E3 2019: Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Known as Project Z, a new Dragon Ball Z Action RPG it's been officially given the new title of Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot being developed by CyberConnect2.

CyberConnect2 is perhaps best known for the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series of games for Bandai Namco.

EDIT: Here's an interview with an open-world gameplay

Edited by TugaSonic
Changed to PlayStation Trailer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It looked pretty and all but not a lot of substance to it imo.

Though, it's made by the same people as the Ninja Storm series, so I'm mildly interested.

I just hope that it won't be a cutscene game, there seemed to be some fighting parts in the trailer so I'm staying positive

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

A shame it wont be on the PS4... cause right at the end there, only shows the Xbox One.  Unless of course, it gets updated to say so otherwise.

This official reveal trailer from Playstation says otherwise

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkyMason said:

A Dragon Ball Z game where you get to relive the events of the Frieza saga? This is amazing, why didn't they think of this sooner!?

And Raditz saga with Vegeta and Nappa ? But maybe that's only how far they've completed currently, since the game releases next year

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, thank you for telling me about that.  Only posts I had seen were from the Microsoft side of things so far.  But good to know :)

You scared me a bit there so had to check hehe

9 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I just hope that it won't be a cutscene game, there seemed to be some fighting parts in the trailer so I'm staying positive

Don't want a repeat of Dragon Ball Ultimate Tenkaichi. That game was basically a glorified cutscene game since all you do is punch and go through a rock, paper, scissors game and the story you had fights that stopped mid-way to show a cutscene of what happens in the anime.

7 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, thank you for telling me about that.  Only posts I had seen were from the Microsoft side of things so far.  But good to know :)

The game was already announced previously for Steam, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 when it was simply known as Project Z. Since its name and gameplay reveal was done at Microsoft's conference you only get things from their side for now. Microsoft really doesn't want to reveal anything for their competitors since anything they show only says that it comes out on Xbox and PC not mentioning anything else be it PlayStation or Nintendo.

Am I the only one who isn't excited for this? I mean come on, we all know the story of Goku by now! Every game has gone though the story and I just think it's lazy that they give us a nice idea of a RPG game but we all know the plot to it don't we? I'd much rather our own character (with a voice and doesn't just nod) going though the story and altering around you. I've craved a game like that since I was a teenager and I had hopes when they finally gave us character creation in Xenoverse. Well Ultimate Tenkaichi did too but it wasn't fleshed out much. Course I'll buy it but after a big price drop, since story is a big part in gaming for me and I'll know this plot.

• Like 2

Just now, TugaSonic said:

The game was already announced previously for Steam, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 when it was simply known as Project Z. Since its name and gameplay reveal was done at Microsoft's conference you only get things from their side for now. Microsoft really doesn't want to reveal anything for their competitors since anything they show only says that it comes out on Xbox and PC not mentioning anything else be it PlayStation or Nintendo.

Huh, that does make sense as well.  But thanks for clearing it up some more as well.

58 minutes ago, KaiserVendrix said:

Am I the only one who isn't excited for this? I mean come on, we all know the story of Goku by now! Every game has gone though the story and I just think it's lazy that they give us a nice idea of a RPG game but we all know the plot to it don't we? I'd much rather our own character (with a voice and doesn't just nod) going though the story and altering around you. I've craved a game like that since I was a teenager and I had hopes when they finally gave us character creation in Xenoverse. Well Ultimate Tenkaichi did too but it wasn't fleshed out much. Course I'll buy it but after a big price drop, since story is a big part in gaming for me and I'll know this plot.

No, you're not the only one. It was in Xenoverse 2 right at the start when I asked why we have to do the Saiyan Saga all over again. I'd just like something original, like Plan to Eliminate the Saiyans way back when. Sure, they reused villains, but it at least had a different story.

1 hour ago, KaiserVendrix said:

Good thing I'm not the only one like that

I don't get the point why people are excited for this . It's looks like a generic lazy Unpolished Anime Game following the same story of DBZ I mean what the hell we've seen this a million times, there's a million game about the origin story of Dragonball . Xenoverse? UT?

At least FighterZ actually was a good fighting game (one of my favourite Genres) and while the Story were repetitive, at least it has some fan service interactions between characters 

While I'm not a DBZ Fan but I still found these conversations enjoyable . And even if i was a DBZ Fan I wouldn't get excited for project Z . I mean come on you played the exact same shit a million times now

10 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

Added new video showing the open-world gameplay to the first post.

I'm glad I stayed positive, looks so good! Open world, quests, character levels, fighting, items... Leaning towards a day 1 buy!

Seems really similar to that One Piece Unlimited World Red game, which I really enjoyed

Edited by Erkawest

I don't know why people keep lumping Xenoverse into the "DB games that retell the show" pile. If anything Xenoverse is the one series that tried to do something completely different. 

Anyways, this is a double edged sword for me. On one hand, I love the idea of an actual DBZ RPG (on console), but on the other...I'm with other people, I'm long since over replaying the show. This would have been a nice alternative, waiting for Xenoverse 3...but if I'm just doing the same old thing...then I'm in no hurry.

But like most shit from E3...WE NEED GAMEPLAY! 

Edited by Viper

18 hours ago, Erkawest said:

But the second vid shows gameplay?

Yes well...I guess that's what I get for not clicking on both videos. ?

With that, I do like what I see here. I'm still not keen replaying the story. But this doesn't look bad at all.