this site seem to be.  I see it for the simple gesture that it is, a nice way to promote their new game and increase sales.  It's a genius strategy actually and quite awesome. 

Yes cause a slim minority of folks care about trophy hunting.... On a trophy hunting website ;)

the DLC can be finished start to finish in a day. uranus bot cannot be farmed until you turn in that one quest but it took maybe 5 tries to get grenade mod. 1 raid boss kill for a weapon plus random drops for everything else i also agree even at lvl 50 fighting that raid boss he will heal very fast if you dont attack him constantly (rainbow weapons dont have to be the same to count for the achievement rainbow connection)

Edited by lordguwa