WARNING: Global Save corrupted - file deleted

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Can backups to PS+ cloud really save time trials and unlocks from being deleted?

Yes. Just do every trial 3 times (at least) and once you beated Oxide - upload a save to PS+. If game will crash - download from PS+

Edited by DrWho123456

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

People from Beenox/Activision are collecting feedback and bug reports here: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled-Feedback-and-Bug-Reporting/

I have already reported the issue with save files getting corrupted but if more people report it, the faster they will (hopefully) fix it.

"REPORT A BUG IN CRASH TEAM RACING NITRO-FUELED leads me to Black Ops 4 Bug report ... how can I report site bugs? :D 

30 minutes ago, mistersinister4 said:

what's even worse is that all my adventure mode data survived for some reason and only the time trials were lost.

Also all your unlockable customizations from adventure mode are now locked (if you completed it) despite the adventure mode data being recovered

I had just finished the penultimate time trial and as soon as it would appear the menu to choose to repeat the race, choose the lane or leave, I quickly put down to the second option that is to choose another lane, at this point it does an auto-save the game caught on this transition, did not even press the option to choose another phase, it froze soon in the auto-save. When I opened the game again it showed the message of GLOBAL SAVE CORRUPTED and all the rewards and mainly TIME TRIAL TIMES have been deleted, the ONLY thing that is not deleted are the pit stop coins and the things bought with them, the campaign save it remains there, but it becomes useless, for it is all completed, but all the rewards from it are closed.

Yeah.. I guess the best would be to wait for a patch. I'm going on holiday this week so will be waiting, hopefully a patch fixes it during the week. 

Could this issue in time trials be related to some map? What map did you guys finish before it crashed?

Edited by Erkawest

On 24.6.2019 at 1:41 PM, Erkawest said:

Really sorry to hear! It's crazy that time trials are doing this...

Can backups to PS+ cloud really save time trials and unlocks from being deleted? @SnowNinjaRaccoon

Well... it can but it won't help you in a long shot. I did it after each race but my savefile keep getting corrupted very often and after getting the trophy I simply deleted it and started from a scratch. After having the platinum I'd rather re-do all the stuff slowly instead of destroying the gaming experience for myself by having the game freeze and corrupt my save file each 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, SnipeBear_ said:

Ooof thanks for the heads up! I will stay offline for now

I have played a lot of online and only crashed once since patch 1.02, didn't get corrupt save file.

You should be more cautious about time trials.

2 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I have played a lot of online and only crashed once since patch 1.02, didn't get corrupt save file.

You should be more cautious about time trials.

Thankfully mine didn't crash during Time Trials and I was able to get the Platinum. Really sorry for those who got their save file corrupted. Only happened to me once on Splinter Cell: Blacklist and I know how much it sucks :(

Edited by bpmotard

11 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Well... it can but it won't help you in a long shot. I did it after each race but my savefile keep getting corrupted very often and after getting the trophy I simply deleted it and started from a scratch. After having the platinum I'd rather re-do all the stuff slowly instead of destroying the gaming experience for myself by having the game freeze and corrupt my save file each 10 minutes.

Im kinda confused by your wording. Will backing up the save work or will you always lose the time trials times? thanks for the clarification

52 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Im kinda confused by your wording. Will backing up the save work or will you always lose the time trials times? thanks for the clarification

I suppose he means that the more progress you get - the often save may get corrupted. I played two online game today and it was fine, nothing crashed.

4 hours ago, MATT_THE_FLY said:

About to go to the store and pick up a copy of the game. Should I avoid playing it until there's a patch rolled out that definitively fixes the bug? I'm really tempted to jump right in and race online. 

Nope online seems to be fixed, so you're good to go. I have played several races every day since release and haven't had any issues since patch 1.02

The good news is, Activision Support (and hopefully Beenox too) knows about this issue. Unfortunately, Beenox has yet to acknowledge it in one way or another.

Also, it looks like the bug only affects PS4 players and not XBOX/Switch players. Might be also related to extra PS4 content.

Those who crashed, have you guys unlocked the Electron skins or played the Retro Stadium map?

Maybe you are using that PS4 feature which allows the game to stay in background even if the console is in sleep mode?

Edited by HusKy

15 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

What I mean is: Even if you restore your savefile from the cloud, it may still keep crashing. For me even often with each restoration.

I can give you only one tip: if your savefile gets corrupted, delete it before you restore your old save from cloud. If you simply overwrite the corrupted data the frequency of crashing will be unbearable.

• Like 1