Any good?

Lonemankane

8 minutes ago, O9pticalIllusion said:

No it's another fallout 76 open lifeless world nothing to do basic combat and gunfights story is bad and everything is bugged even the trophies its impossible to platinum. Devs update it from what it seems every 2-3 months and aren't really that big of an update. Just stay away from it.

I have to agree, I got the game day one, and honestly it’s the only game I’ve ever regretted buying. The devs are aware that it sucks, and they are trying to add to the game, but it’s taking a while. 

Upon release it was a broken shell of a game, the bugs are being fixed slowly, with most patches breaking more things than they fix. 

I wanted so desperately to like this game, but it’s simply a bland and empty open world, with very little to do. The combat (which is about the only bit of excitement the game offers) is clunky and just a complete chore.

Many people compare the game to Fallout 76, but in all honesty once you take the bugs out of the equation, Fallout 76 is miles better. 

I’d definitely avoid this, at least until the devs actually add enough content to it that it feels more like a game, and less like a pre-alpha concept.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

I have to agree, I got the game day one, and honestly it’s the only game I’ve ever regretted buying. The devs are aware that it sucks, and they are trying to add to the game, but it’s taking a while. 

Upon release it was a broken shell of a game, the bugs are being fixed slowly, with most patches breaking more things than they fix. 

I wanted so desperately to like this game, but it’s simply a bland and empty open world, with very little to do. The combat (which is about the only bit of excitement the game offers) is clunky and just a complete chore.

Many people compare the game to Fallout 76, but in all honesty once you take the bugs out of the equation, Fallout 76 is miles better. 

I’d definitely avoid this, at least until the devs actually add enough content to it that it feels more like a game, and less like a pre-alpha concept.

Yup I feel your pain preorder and played day one. ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 24-7-2019 at 4:20 AM, KANERKB said:

Is Generation zero any good? it looks fun and yeah want to know if it is good.

No, it's not. I played ten to twenty hours, if I remember correctly, and I just stopped. It is an empty, pointless, and unbelievably boring game. I've acquired platinum trophies that have taken a lot of perseverance, and even I can not be bothered to trudge through this snoozefest, let alone to try and get the platinum trophy.

Do yourself a huge favor and don't give this game any attention. It doesn't deserve any.

Ok , i m gonna bring some positive stuff in here, i m playing this with friends so the experience might be a tad different ;)
I did buy this game like 2 Days ago with some friends, and we are playing it the 3 off us, which is really fun. We played for about 10 straight hours and didn t encounter any heavy bug( i got stuck in a container once, but with a little help from my buddy i got unstuck so), no framerate drops, no crashes, a rather stable adventure i must say.
Ok some weird day-night stuff is going on ( like in one part of the starting Island it was night all the time, the sun was never rising ? )
I agree that the world is rather empty but, but i didn't expect anything much different to be honest so is not that much of a letdown for me, and in our experience so far, we get more than enough fighting.
The first weapons feel clunky yes, but it get s better with increasing quality of the weapons and when you find attachments.( weapon sound is really nice as well )
Sometimes we were just peacefully looting some small houses and while exiting, a small army of robots that surrounded the house, and some really interesting fights broke out, which is damn fun when playing with friends, or the first time we encountered a Tank, that was awesome too!
The Wold is beautiful, the soundtrack is good, the little pieces of lore you fine here and there are nice, nothing exceptional, but it fits the setting of the game.
All in all it s a nice adventure with friends, with a good balance between peacefully strolling around, and kicking some robot ass, and we are more than exited to continue playing.
I think people were expecting something a little different, faster paced, action packed maybe, but i think it s a good game, fitting to it s genre.
So if this game is on sale sometimes it s worth a shot for sure, and with friends it s even more worth a try

ps: excuse my writing skills, this is not my first language :/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As one of the games I was extremely excited for this year, I have not been this disappointed in a game for such a long time. It’s bland, soulless and a massive slog to play. I ended up selling it early because I was just so bored of it. If you’re planning on spending money on this, do yourself a favour and don’t.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, cosmicanomaly said:

Been over 2 years since the last comments so am wondering in those 2 years has the game improved?  On sale now so would be interested in buying it if it is more enjoyable than when first released.

the game is worth around 20 if it has all the dlc as the game is good but it is best with friends as it can be boring without friends.

• 1 month later...

im going to be the minority here and say i absolutely loved the game. by the time i played it i didnt have all the glitches that day1 people had. sometimes i fell through the map but i didnt lose much progress. i recall a section of one bunker i had almost no light was another bug. but besides that i really loved the game. i did hear a patch came out after i was finished which glitched a trophy im not sure if they fixed that. imo it is def worth the sale price. i even bought the dlc. i had a blast being cornered in a house and being swarmed with tons of enemies and unloading all my ammo i had saved up on them. to some people that could be annoying. not being able to move. i liked the challenge of that trying to fight my way out. and normally i dont like to many challenging games as it often becomes un fun at some point to me. but i really liked this game. the majority of the hate i saw for this game is people who bought it day one or early on and never went back. i dont blame them for the hatred they have, buying a new game ridiculed with bugs ruins the experience and its hard to bounce into a postive opinion after that even after the fixes.

heres a video i uploaded a while ago of setting traps in the dlc for fun. i have a few gameplay videos saved of long firefights i enjoyed.  but i never got around to uploading them

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

im going to be the minority here and say i absolutely loved the game. by the time i played it i didnt have all the glitches that day1 people had. sometimes i fell through the map but i didnt lose much progress. i recall a section of one bunker i had almost no light was another bug. but besides that i really loved the game. i did hear a patch came out after i was finished which glitched a trophy im not sure if they fixed that. imo it is def worth the sale price. i even bought the dlc. i had a blast being cornered in a house and being swarmed with tons of enemies and unloading all my ammo i had saved up on them. to some people that could be annoying. not being able to move. i liked the challenge of that trying to fight my way out. and normally i dont like to many challenging games as it often becomes un fun at some point to me. but i really liked this game. the majority of the hate i saw for this game is people who bought it day one or early on and never went back. i dont blame them for the hatred they have, buying a new game ridiculed with bugs ruins the experience and its hard to bounce into a postive opinion after that even after the fixes.

heres a video i uploaded a while ago of setting traps in the dlc for fun. i have a few gameplay videos saved of long firefights i enjoyed.  but i never got around to uploading them

oh I got it myself and like it but find the game somewhat boring without friends as it is fun don't get me wrong but yeah

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just came back to it, since April 2019, played it day 1 and had a blast w friends the rag doll was intense so blowing each other up w gas tanks was literally a blast.

It feels more lively,  alot more pods roaming around and alot harder!  I find my self dropping 2-3 clips of Ap rounds into anything bigger then the dog robots ( there weakspot is there back side iirc but they do good to defend it)

The hot bar item swap and invintory management has changed possibly for the better. Lol 

All in all. 

I would agree if ya had friends to play this with it would be really fun

I'm enjoying my return personally.

Starting off w a rpg-7 thanks for dlc weapons is fun too lol

• Like 1