Trophy percentage different when moused over?

Hello PSNProfiles

When I mouse over a trophy in a game page, the percentage of people who have earned that trophy changes, and often the rarity changes as well. For example, the Defender of Humanity trophy in XCOM 2 says 5.07% Very Rare but when I have the mouse on it so that it shows the pyramid, it says 1.8% Ultra Rare. Why does this happen? What's the difference in what the percentages represent? Thanks in advance.

The percentages you see first are taken from users on PSNPROFILES.

The percentages you see when you have the mouse on them are the percentages on PSN. Basically what you see in the XMB on your Playstation 4.

As you know, most people aren't trophy hunters.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, swiftsausages72 said:

Whenever you hover over a particular trophy, the rarity and percentage change. For example for Bloodborne, the platinum is at 22.12% and uncommon. But when you hover over it, it shows 5.6% and very rare. This happens for everything. What does this show? Just curious to know

The rarity shown when hovering over a trophy is the PSN wide rarity I believe, the one you see normally is the rarity among people on this site.

Edited by jpwbjpwb
A spelling mistake.
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, x2umd said:

are you seriously asking this question? man, life will be harsh to you.

So unnecessary. 

14 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Hes obviously new to the site,  I didn't know the difference when I first joined either.  I don't see how knowing what both of these numbers means has anything to do with how hard life is going to be.

The bigger number is usually PSNProfiles percentage,  mostly trophy hunters join this website so the number better reflects how hard a game with be because more people here will complete their games.

The second one is all of PlayStation network, so everyone with a playstation and that game. Most people don't care about trophies so the number will usually be a much lower percentage.

Thanks. Really appreciated. I was thinking it had to be something like that but was not sure, thanks for the explanation. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This might be a stupid question but, when looking at trophy lists, there is one rarity percentage displayed for the trophies. However, when you hover the cursor over the trophy it displays a second, usually lower, percentage along with a pyramid icon. I think I can rightly assume that the first percentage is the rarity among owners of the game but the second percentage makes no sense to me.

The numbers, Mason, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Edited by TheSkyIsTeal

13 minutes ago, TheSkyIsTeal said:

WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

One number is the PSNP rarity (a more accurate rarity based around trophy enthusiasts). The other number is the PSN rarity, meaning everyone who ever played the game.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Could someone please explain to me how the trophy percentages work on this website. 

Beside a trophy it might for example say 5.5% and then when you hover the mouse over it it drops down to a much lower percentage like 0.2%. 
Is the higher score the percentage of game owners who own the trophy in my region (UK) and the lower score the percentage of my friends who own it?

Or is it worldwide and then regional?

I can't work it out and these are my best educated guesses. 

Any ideas what the official answer is?

Thanks for you help peeps :)

• Like 1

The low one is PSNs number, which is based on all game owners.

The high one is PSNProfiles number, which is based only on this site’s game owners.

Unless it’s dlc, in which case the lower number is PSNs data, and the high number is dictated to a jungle frog by a passing space-alien, then conveyed to this site’s owner via the medium of interpretive dance.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

When I open a trophy list of a game (for "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" in the example below) I can't figure out what these percentages mean for each trophy.

For example the first trophy is "Take a Break". On the right next to the completion date it says "44.28% uncommon", but when I hover over it with my mouse pointer, is shows "9.9% very rare, and a pyramid icon highlighting the second line from above.". 

Can anyone please explain what these numbers mean?

Thx!

• 4 weeks later...

hey dont know if this has been spoken about in the forum before as can't see it but when you hover your mouse over the number for what the percent is for that trophy how come is says to different numbers if anyone know can they let me know as am a bit confused on how to read it 

thanks and again if this has been addressed before sorry for multiply posts

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...