Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

9 minutes ago, Copanele said:

All I am hoping is that Path of Pain is not as jank/awful/please shoot me like Stormy Ascent was in Crash Bandicoot. If I have to do that kind of stupid shit one more time I might lose it xD

Wooooo boy, geezus that looked rough... I had to watch a video to see what that was all about! But as I said, not to worry because you don't necessarily even need to do it if you don't want to! I just looked it up to be sure and it isn't needed for the one trophy... So you'll be aight regardless!!!

• Like 1

Interesting Uncharted review, and good read mate - though I can't say I agree with all of it! ?

(30% platforming? Does Uncharted have any platforming? :hmm:) It's really just vertical traversal, as cinematic scope, rather than platforming as gameplay, isn't it?...

...To me, saying Uncharted has poor platforming is like saying Mass Effect sucks because it isn't a good rhythm game... ?

Really, I see the games as entirely swashbuckling, campy adventure-cover-shooters - and in that genre, I still think all four of the games excel - (I remain a big fan of the first one!)...

Personally, I'd struggle to think of a cover-shooting series I've enjoyed more - though, granted,  it isn't a genre I dive deep on - I'm a surface level kind of guy with those kind of game - I like a good, meat-and-potatoes narrative romp, with some likeable characters, a fast pace, and some silly spectacle - which the Uncharted series has for me in spades!

I enjoy the B-Movie aspects... though I must admit, for all that I am not really an action-movie guy, I would still take an Uncharted game over virtually any modern action movie!

52 minutes ago, Copanele said:

So...this was my Uncharted 1 experience in a nutshell. Not good, not bad, but it convinced me to play Uncharted 2 some time in the future. I heard that one is truly a great game, so I am curious to see if that's true.

I will say - and I really don't want this to come off the wrong way, so don't read anything into this that isn't there - but in the nicest possible way, I would caution against it.

I think if you are coming to Uncharted as a series now, in 2021 for the first time, a lot of the things that were truly impressive about Uncharted 2 at the time (and they were) will not have much impact now.

The train level in 2 was genuinely baffling as to how they managed to make it work at the time, (along with some parts like the cruise ship in Uncharted 3,) but really, at this point, Uncharted 4 is the only one left where the tech side remains a source of amazement - the rest have lessened as other games have caught up.

What you are left with is the cover shooting, the characters and the story. If those had no impact (or a negative impact) on you in the first game, there isn't much likely to change - the games absolutely stay true to a set formula, and the 'puzzles' and gameplay split remains largely the same - it's really just the setting, the tech, and the story that changes - as well as finessing of the mechanics. 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Copanele said:

To be honest, yeah there's way less platforming (also I suck at maths xD ) now that you say it, it really was for eye candy only!

Also my baboon brain was like that : Hey this fucker keeps jumping in picture A and B and C and he also has a gun! Means there's a lot of jumping around no? NO!

Well it wasn't "poor" platforming, just like...why are you even here kind of platforming. Which is fun because most of the promotional stuff that I see is Drake jumping or grabbing some shit, so there was my confusion.

For Uncharted however, I am not at all satisfied with ONLY this much sadly. It's personal preference, I know, but I can't stop comparing this game to the old Tomb Raider games or Indiana Jones where you had the gunning part AND you had legit puzzles / traversal stuff. Maybe I didn't get the idea of the game idk.

Again, I don't think it's a BAD game, I quite enjoyed it, it's just a very mediocre game in my opinion. It's like canteen food, it fills your stomach, it is seasoned with salt and pepper, but doesn't really make you enjoy culinary art, you know. Maybe I am asking too much xD

That's fair of course - they are, to me, the equivalent of Comic Book movies (or actually, more appropriately, James Bond movies) - there isn't deep substance there, but there is spectacle - and you know after one whether it's a formula that works for you . There are examples of good ones and bad ones, but it's a comparative thing, within a set formula - if you don't like the basic building blocks, then it doesn't really matter whether an individual one of them is a good or bad example of putting those building blocks together - they aren't going to do much for you!

However this next part somehow confirms my inner suspicion/fear:

If all they change is the setting and the tech while keeping the formula then yeah I can safely say that Naughty Dog is not a company for me.

I will say - The Last of Us might be still worth a look - for the simply reason that while the mechanical feel of the games is still similar, the building blocks are genuinely different.

The tone and narrative elements are much different, (and much better and more substantive, IMO) and the cover-shooting is completely replaced with stealth and brutality - but again, that is a new formula. Like the first one, and you are likely to like the second, don't like the first, and the same issue will arise.

(I know, I know, there is a massive contingent of people who like the first, but hate the second, but I don't think you fall in the camp they do - that was completely down to objecting to the story, rather than the gameplay (there is no reasonable argument whatsoever that TLoU2 is worse mechanically) - and you are generally a 'gameplay-forward' kinda dude. (just labelling you unsolicited there, sorry ? - if I'm wrong, just tell me to go F myself ?)

It was just that people didn't like having their perceptions of characters and narrative from the first one re-contextualised. Personally - I loved that aspect, and the more dour tone, but I don't think it's a coincidence that I also love The Godfather Part II more than The Godfather, for the same reason.)

Thing is, most people who recommended me this series went "omg Uncharted 2 will blow your socks off, it's SO GREAT" and I was legit wondering wow how good can it be?

BUT given that most people just recommend me stuff without considering my tastes in videogames AND me having way more faith in your judgment, believe it or not xD considering this new info, I might indefinitely postpone Uncharted 2. Or at most, see a playthrough of the first level and see if it hooks me in.

To be honest, tech in itself never amazed me, it's HOW you present me the shit. NieR the original release (not Automata) was a butt ugly game. THE INTRO TO THE AERIE ALWAYS GETS ME EVERY SINGLE TIME! And it's like one new area with a city suspended in the sky big deal, but the camera work, the soundtrack, finding your way through that maze bullshit while hearing cryptic warnings, that tingles my experience xD and sadly nothing in Uncharted 1 came even close to that kind of moment, despite Uncharted 1 (not even talking about 2) being way more technologically advanced in terms of presentation.

The tech was impressive - very much so at the time, but I hear you. Tech alone isn't enough if the games don't appeal on a base level - it's just for me they did, so the tech was a big additional draw. It's still hard to recommend on that alone though, so far after the fact, as other games have caught up. There are some sections that remain quite unique - (a firefight in a collapsing building in 2 is still a very impressive thing to see now,) but those moments are fleeting, and losing impact year-on-year.

Lots of ranting here I know, hope it was coherent enough :D

Totally - makes sense to me - I just like a rant back ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I will say - The Last of Us might be still worth a look - for the simply reason that while the mechanical feel of the games is still similar, the building blocks are genuinely different.

The tone and narrative elements are much different, (and much better and more substantive, IMO) and the cover-shooting is completely replaced with stealth and brutality - but again, that is a new formula. Like the first one, and you are likely to like the second, don't like the first, and the same issue will arise.

Hahah prepare for this one xD I like that you mentioned The Last of Us because here's my takes:

• I platinumed AND 100%d The Last of Us.
  • I thought it was a good game BUT  I wasn't very invested into it (here's my impression of the game btw)
  • Best time I had when going "IT'S STEALTH BRICK TIME" as Joel on Grounded+

I never took part in the PSNP madness that was the launch of TLoU2 (damn, what a war that was xD ). But honestly I already knew I wouldn't play the game before the whole Tiger Woods reveal.

And yes, I will have to agree, at least the story is more spicy in part 2, it's not the textbook Little Red Riding Hood thing, THAT part got my attention ? but watching the game (and being spoiled of course, it was unavoidable)... mneh I wouldn't have a good time with it. But that is only because I wasn't too much into TLoU1 in the first place.

Am I a monster? IDK perhaps xD I did try to do a DMC brick combo on a Runner, I might be beyond saving at this point.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

(I know, I know, there is a massive contingent of people who like the first, but hate the second, but I don't think you fall in the camp they do - that was completely down to objecting to the story, rather than the gameplay (there is no reasonable argument whatsoever that TLoU2 is worse mechanically) - and you are generally a 'gameplay-forward' kinda dude. (just labelling you unsolicited there, sorry 1f633.png - if I'm wrong, just tell me to go F myself 1f602.png)

Now I have to say that this is mostly correct hahah xD damn I got exposed! But the actual answer is abit more tricky. Good - or at least functional - gameplay is mandatory, BUT not sufficient. Else I would be in love with the first Bayonetta game and...sadly I am not. I am more of an...uhm...atmosphere kind of guy? Does it make any sense? And a very finicky kind of atmosphere too, because TLoU has tons of atmosphere, but it's not my kind.

For instance I loved games like Cat Quest, Seasons after Fall, LA Noire because of their atmosphere and what they tried to sell. Sure, they are not at all the same, gameplay is nothing fancy but they sold me with their presentation and "the feels".

But I admit, I would always pick Devil May Cry over the aforementioned games :D (any entry except DMC2)

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It was just that people didn't like having their perceptions of characters and narrative from the first one re-contextualised. Personally - I loved that aspect, and the more dour tone, but I don't think it's a coincidence that I also love The Godfather Part II more than The Godfather, for the same reason.)

That sounds a lot like God of War 2018 :D a game that I hold in VERY high regards. And why? Because Kratos did the biggest switcharoo ever -- he stopped being Kratos, or at least THE OLD Kratos, and MAN did I love that. It also was a point of grief for fans but eh I didn't like God of War 3 because of Kratos himself so I can't relate to the fans.

I also need to watch The Godfather at some point. I know the plot, some clips, but never watched from start to finish.

Whew honestly thanks for those tags, discovered alot more about myself today ? poor Naughty Dog studio won't make too much money with me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Hahah prepare for this one xD I like that you mentioned The Last of Us because here's my takes:

• I platinumed AND 100%d The Last of Us.
  • I thought it was a good game BUT  I wasn't very invested into it (here's my impression of the game btw)
  • Best time I had when going "IT'S STEALTH BRICK TIME" as Joel on Grounded+

I never took part in the PSNP madness that was the launch of TLoU2 (damn, what a war that was xD ). But honestly I already knew I wouldn't play the game before the whole Tiger Woods reveal.

And yes, I will have to agree, at least the story is more spicy in part 2, it's not the textbook Little Red Riding Hood thing, THAT part got my attention 1f602.png but watching the game (and being spoiled of course, it was unavoidable)... mneh I wouldn't have a good time with it. But that is only because I wasn't too much into TLoU1 in the first place.

Am I a monster? IDK perhaps xD I did try to do a DMC brick combo on a Runner, I might be beyond saving at this point.

Haha, sorry - didn't remember you had done that one - yeah, that internet nonsense was a clown-shoe really - TLoU2 isn't eligible for Scientific Ranking yet (grounded still to go!) but when it is, I do know it will rank highly - and a lot of that is down to the story just just working on me.

I know I might sound like a  broken record on this, but I really think the fact that it is "The Last of Us Part II", rather than "The Last of Us 2" is not a coincidence. I think they knew exactly what they were doing with inviting a Godfather film comparison.

The second one's narrative is a two-part narrative, of course, but also really about confronting the players of the first game who worshipped Joel and loved Eliie, and forcing them to wrestle with their own feelings on the characters - taking them by the hand, and making them turn around, and see the stack of bodies left in their wake, and going "So, you really still think they're heroes?"

I don't know - it just got me - I spent ages worrying that they'd never be able to do anything good with the narrative, (I loved the ending of the first one, cutting to black in that last scene) - and was blown away at the balls they had to do what they did - and to pull a Kojima bait-and-switch with the trailer stuff, which is something I (as Kojima's biggest disliker / ignorer ?) never really got to experience the fervour around when he did it with MGS2.

Now I have to say that this is mostly correct hahah xD damn I got exposed! But the actual answer is abit more tricky. Good - or at least functional - gameplay is mandatory, BUT not sufficient. Else I would be in love with the first Bayonetta game and...sadly I am not. I am more of an...uhm...atmosphere kind of guy? Does it make any sense? And a very finicky kind of atmosphere too, because TLoU has tons of atmosphere, but it's not my kind.

Hey - an 'atmosphere guy' makes total sense - after all, we are both Souls fans, and atmosphere has to be the thing those games do best of all - and differently from any other game, so I totally know what you mean!

I also need to watch The Godfather at some point. I know the plot, some clips, but never watched from start to finish.

OH MY GOOOOODDDD.

Yes, sir, you really do. 

The whole trilogy. The first is incredible, The second one is, I think, one of the true greatest movies ever made - and while the third doesn't come close to measuring up, it isn't nearly the tyre-fire people say it is. (Actually, there is a new cut of it that came out this year, which is a genuine improvement, IMO)

I know the baggage that comes with "Great Classic movies" - people expect that the film will be exquisite, but not necessarily compulsive or enjoyable, but those moves aren't that - they're incredibly watchable, fun movies - that also happen to be powerhouses of cinema!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Haha, sorry - didn't remember you had done that one - yeah, that internet nonsense was a clown-shoe really - TLoU2 isn't eligible for Scientific Ranking yet (grounded still to go!) but when it is, I do know it will rank highly - and a lot of that is down to the story just just working on me.

I know I might sound like a  broken record on this, but I really think the fact that it is "The Last of Us Part II", rather than "The Last of Us 2" is not a coincidence. I think they knew exactly what they were doing with inviting a Godfather film comparison.

The second one's narrative is a two-part narrative, of course, but also really about confronting the players of the first game who worshipped Joel and loved Eliie, and forcing them to wrestle with their own feelings on the characters - taking them by the hand, and making them turn around, and see the stack of bodies left in their wake, and going "So, you really still think they're heroes?"

I don't know - it just got me - I spent ages worrying that they'd never be able to do anything good with the narrative, (I loved the ending of the first one, cutting to black in that last scene) - and was blown away at the balls they had to do what they did - and to pull a Kojima bait-and-switch with the trailer stuff, which is something I (as Kojima's biggest disliker / ignorer 1f602.png) never really got to experience the fervour around when he did it with MGS2.

Well, now I have 3 remarks xD  because I saw something that made me chuckle:

1. "So, you really still think they're heroes?" - speaking of that, is Nathan Drake ever sorry for the carnage he leaves behind him in Uncharted? xD I can't believe that after all the stuff he went through in U1 his reaction at the end was "yahoo diamonds and this sexy blonde chick!And Sully". I swear he had the energy of Duke Nukem there ?
  2. I have heard about that Part 2 thing in the title and if it's the case then...damn that's smart. I will give them that, it's very well thought!
  3. So I am not the only one who doesn't really get along with Kojima's stuff. Again, mad respect for what he does, but maaaan his stuff irks me, it's the most anti-Copanele way of telling a story.

You know, the very bottom line (to save some for YOUR TLoUPII review after Grounded Mode+) -- I think I will ultimately play Uncharted 2 with the risk of really not liking it. Because I enjoy the discussions too much, to the point where I could add it as an entry for THE GOOD list:D

And YES I promise that at some point I shall watch The Godfather movies. From the clips I saw, I already love Michael Corleone's character (I mean, considering Al Pacino plays him....it's not a surprise, man is legendary)

26 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Congrats! Brutal difficulty looks ridiculous from the video you posted. I don't think I'd like this game lol.

Thanks! I can wholeheartedly say that, having an idea of what you play and what you enjoy, that NO you won't like this game at all :D May I play Persona 4 Golden if I am wrong ?

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

Well, now I have 3 remarks xD  because I saw something that made me chuckle:

1. "So, you really still think they're heroes?" - speaking of that, is Nathan Drake ever sorry for the carnage he leaves behind him in Uncharted? xD I can't believe that after all the stuff he went through in U1 his reaction at the end was "yahoo diamonds and this sexy blonde chick!And Sully". I swear he had the energy of Duke Nukem there 1f602.png

? - tell me about it - the difference between Joel and Nate Drake seems to be just we can't fathom the volume - reminded me of this: (around 0:50)

1 minute ago, Copanele said:
  1. I have heard about that Part 2 thing in the title and if it's the case then...damn that's smart. I will give them that, it's very well thought!
  2. So I am not the only one who doesn't really get along with Kojima's stuff. Again, mad respect for what he does, but maaaan his stuff irks me, it's the most anti-Copanele way of telling a story.

You know, the very bottom line (to save some for YOUR TLoUPII review after Grounded Mode+) -- I think I will ultimately play Uncharted 2 with the risk of really not liking it. Because I enjoy the discussions too much, to the point where I could add it as an entry for THE GOOD list:D

Haha - nice. Well, you never know - U2 is a great game, and does eclipse U1, so who knows, maybe it'll hit in a more positive way, even within the formula!

• Like 2

Yeah, watch (or even read) The Godfather, games can wait ?. It's a certified hood classic ?.

I think the modern Naughty Dog games are overrated. I played through TLOU, the plot and the story-telling were brilliant, and the game absolutely deserves the praise for them. In terms of tech it's amazing as well. But the gameplay didn't really impress me, especially the stealth part. And that's what I notice when I hear people describe what they love about TLOU - they never mention the gameplay. Yeah, it's decent, but there's nothing really worth praising. Now, I am also reminded of the gameplay in Uncharted (I watched playthroughs of the first three games back in 2010-2011) and after reading your review, I think the same thing. It's a solid 3rd-person cover shooter with cool set pieces, and that's it in terms of gameplay. Outside of combat, the game kinda plays itself. As mentioned above, the climbing mechanic, for example, is used as a decoration because the paths are usually very linear. You just jump to the next rock that conviniently sticks out of the wall (IDK about Uncharted 4 though, it probably gives more freedom to explore).

Uncharted 2 and 3 have the same gameplay core, but they get more creative with the set pieces. I'll allow myself to spoil one of the simplest ones because I just remembered what Adam Sessler of X-Play fame said about the second game. There's a chase level with multiple trucks, Nate is sitting inside one truck's cargo area and shooting enemies in other trucks while they all move. They also take damage and blow up, so Adam kept dying. Then he realized that he's supposed to jump into another trucks himself, and that moment was mindblowing to him in 2009 because cover shooters didn't really have anything like that before. This is just to give more context to what @DrBloodmoney said about what was impressive back then, but certainly not anymore. That said, the biggest moments should still hold up. 

When it comes to the story and comparisons with other media, I've heard people compare it to pulp adventure fiction. You know, the hundreds of old books where the charismatic main character goes to an "exotic" place, kills tons of people, saves the girl, and finds the treasure. All of that while joking around without any weigth of countless murders on his shoulders. If that's what Naughty Dog was going for, then they probably nailed it. Characters including Nate himself certainly don't care about the fact that he kills a small army of enemies ?. At the same time, Uncharted follows the steps of Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider in many ways. They definitely had an influnce. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

Sounds like this game perfectly captured cats' essense. They really do hate things being placed on the shelves, desks, and other surfaces. 

fuck-this-fuck-that.gif

It must be nice to be in their perspective and do the same for a change, I guess ?.

34 minutes ago, Copanele said:

"crash bandicoot is the pinnacle of platforming you uncultured swine ENJOY IT OR ELSE"

uhhhh :ninja::ninja::ninja: ... You won't believe how often I held myself back from saying things like that, lmao. Growing up playing Crash, loving the shit out of these games on PS1, then seeing everyone online worship Mario 64 (Crash was not as popular in America as it was in Europe) and thinking that it looked shit - that was basically me 10+ years ago ?. Thankfully, I was not into fanboy wars even then. Now, I want to play every mainline Mario game and fill the blank space in my gaming life as a platformer fan.

It's an issue that I find with most popular games lately, the fans are so obsessed in shoving their beloved game down your throat you end up losing 2-3 points of excitement for the said game.

Actually, not wanting to play or watch something because it's being praised all over the internet is something that happens to me as well. I refuse to watch Squid Game for this exact reason, haha ?.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

On 24/11/2021 at 10:42 AM, Copanele said:

Now for the gameplay...it's around 30% platforming and 70% shooting and...to be honest that's the main flaw of the game. Although the gameplay itself works, with cover system, lots of weapons, smart enemies that don't just stand there, but actually cover, try to flank you, throw grenades and all that, IT'S TOO MUCH. Considering how many people you kill, Nathan Drake is the equivalent of Genghis Khan in terms of murders. Holy crap you shoot A LOT OF GOONS to the point where it's infuriating. Even Drake comments mid-fight "how many of you are there!".

Since you mentioned that you've thought about playing Uncharted 2, I have to say that this improves in the second game. I might be wrong because I played the originals ten years ago, but the impression I had at that time was the same as yours, too much shooting, a feeling I didn't have when I played U2. And I didn't even bother to finish the game in hard or crushing (brutal didn't exist back then) because I didn't care about trophies, but I already ended up tired of combat. I feel like the first Uncharted was just the foundation of what became a great game, U2 took the same formula and made something arguably mediocre into something brilliant, so I think you should at least try it! If U2 doesn't impress you, you can skip U3 ?

I doubt it's going to make the same wow effect now as it was ten years ago, but it might still hold as a great game.

And btw, I back that if you liked Guacamelee you should try Hollow Knight! Totally skip Path of Pain if you don't enjoy platforming, because it's really tight and really doesn't necessarily add anything to the game, but the rest of the "platforming" is standard metroidvania, with maybe some challenging bits but easily doable overall. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 1:42 AM, Copanele said:

OOHH GOD GET IT AWAY!!!!???

That jeep sequence was horrific enough on Crushing, and then on Brutal I remember after a while just laughing every time I died because it had gotten so absurd.

Great job on the Uncharted review! Was a fun read. The story is definitely B movie material, but it's just so.. I dunno, inoffensive? Like Jerry Smith, oh-God-bless-him-he's-trying type of charm. I'd give it 7 "ooohh you son of a bitch"es out of 10.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:35 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Dressed to Kill?

On 11/24/2021 at 7:57 AM, Slava said:

Yeah, watch (or even read) The Godfather, games can wait ?. It's a certified hood classic ?.

Facts?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FrediPy_ said:

Since you mentioned that you've thought about playing Uncharted 2, I have to say that this improves in the second game. I might be wrong because I played the originals ten years ago, but the impression I had at that time was the same as yours, too much shooting, a feeling I didn't have when I played U2. And I didn't even bother to finish the game in hard or crushing (brutal didn't exist back then) because I didn't care about trophies, but I already ended up tired of combat. I feel like the first Uncharted was just the foundation of what became a great game, U2 took the same formula and made something arguably mediocre into something brilliant, so I think you should at least try it! If U2 doesn't impress you, you can skip U3 1f602.png

I doubt it's going to make the same wow effect now as it was ten years ago, but it might still hold as a great game.

And btw, I back that if you liked Guacamelee you should try Hollow Knight! Totally skip Path of Pain if you don't enjoy platforming, because it's really tight and really doesn't necessarily add anything to the game, but the rest of the "platforming" is standard metroidvania, with maybe some challenging bits but easily doable overall. 

At this point I really think I will give Hollow Knight a go before U2, just because I simply like that type of game more if I think about it. And if the controls are the same as in Guacamelee then yeah I might go for the Path of Pain. What I will truly attempt in that game is doing the ...Pantheon I think it was?...legit. I know glitching the game forever removes the entire joy (also Arcesius will hunt most definitely hunt me with a crossbow if I do that?) . I only understood that Pantheon is a boss rush so hell, Bloody Palace mode it is!

Anyway both of those games are on my radar and up in the priority list:D

8 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

OOHH GOD GET IT AWAY!!!!1f631.png1f631.png1f631.png

That jeep sequence was horrific enough on Crushing, and then on Brutal I remember after a while just laughing every time I died because it had gotten so absurd.

Great job on the Uncharted review! Was a fun read. The story is definitely B movie material, but it's just so.. I dunno, inoffensive? Like Jerry Smith, oh-God-bless-him-he's-trying type of charm. I'd give it 7 "ooohh you son of a bitch"es out of 10.

Can I say that I actually had fun with the Jeep sequence? As mentioned, Nathan going ragdoll mode was SO FUNNY even if I died 200 times.

Of course when i got bored, I just activated super slowmo and did the damn thing. Brutal is hilariously unfair.

Now let's shock some people. I normally say that I will watch a movie and then immediately postpone it because honestly I am not a movie guy. But now I am in a vacation, visiting my parents and they have cable. So on the TV there was a particular movie and I promised I'd watch:

On 11/24/2021 at 3:31 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

OH MY GOOOOODDDD.

Yes, sir, you really do. 

The whole trilogy. The first is incredible, The second one is, I think, one of the true greatest movies ever made - and while the third doesn't come close to measuring up, it isn't nearly the tyre-fire people say it is. (Actually, there is a new cut of it that came out this year, which is a genuine improvement, IMO)

I know the baggage that comes with "Great Classic movies" - people expect that the film will be exquisite, but not necessarily compulsive or enjoyable, but those moves aren't that - they're incredibly watchable, fun movies - that also happen to be powerhouses of cinema!

On 11/24/2021 at 5:57 PM, Slava said:

Yeah, watch (or even read) The Godfather, games can wait 1f604.png. It's a certified hood classic 1f601.png.

I managed to watch the Godfather Part I on a random TV program. Holy damn you guys weren't kidding, this movie is awesome. I mean I could tell the movie was already awesome from the clips I've seen, but watching it from start to finish AND seeing how the actors perform....yep I totally understand all the praises. It goes without saying that Marlon Brando was my favorite, although I don't think I've ever seen Al Pacino play so viciously in a movie before either xD

I am also incredibly tired after watching it...wooowheee this was not a movie that you could leisurely watch. Guess all the Marvel movies slowed my brain lately ? I definitely need a break before attempting The Godfather Part II.

Bottom line: Thanks for the recommendation guys!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Copanele said:

At this point I really think I will give Hollow Knight a go before U2, just because I simply like that type of game more if I think about it. And if the controls are the same as in Guacamelee then yeah I might go for the Path of Pain. What I will truly attempt in that game is doing the ...Pantheon I think it was?...legit. I know glitching the game forever removes the entire joy (also Arcesius will hunt most definitely hunt me with a crossbow if I do that1f602.png) . I only understood that Pantheon is a boss rush so hell, Bloody Palace mode it is!

Well, the Pantheon is harder (time-consuming) than the Path of Pain in my opinion, but each one feels hard in a different way. Path of Pain is more trial and error, as if you were to beat some hard stages on Celeste, whereas the boss rush is putting a lot of practice to beat the hard bosses consistently. The pantheon is the only thing standing between me and the plat, because I think that glitching also removes the joy to it, but it's certainly doable if you put enough dozens of hours ? and it's a boss rush, no platforming!

go play it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

if by any chance you heard of Mitsurugi before DMC5, first of all - what is wrong with you? xD  and second of all, pick up DMC. Crazy good series...if you eliminate DMC2

If I've learned anything from Copanele, it is never, ever, play DMC2 ?

Congrats on the plat.  

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Hah every time I say I play a game, I end up playing something COMPLETELY different xD and I don't even do it on purpose

I FEEL you on this!  Every. Single. Time. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Together_Comic said:

If I've learned anything from Copanele, it is never, ever, play DMC2 1f602.png

Congrats on the plat.  

I FEEL you on this!  Every. Single. Time. 1f62d.png

Thanks! Days passed without mocking DMC2 : 0 xD

Gotta reset that counter periodically!

• Like 1