Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

I am totally in awe of you for beating Cuphead!  That has to be the game of the century - just in graphics and level layout.  I would buy the game just to own it!  Will I play it?  Probably not because I know I'll get really frustrated.  Now, if they add in an Easy level for those of us that just want to experience the game, then I'd give it a try!  :giggle:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I am totally in awe of you for beating Cuphead!  That has to be the game of the century - just in graphics and level layout.  I would buy the game just to own it!  Will I play it?  Probably not because I know I'll get really frustrated.  Now, if they add in an Easy level for those of us that just want to experience the game, then I'd give it a try!  :giggle:

Well if you don't care about the trophies, Cuphead already has an Easy mode! You really shouldn't miss on that game, it's way too good.

And @Spaz idk...Ratchet & Clank look fun, but I am not feeling any appeal towards them. If you grew with them sure, but present me wouldn't play them.

Just like I wouldn't play Kingdom Hearts, although in KH's case I actually dislike the entire franchise. It's just not for me. Tastes and all that.

As for Mirror's Edge, HERE's the shocker. I fucking love this game. The trials will whoop my ass big time but MAN this game is tight. 

Actually, does Prince of Persia count as a platformer too? Cause I had a buttload of puzzles there and man that franchise is one of my most favorite.

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

And @Spaz idk...Ratchet & Clank look fun, but I am not feeling any appeal towards them. If you grew with them sure, but present me wouldn't play them.

Just like I wouldn't play Kingdom Hearts, although in KH's case I actually dislike the entire franchise. It's just not for me. Tastes and all that.

As for Mirror's Edge, HERE's the shocker. I fucking love this game. The trials will whoop my ass big time but MAN this game is tight. 

Actually, does Prince of Persia count as a platformer too? Cause I had a buttload of puzzles there and man that franchise is one of my most favorite.

If you ever decide to play a Ratchet and Clank game, play the 2016 reboot on the PS4. Loads of fun, I definitely enjoyed going for the platinum in that one. 

Mirror’s Edge is tough, especially the DLC. The sequel on the PS4 is much easier, but might as well do it proper and do a series. 

Prince of Persia IS a platforming series. Looking forward to Prince of Persia 2008, even if ‘Nathan Drake’ is in the game. He’ll probably make it more appealing to me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally I get to update this checklist after almost 1 month of inactivity:

:platinum: No. 116 - Assassin's Creed Valhalla

i2ICFMr0Ius6qtYYD9GNrY68.jpg

Platinum name : Viking Legend 1S2e8b17.png

Hardest trophy : Completionist All the Way! 25S666338.png

Difficulty : 3/10 

Personal impression : 8/10

Because my list of perfectly aligned AC games couldn't bear a missing spot, I have finally platinumed Valhalla. The newest entry now goes sandbox mode during the great Viking invasions in 700-800 AD. You control Eivor, a male/female Norse warrior in search for glory in the lush lands of England after being sick of Norway and its less than welcoming temperatures.

This is a true Assassin's Creed made by Ubisoft : big map, lots of collectables, sidequests that now are even more personalized than ever, various NPCs... the whole package that everybody experienced since the beautiful days of Black Flag. While conceptually the game remains the same (find the view point, put the markers on the map, explore), the core mechanics really changed with this entry : hiding in haystacks is back, assassinations aren't random number checks like in Odyssey, you can blend in the crowds now and climbing shit ain't as easy as before. 

In addition, combat has been thoroughly improved and adapted : it FINALLY is satisfying to fight in an Assassin's Creed! All of the shitty RPG mechanics of Origins and Odyssey have been transformed, levelling up is way easier now and most of the fighting stances and executions were borrowed from Ubisoft's other IP , For Honor. I really enjoyed raiding and going sword in hand yelling norse curses and slashing through hordes of Saxons. Gameplay wise, this game really improved.

Another great point of the game and the best in my opinion is the soundtrack. There were 3 main "parties" on Valhalla's soundtrack : Jesper Kyd (the OG mastermind behind AC2 and its sequels), Sarah Schachner (AC Origins) and none other than Einar Selvik, the core member of the Norwegian Folk band Wardruna(which focus exclusively on folk "viking" music). I have to say that this soundtrack is one of my favorite in the series now and I had to tone down the voices and SFX just to hear the awesome music.

Since the Vikings had the main objective of settling down, in Valhalla you have to manage your settlement Raventshorpe . Starting as a meager pack of land with some tents, you end up building your settlement and managing it. Each new settler has various items and quests for you and it's actually a joy to turn the settlement in a Norse stronghold together with your friends. In terms of base building, I feel this is the best base in any AC game, trumping over Monteriggioni and the Homestead.

Speaking of friends, the Eivor story focuses exactly on his relationships and growth as a warrior. Eivor starts as a single minded warrior motivated by revenge and glory and by the end of the game he becomes wiser and more content with his actions. Although this is not a new trope (most if not all AC protagonists had this), I felt that it was the most natural for Eivor to go through this process.

Sadly not all was good in the lands of Englande. With a few pleasant turns , the present timeline story is still dumb as bricks. Despite old characters returning and various mentions, I couldn't give a rat's ass about Isu, Templars and Assassins anymore. Oh yeah, there's rarely any interaction between Templars and Assassins at all!!! In Eivor's timeline he has to clean the same tired Order of the Ancient members map and in the present timeline...various uninteresting things happen. Won't get into details because of spoiler.

There is one spoiler that I will put here, a HUGE big thumbs up from me , but read it only if you have finished the game or you don't care, because it really unveils a plot part.

Spoiler

LAYLA IS FINALLY OUT! Thank the GODS, to hell with her Mary Sue ass. She ain't dead (boo) but she got replaced with Basim, an Assassin that's a reincarnation of an evil Isu character. He's WAY MORE CHARMING with his smug tone and "heh look at these puny humans, inventing -urgh- laptops. Pathetic." Basim is LOVE and he's infinitely better than that smug bitch. May she NEVER return. Oh who are we kidding, of course she will return. She ain't truly dead.

But still, welcome Basim, I appreciate your addition.

And that's my major gripe with this series, the thing that turns ME off : the fucking Isu McGuffins. Please I do not care about precursors and their shit. I get it , they were "the ones that came before". FUCK THEM! Let me go medieval and hang out with historical figures. Let me enjoy the Plague or some shit. Don't give me any more spaceships, simulations and "we are so smart" speeches. God , the Isu are such a boring trope by now.

The game is also full of bugs. I rarely have played such a buggy game. This even gives Unity a run for its money in terms of shit games at launch. Ofc Ubisoft being the greedy asses that they are, they focused entirely on the PS5 version and left the PS4 version in the dust. Game runs poorly, multiple crashes and game breaking bugs and many, many more.

Overall...I don't know what to think about this entry. While I enjoyed the game and my time with Eivor, this is the most non-Assassin's Creed game out there ever. I felt more AC vibes from Far Cry Primal than from this game. Plus, this setting really is uninteresting as hell, nothing of importance truly happened, other than some Viking raids. England was beautiful, but..that's kinda it.

Oh well, I don't regret my purchase, will wait to see what the DLC will bring. But yeah, the AC is becoming less and less AC with each iteration.

Play this game only if you don't care about the Assassin's Creed story and just want to flail a Dane axe at NPCs

THE GOOD:

- greatly improved combat

- 10/10 soundtrack

- Eivor is a likable character

- nice twists and turns in the story

- England looks really nice

- Basim and Randvi are 2 of my favorite characters

THE BAD:

- present story is an all time low (didn't think they could drop the bar after Odyssey but lo and behold I was proven wrong again)

- FULL of bugs and glitches

- Isu can go to hell ,they are ruining the game!

- Norway is rather boring for an icy setting

- the final 1% of the story ended up flat - perhaps it will be fixed in the DLC although I am not hoping for much

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 4

Awesome review, you fucking nailed it, sums up my thoughts about Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft (Ubishit to be frank).

There is so much I love about Assassin's Creed, but there is so much I don't like about it. Been off and on with the series for around a decade now. As for the bugs and inconsistencies, this is something that Sony Computer Entertainment has ALWAYS done better. If God of War Ragnorak comes released in this kind of state I would be bitching my head off. As much as I've given hate towards Sony in recent months, you will never see them crank out as many games in a franchise as Ubisoft has done for Assassin's Creed.

Assassin's Creed, the series millions of fans both love and hate. If Ubisoft gave themselves a bit more time to develop games, they could truly crank out a masterpiece. But I can't think of one game in the last four - five years that I can say is truly a masterpiece.

Worse yet, I still have to play Watch Dogs, which is a pile of dung heap in comparison to Assassin's Creed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Awesome review, you fucking nailed it, sums up my thoughts about Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft (Ubishit to be frank).

There is so much I love about Assassin's Creed, but there is so much I don't like about it. Been off and on with the series for around a decade now. As for the bugs and inconsistencies, this is something that Sony Computer Entertainment has ALWAYS done better. If God of War Ragnorak comes released in this kind of state I would be bitching my head off. As much as I've given hate towards Sony in recent months, you will never see them crank out as many games in a franchise as Ubisoft has done for Assassin's Creed.

Assassin's Creed, the series millions of fans both love and hate. If Ubisoft gave themselves a bit more time to develop games, they could truly crank out a masterpiece. But I can't think of one game in the last four - five years that I can say is truly a masterpiece.

Worse yet, I still have to play Watch Dogs, which is a pile of dung heap in comparison to Assassin's Creed.

That's my feeling with the series too. Had Ubishit let its devs actually do a proper work and way more time for development, AC would totally be a masterpiece. But like this...no matter how many entries they pull, they ain't going to beat the classics.

And good luck with Watchdogs. Those games never interested me and they truly look like a slog to play.

I read your post from AC-V since you wrote it, but I didn't tell you anything, so ... going downhill without brakes was our assumption and we were a bit wrong, weren't we? hahaha a big game after all, I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to give it an 8! 

I don't have much to say since I haven't played it yet but it's on the way, but as always, I enjoy reading your thoughts!

Oh and you finished Duke Nukem Forever too, before me ? waiting for that post too 

• Like 1

Well, another update with a .... sort of game (if I can call it like that) 

:platinum: No. 117 : Duke Nukem Forever 

+100% completed

DukeNukemForever.jpg

Platinum Name : Savior of the Universe 1Sca97e1.png

Hardest Trophy : Damn, I'm Good 50Sba3c83.pngcomplete the campaign on Insane difficulty , it was insane allright.

Difficulty : 5/10 - more like annoying than difficult due to the mechanics

Personal impression : 2.4 / 10

Ok ,everyone knows how awful this game is. Instead of having a regular "review", i'll just explain my experience with it.

Bought the game for 2 euros or some shit in 2016. Heard it's bad and I actually got curious. Game loads up, Duke is peeing in an urinal. Ok, classic Duke Nukem, did not expect anything else. I mess around then...grab a piece of turd from a toilet (foreshadowing for the actual game). Um...ok this is not so classic Duke Nukem...whatever. Let's move on.

After some explosions, I go into a badly textured football field and fight a badly textured Cycloid. Game looks kinda ass but I've seen worse. I defeat this boss...

...then the game zooms out, turns that I've been playing with...myself...while some twins were giving me a blowjob...or roasting some meat or something, considering the sound effects. OOK I see where this is going, off to a great start videogame. After messing around with the environment...going through some levels...messing around some more...drawing a dick on a whiteboard (because of course I did), FINALLY I get to some action, shooting pigs. Which...is very lackluster. Pigs with shotguns, with handguns, berserkers...all manners of porcine dwellers, they all die like fleas and explode in a disappointing manner. I swear Duke Nukem 3D has more satisfying death animations. 

Anyway, the game was pretty boring and uninteresting despite of its many mechanics (hated the mini-Duke section). Where the game started to get REALLY bad for me was in the infamous The Hive, where you enter the enemy base. That's where I absolutely said "fuck this game" entirely and closed it, only to return years later in 2020.

The premise : the aliens are stealing Earth's women and store them in this hive. And store them it is, because they are basically vessels for the aliens. What kind of aliens? SPIDER DICKS THAT SHOOT WHITE OOZE AT YOU (you know what that is, it ain't mayo)! That, paired with the fact that the women explode in a gruesome way, that I have to tickle some sphincter looking doors and I was jumped by a motherfucking tentacle brain made me nope the fuck out. This sole level made me go "this ain't working mate" and delete the game. This is one disturbing hentai and I am not enjoying it.

Years later I returned to this atrocity because I dedicated myself in completing this game. After many butt clenching moments and "ew" situations I finally get past the Hive and defeated the Queen Bitch (that's her name). Although the game didn't get anymore nasty, it still was a boring piece of crap until the end with the occasional frustrating moments and an underwater level WHY DOES THIS GAME HAVE AN UNDERWATER LEVEL? It's like they did it on purpose!

That was the horrible aspect of the game and only half of the problem. The other half was playing all this dumpster fire on Insane mode which showed just how poorly the game is actually coded. The damage you receive is random, you can eat a rocket and be just fine only to be instakilled by a random gun fire, octabrains are worse than any boss out there and the penultimate level with the Donkey Kong barrels was a nightmare to pull, because you can't see which barrel is going to explode. Ah yeah and Crash Course, the stationary machine gun level was as abysmal as they say.

The DLC The Doctor Who Cloned Me however was more in the style of the old Duke games : not as vile, with better references and actually fun gameplay (sort of). I did not hate it as much and the final boss was manageable. I guess the devs knew how much the fans hated the main game so they just spared them with a short but sweet dlc.

In conclusion...if you liked the game, you have achieved nirvana. If you haven't played the game, never touch it. Cast it aside. If someone gifted you this game, unfriend and block them. No survivors even if it's a family member or a husband/wife xD find another family member. This is a horrible game and I was glad to purge it out of the PS3. I will go import some holy water from the nearby church and sprinkle around while doing various chants, in hope that the evil Duke spirits will leave my establishment.

The king is dead baby!

THE GOOD:

you can throw poop

- the DLC is barely improving the experience

- deleting this game is satisfying

- at least it's not One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

THE BAD :

- it exists

- pinball and table hockey have a circle of Hell of their own

- dick spiders

- the PS3 might never recover from this

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

@Puppeter04Yeah AC Valhalla was a game with a big start and a rather...eh ending. But over all I quite enjoyed it honestly, way more than Odyssey. Combat was a big plus.

And just when I was writing my Duke Nukem "review" you posted xD that's some peak timing. However, not sure if you will like my thoughts on THIS game. Still trying to recover my lost braincells after what I've experienced in this game.:dance:

Also this dumb ass site gave me lots of headaches trying to quote your comment AND not merge it with my review. Sorry that my reply got so messed up.

Edited by Copanele

💯 No.18 - Samurai Shodown VI

370965-samurai-shodown-vi-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg

Hardest Trophy : Enduring Samurai 8S4b4b10.png

Difficulty : 5/10

Personal impression : 5.4/10

Samurai Shodown VI is an odd entry in the series. It feels more of a MUGEN fanmade game than a proper game. Apparently it's not even a canon entry, it's set in a parallel universe where every single character is alive and able to duke it out in a clash of swords(49 of them in fact).

Anyway...game is not really that great. It still sports the usual SamSho combat of slow, well timed and stupidly powerful hits, but this game has no charm compared to the other entries in the series. Also the violence is greatly toned down and nothing is really memorable. However the new addition Iroha quickly became a fan favorite for obvious reasons(the maiden from the poster). She became so beloved that she was even a DLC addition in Samurai Shodown 2019.

Game is pretty barebones also, it has even less modes than its predecessor SamSho V which had online. There's Arcade mode, VS mode, Practice, Survival and...not much else. Getting the 100% was a pain since it requires you to finish the Arcade mode with all 48 characters. Easier said than done because the final boss Demon Gaoh is a typical SNK boss that utterly cheats and destroys you in 2 attacks.

Survival mode is again a weird mode. You have to fight through 49 stages with one health bar and one timer. You recover health bar and timer by doing various missions. However the translation of this game from Japanese to English is so bad there are times where the missions are straight up incomprehensible. I have managed to somewhat decipher what those missions ask of me, wrote them up in an upcoming guide (since I love shameless self advertising:dance:).  Luckily, this game also has my favorite character in the series Mina, the cheesiest girl in all fighting games. In a game with samurai and swords, she has a bow and unlimited amounts of arrows. Suffice to say I covered everyone with arrows :D honorable duels aren't honorable anymore when you are dead.

d1ym3we-3a27c251-1bb5-4a30-a4aa-eee07b00

In conclusion, I did not dislike the game, but I didn't find it too good either. I can recommend it only if you wish to have a complete SamSho collection on PS4 and wish to waste some time with this entry too. 

THE GOOD:

- all the characters in the SamSho universe are here + some new ones

- Iroha is a fine addition to the roster

THE BAD:

-barebones gameplay and game modes

-not even canon

-the weakest entry in the SamSho collection

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

Definitely not touching Samurai Shodown VI. Just not for me.

If you ever wish to experience some chill fighting game, you can always go with Samurai Shodown 2019. It's very good looking and it's as easy as Tekken 7 in terms of trophies. Plus the artstyle is good. 

But because you mentioned Trine @Spaz I think I will do another analysis on my backlog, see what I got left and how I feel about each game.

Because this year I had a ton of time at my hands (although this ain't the way I wished to have free time), I have 16 games left in my backlog that aren't 100%. I will just slap them down in 3 cathegories : 

UNOBTAINABLE : PES2015, Titan Quest. PES2015 has dead servers so that one is a no go, I did all the available offline trophies. Titan Quest has 2 bugged DLC trophies. Assuming that there will be a patch, I could do those trophies in 10 minutes tops, but the devs don't look like they care too much about updating this game anymore so...into the limbo with this as well.

PS3 games - 7 games

Mirror's Edge - This one is interesting. I did the full playthrough of the game on normal, I have all collectibles, all I need is the Hard mode run, the Time Trials and the speedruns (+DLC). However this game is an On/Off experience, I don't always feel like running against the wall so...I am not sure how to approach this one. Will postpone it for now.

The King of Fighters XIII - I only have 52 trials left and I have the platinum. This shouldn't be as awful as Super Street Fighter IV, but I might save this one for a milestone, just to assert dominance over my own list :P 

Darkstalkers Resurrection - When the stars align I will 100% this game. I do play it every now and then but my god the timing of this game is pixel perfect frame perfect Gemini Sign level of accuracy.

Braid - ok I am stumped at this one. There's only one trophy to be done , the speedrunning part. Most of the game I can do no problem, however there's ONE section that's borderline impossible to me because you really have to mess around with the time powers. Braid will be one of the worst games to 100%. I should check better before attempting games with speedrun trophies.

Batman Arkham Origins - this will be easy, compared to Arkham City. I covered the online, all I need is the energy for the SP campaign.

Catherine - I know almost nothing about this game. I saw that the Tower of Babel is a very tough trophy but other than that...I will have to restart it from scratch. I feel that this game will haunt me abit.

Bioshock Infinite - This game doesn't look that bad and it seems that it works better than Duke Nukem Forever, however a run in 1999 mode and 3 DLCs...this will be a HUGE time sink. I also hope I will enjoy this game because it does look big as hell.

PS4 games - 7 games

Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duellist - this is a VERY easy game to 100%, however it is very time consuming since I have to play a fuckton of duels. I do play it from time to time (especially when I have meetings at work and I have to sleep through the phone calls). I won't rush with it, I will take my time, grind some cards then do a custom OP deck and blast through the game.

Trine: Enchanted Edition - One of your recommendation Spaz, I might start this one. It's a super easy and charming game, but due to my mood swings I never finished this one. The time to do it is NOW! Also it will help relax me.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore - again, trials. These aren't about timing, it's about inputting a huge list of commands, kinda like Blazblue/Guilty Gear combos. Again, saving it for a milestone, they will take much practice but I am confident at my skills now (compared to the first time I started this game).

Mount & Blade: Warband - ah, this game is a true hidden gem. I will play this during the Christmas break, because it's a truly wintery game. Can't say much about it, it's basically a medieval simulator and I finished it countless times on PC. It's the only game on my list that once I start, I won't be able to let go. Online is also fully completed!

Slain Back From Hell - Heheh this game...normally it's a platformer that will murder my soul, BUT IT'S SO METAL! I feel like doing this in the weekend, or at least play abit of it. Yeah it's tough as shit but MMMMMMMMMMMETAL! Need a good dose of blessing here though, I suck ass at this game.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm - another easy peasy game, however I don't feel the Naruto groove from this game. I will complete it eventually but again, need to BELIEVE IT! The second choice besides Trine

Shadow of the Colossus - this is the only title from my list that I actually don't want to do because I played this game like 2 hours and I DID NOT LIKE IT! Controls are so ass, they really irritated me big time. But I will have to tackle it eventually and *sigh* of course it has a speedrun trophy. I only hope it will grow on me as I progress through it.

Potential Games :

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 & 2 - I wish to start these on PS3, HOWEVER I am not sure how much will the console hold out. Crossed fingers, will play them after I finish my PS3 backlog

Enslaved Odyssey from the West - I heard this game has some serious framerate issues on PS3. But other than that, it looks like a fun game.

So, that's pretty much my list. What do you all think? Suggestions and comments are welcomed as usual. Except Trine I swear I am starting it today xD 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Braid - ok I am stumped at this one. There's only one trophy to be done , the speedrunning part. Most of the game I can do no problem, however there's ONE section that's borderline impossible to me because you really have to mess around with the time powers. Braid will be one of the worst games to 100%. I should check better before attempting games with speedrun trophies.

You'll definitely want to look up a guide on this. Seeing the game is old now, you might not have much luck finding a modern guide post 2014 - 2015. The guides and videos I've seen date back to 2008 - 2010, certainly not ideal.

Trine: Enchanted Edition - One of your recommendation Spaz, I might start this one. It's a super easy and charming game, but due to my mood swings I never finished this one. The time to do it is NOW! Also it will help relax me.

Just look up where the collectibles are and you should be good.

Slain Back From Hell - Heheh this game...normally it's a platformer that will murder my soul, BUT IT'S SO METAL! I feel like doing this in the weekend, or at least play abit of it. Yeah it's tough as shit but MMMMMMMMMMMETAL! Need a good dose of blessing here though, I suck ass at this game.

Always parry and counter attack, that's basically the best attack in the game because it hurts enemies a lot.

I can already tell you're going to love the Mother Beholder, especially when you try to beat that boss without losing any health. Some fun times ahead of you.

Potential Games :

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 & 2 - I wish to start these on PS3, HOWEVER I am not sure how much will the console hold out. Crossed fingers, will play them after I finish my PS3 backlog

Enslaved Odyssey from the West - I heard this game has some serious framerate issues on PS3. But other than that, it looks like a fun game.

Better late than never. The recent system update gives me some hope, but Sony has practically abandoned the PS3 and Vita for the most part. Right now I got enough on the PS3. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed will keep me busy for a solid week or so.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You'll definitely want to look up a guide on this. Seeing the game is old now, you might not have much luck finding a modern guide post 2014 - 2015. The guides and videos I've seen date back to 2008 - 2010, certainly not ideal.

Oh I have a guide for this one. I know the theory, but the practice is killing me xD need moar skills!

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Always parry and counter attack, that's basically the best attack in the game because it hurts enemies a lot.

I can already tell you're going to love the Mother Beholder, especially when you try to beat that boss without losing any health. Some fun times ahead of you.

Eheheh I know, I can imagine how fun this will be <3 expect for tags for when I am starting this game because woo boy I can only feel the pain and I will need blessings.

And yeah, PS3 is still running smoothly with that update. Hopefully it will survive in 2021 too.

But until then, Trine mode. Luckily the collectibles are pretty visible so I won't really need a guide.

21 minutes ago, Copanele said:

But until then, Trine mode. Luckily the collectibles are pretty visible so I won't really need a guide.

There's a couple that are pretty well hidden, but then again you can just replay the level and find them with a visual guide without much trouble.

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

There's a couple that are pretty well hidden, but then again you can just replay the level and find them with a visual guide without much trouble.

Well, instead of a status update, I will reply to you : all that I have left in Trine is completing the final 8 chapters in Hard mode with hardcore active. I did everything else in one day xD 

This game was super fun, not gonna lie!

Great review Copanele! Lemme say that recently I was comparing our profiles and discovered that despite each of us have 150+ games to our profiles - we have a whooping 4 games in total (maybe this is how I realized despite reading a number of your posts I've never actually commented - whoops ?). That being said, your review of Trine has me intrigued - I've seen it on sale for as low as $2 and while I'll concede I'm not really all that into puzzles I'll check it out given I really dig awesome atmospheres in games!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, realm722 said:

Great review Copanele! Lemme say that recently I was comparing our profiles and discovered that despite each of us have 150+ games to our profiles - we have a whooping 4 games in total (maybe this is how I realized despite reading a number of your posts I've never actually commented - whoops 1f62c.png). That being said, your review of Trine has me intrigued - I've seen it on sale for as low as $2 and while I'll concede I'm not really all that into puzzles I'll check it out given I really dig awesome atmospheres in games!

Hey there, thanks for stopping by :D now I checked too, we really have kinda the same amount of games xD although I don't know what 4 games in total you mean, sorry. 

The good part about Trine is that even if you might not enjoy it, it's still short enough to be completed in 1 day. But I believe you will find it relaxing :) and for $2 it's worth it, I'll say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Hey there, thanks for stopping by :D now I checked too, we really have kinda the same amount of games xD although I don't know what 4 games in total you mean, sorry. 

The good part about Trine is that even if you might not enjoy it, it's still short enough to be completed in 1 day. But I believe you will find it relaxing :) and for $2 it's worth it, I'll say.

My bad, I meant to say 4 games in common. Just using the "Compare" function I see it's Abzu, Burley Men at Sea, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Horizon Zero Dawn. You could make it 5 and throw in Batman: Arkham City as you played it on the PS3 so it doesn't show up since it's a different trophy list. But thank you! - knowing it can be completed in 1 day makes it even easier for me to decide - next time it's on sale I'll scoop it up! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

Trine 2: Complete Story is a lot more difficult and time consuming. It’s the last game I have left before I officially consider the entire series is finished on my trophy list.

Do tell how it is when you start it, I am really curious, especially since it was advertised as being abit too long and full of collectibles.

Ok this one will be really short because I truly have nothing to say about the game.

:platinum: No. 119 : Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm

header.jpg?t=1580311764

Platinum Name : Perfect Storm Master 1S9f1fbe.png

Hardest Trophy : Naruto Cannon Master 35M39b688.png flying through 42 rings was annoying

Difficulty : 2/10 - if it wasn't for the Naruto Cannon Master this would have been a 1/10

Personal impression : 7/10

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm follows the adventure of orange annoying walking nuke Naruto through his adventures right up until Shippuuden (from the first time Team 7 was formed until the chase for Sasuke arc).

Will keep it very brief: If you are a fan of Naruto, by all means play the Ninja Storm games. They are the best representation of Naruto and all the ninjas in the anime. They are very good games, definitely way better adapted than One Piece and it's solid quality. As an anime fan you can't go wrong with them.

For me however, this game gave me no emotions. That's why I don't wish to write a compelling review about it. I felt nothing while playing this game. I even skipped cutscenes and listened to podcasts. And the reason why...is because I have read the entirety of Naruto and even part of Boruto. I kinda have lost the interest into the series given of how Masashi Kishimoto not being able to write a coherent story. And if I lost interest in the main material, no wonder I couldn't care less about this game. When I first started it I was abit more excited about Naruto (and I believe Boruto wasn't even out yet). But as it is...nah. I am not playing the sequels. I played NUNS3 Fullburst on PC, that was a fun game but I am not in the mood anymore.

So ... yeah. the most average game out there. 

P.S. Temari is still best girl hands down and Shikamaru should have been hokage, not the orange dumbass who is fixated on an abusive asshole with magical eyes.

THE GOOD:

- good adaptation of the Naruto series

- interesting combat and mission layout

- exploration of Konoha is fun

THE BAD:

- not able to keep my interest more than 1 minute.

💯  No. 19 - Raji : An Ancient Epic

egs-rajianancientepic-wide-1920x1080-268

Hardest trophy : Favor of the Gods 17Sed2480.png - find all the orbs in the game

Difficulty : 2/10 - The bosses actually killed me a couple of times for underestimating them

Personal impression : 8.5/10

This game came as a total surprise for me. I bought this game by pure chance, after stumbling across it on a forum topic and finding the game again in the sales and deals section. I decided to give it a go and suffice to say, I did not regret it.

Raji An Ancient Epic is the tale of a young acrobat girl Raji who is in search of her kidnapped brother Golu. Aided by the Hindu deities Durga and Vishnu, she has to fight various demons with mystical weapons and rescue her brother. The game covers Indian themes and legends and boy does it do well.

As a person who knows next to nothing about hinduism or Indian myths, I loved the presentation of this game. Both Durga and Vishnu had fantastic voice actors, as each of them told various myths about the deities as I progressed throughout the game. The game itself looks gorgeous, with top notch graphics and motifs fit for the setting. Honestly if I think of an equivalent, the closest game conceptually would be Apotheon, which covers the Greek pantheon.

Raji herself is a nimble fighter, being able to jump from one platform to the other Prince of Persia style. Combat wise, it is simple yet very effective. Raji can wield either the spear Trishul, a Bow or a Sword&Shield and imbue them with elemental magic like fire ,lightning and ice. The enemies can pose a threat at first but as you unlock upgrades, the enemies become more of an annoyance than an actual threat. The combat mechanics are interesting at first but quite lackluster towards the end because of the wall vault and the bow.

But honestly, for an indie game this game is very well made. Loved the setting, the visuals, the music. It was a chilling experience and it's a good pick if you wish to simply sit back and relax. Also do not judge the game by its trophy list, despite being full bronze the game itself is gold material.

THE GOOD:

- 10/10 visuals

- amazing audio

- solid platforming

- Durga and Vishnu have awesome voice actors

THE BAD

- gameplay is abit simplistic and has some hiccups

- open ended story, although I don't think there will be a sequel to this

Edited by Copanele