Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

Holy Cross, that's a lot of Castlevania! You've been busy ?

Be interested to see what you think of the Lords of Shadow game - I dug it, but not sure if my own lack of deep Castlevania knowledge of these older games helped or hurt that, so will be interesting to see your opinion playing them so quickly after some of these classic ones!

• Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

Holy Cross, that's a lot of Castlevania! You've been busy 1f602.png

Be interested to see what you think of the Lords of Shadow game - I dug it, but not sure if my own lack of deep Castlevania knowledge of these older games helped or hurt that, so will be interesting to see your opinion playing them so quickly after some of these classic ones!

Yep, after I get one trophy in Persona 4 Arena (my own weakness towards milestones, I admit xD ) I will IMMEDIATELY AND UNDOUBTEDLY start Lords of Shadow. I wanted a DMC /God of War game and this looks like the perfect opportunity.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Yep, after I get one trophy in Persona 4 Arena (my own weakness towards milestones, I admit xD ) I will IMMEDIATELY AND UNDOUBTEDLY start Lords of Shadow. I wanted a DMC /God of War game and this looks like the perfect opportunity.

I look forward to the inevitable conclusion to this awesome endeavour: The Definitive Ranking of Belmonts! ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

1f4af.pngNo. 42: Castlevania Anniversary Collection

Awesome read as usual ?. 

Idk if you've played the god of war series (the ones from the ps2 and PS3 era) but is it correct to say that castlvania is similar to those games? Well some are side scrollers (?) (Not sure if that's the right term to use lol) but I mean the ones that are in 3rd person. 

Anyway, just curious. Probably won't play the Castlevania games though xD

15 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Awesome read as usual 1f44d.png

Idk if you've played the god of war series (the ones from the ps2 and PS3 era) but is it correct to say that castlvania is similar to those games? Well some are side scrollers (?) (Not sure if that's the right term to use lol) but I mean the ones that are in 3rd person. 

Anyway, just curious. Probably won't play the Castlevania games though xD

Yeah, I played just abit of God of War before, to justify a PS3 purchase. Only tested the greek waters however, nothing serious really.

92cJp7C.jpg

Sorry, I had to ? Puzzle Quest FTW

Anyway, the main Castlevania games are sidescrollers, I think like 90% of the titles are like that. The new 3D ones however, yeah, they are like God of War from what I've seen. I really hope they have some form of identity and they are not like Dante's Inferno (aka bootleg christian Kratos)

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

Glad to hear you had a (mostly) good time with the Castlevania series!! Man those games take me back... I def played the hell out of them as a kid! I actually have a pretty soft spot for C2, but it's totally understandable why you just passworded your way through... It's kind of a doozy! I don't know that I'd have the wherewithal nowadays to give that a legit go anyway  ?  I can't honestly say I even did it legit the whole way through back then ?

BTW, WTF is Kid Dracula?!! I'm gonna have to look that one up, never heard of it before... But with a name like that, it just sounds atrocious ??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Glad to hear you had a (mostly) good time with the Castlevania series!! Man those games take me back... I def played the hell out of them as a kid! I actually have a pretty soft spot for C2, but it's totally understandable why you just passworded your way through... It's kind of a doozy! I don't know that I'd have the wherewithal nowadays to give that a legit go anyway  ?  I can't honestly say I even did it legit the whole way through back then ?

BTW, WTF is Kid Dracula?!! I'm gonna have to look that one up, never heard of it before... But with a name like that, it just sounds atrocious ??

Wow loving C2, interesting xD I mean that game would have looked awesome as a kid, but now...nope. That purple ain't doing it for me.

As for Kid Dracula...this is my experience with it.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Copanele said:

Wow loving C2, interesting xD I mean that game would have looked awesome as a kid, but now...nope. That purple ain't doing it for me.

As for Kid Dracula...this is my experience with it.....

Had to pause it to see what that bird actually throws and it's actually other little birds, thought for a sec that they were already cooked too...

5 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

Had to pause it to see what that bird actually throws and it's actually other little birds, thought for a sec that they were already cooked too...

There's one regret about Kid Dracula. There's a cabaret minigame, but the minigame order is random and I could never manage to see what the hell it is about xD

This game has NOTHING to do with Castlevania.

I grew up playing Castlevania so I'm loving all this Castlevania talk ?. I'm amazed and disappointed at myself for not playing a single one on my PSN profile...yet. That will change very soon. 

Anyways is it just me but does anyone else think of that AVGN episode when I see someone mention Castlevania II? I highly recommend that episode if you haven't seen it already. It's one of his earliest reviews and he still references himself to this day. One of my favourites!

I also highly recommend the Netflix series. It's a banger! 

I would love to see Castlevania 64 make it's way to modern consoles one day. I was a N64 kid growing up so I played Castlevania 64 instead of SOTN growing up. I obviously corrected that mistake when I bought SOTN off the PSN store when it got re released on PS3 and played it to death. I don't think Castlevania 64 is as bad as people make it out to be but I admit it's a bit of nostalgia that's giving me the feels. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Copanele said:

1f4af.pngNo. 42: Castlevania Anniversary Collection

header.jpg?t=1581381816

Hardest trophy: Heir of the Belmont Clan 1Mcbe90b.png - complete all games

Difficulty: 2/10 - you have save states

Personal impression: 7.5/10

THE GOOD:

- truly a classic in terms of old games

- music is a banger

- save states actually improve the experience

- Castlevania III and Super Castlevania IV are probably the best out there

- you'll feel like a 1400 Romanian peasant chasing away ghouls

THE BAD:

- fkin medusa heads JESUS

- Castlevania II is ass

- GBA games and Kid Dracula are meh

Recommendation: Castlevania the Netflix series castlevania-canceled.jpg - a rare instance where a Netflix production is close to a 10/10, watch this even if you don't like Castlevania. The writing, the cast, everything is amazing about this show. Also Isaac is the best character ever.

Nice review! It was interesting to read this & I found that video pretty funny wondering what it was lol. I haven't thought about it but maybe might check this show out since I haven't seen it & it could be cool. The only game I've played is Castlevania: Harmony of Despair & it was nice of @SnowxSakura to help out on the more difficult trophies on the game. I still remember not being able to do much except spam whatever magic I had from afar hoping to contribute lol. It's been great to be able to play the game since it's really fun & I'm glad I finally played one of these.

2 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I grew up playing Castlevania so I'm loving all this Castlevania talk ?. I'm amazed and disappointed at myself for not playing a single one on my PSN profile...yet. That will change very soon. 

Anyways is it just me but does anyone else think of that AVGN episode when I see someone mention Castlevania II? I highly recommend that episode if you haven't seen it already. It's one of his earliest reviews and he still references himself to this day. One of my favourites!

I also highly recommend the Netflix series. It's a banger! 

I would love to see Castlevania 64 make it's way to modern consoles one day. I was a N64 kid growing up so I played Castlevania 64 instead of SOTN growing up. I obviously corrected that mistake when I bought SOTN off the PSN store when it got re released on PS3 and played it to death. I don't think Castlevania 64 is as bad as people make it out to be but I admit it's a bit of nostalgia that's giving me the feels. 

It's interesting as I never played any of these before until recently & as I mentioned above I was able to try out Castlevania: Harmony of Despair with the help of @SnowxSakura awhile ago so it's been pretty cool to try one out. I'm actually currently playing through it now to finish it off. It also looks like you recommend the show as well so it sounds like a must. 

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

It's interesting as I never played any of these before until recently & as I mentioned above I was able to try out Castlevania: Harmony of Despair with the help of @SnowxSakura awhile ago so it's been pretty cool to try one out. I'm actually currently playing through it now to finish it off. It also looks like you recommend the show as well so it sounds like a must. 

Man, you definitely need to watch the netflix show. I mean, you don't have to know anything about Castlevania even, just enjoy one of the best shows released in late years!

I'd personally give it a 9.5/10, and only because Season 3 has some minor hiccups and is not as great as the other seasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

What could go wrong?

E4zL2pSUcAANTH_.jpg

they decided that you should start your quest with a swamp

Hey, the best masterpieces start in the swamp, like Shrek. Take your words back! ?

YOU CANNOT CANCEL YOUR MOVES BY ANY MEAN!

Yeah, it's fascinating how a very small but very important thing can ruin a game, isn't it. I could see this bothering me throughout the game too.

You just chilling and then suddenly PRESS THA BUTTON out of nowhere. Cheap trick.

I also hate quick time events in the middle of cutscenes. The entire history of videogames taught us to separate cutscenes from gameplay. But this has changed somewhere in the middle of the PS3 generation where in-engine cutscenes and quick-time events became the norm. I think RE5 had a little bit of that as well, maybe not as sudden though. 

Welp, looks like 2D Castlevania are much better in quality. Because as far as I know, the other 3D Castlevania games weren't very good either. The N64 and PS2 titles have scores around 70/100. And I've hear a lot of praise for Symphony of the Night and some GBA and DS titles. 

Ashamed to say I've never played any Castlevania games except one on the NES for a few minutes, but if I were to change that, I'd play the NES ones and Symphony of the Night.

But anyway, Castlevania is dead now, like all other Konami franchizes. No new games since 2014.

EjU3TlLVoAExnC8.jpg

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Congrats @Copanele on earning your freedom from Lords of Shadow! Entertaining write-up as well. I missed out on all the games that predated this one, so the history lesson was of use. 1f61b.png

I feel kind of bad for somewhat roping you into the game, but someone with more action game experience needed to see the dumpster fire that I got burned alive in. If I pick up an action game you haven't played yet in the future, I'll try to make sure it's a good one! :lol:

Don't feel bad, because this counts as an experience xD Plus I HAD TO see for myself.

Let me know what you pick next, I will take some painkillers beforehand ?

24 minutes ago, Slava said:

Hey, the best masterpieces start in the swamp, like Shrek. Take your words back! ?

My apologies! THAT IS TRUE! FORGIVE ME MY LORD SHREK! I was just ogrewhelmed by this bad game!

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, Slava said:

I also hate quick time events in the middle of cutscenes. The entire history of videogames taught us to separate cutscenes from gameplay. But this has changed somewhere in the middle of the PS3 generation where in-engine cutscenes and quick-time events became the norm. I think RE5 had a little bit of that as well, maybe not as sudden though. 

Welp, looks like 2D Castlevania are much better in quality. Because as far as I know, the other 3D Castlevania games weren't very good either. The N64 and PS2 titles have scores around 70/100. And I've hear a lot of praise for Symphony of the Night and some GBA and DS titles. 

Ashamed to say I've never played any Castlevania games except one on the NES for a few minutes, but if I were to change that, I'd play the NES ones and Symphony of the Night.

But anyway, Castlevania is dead now, like all other Konami franchizes. No new games since 2014.

Konami really sold its soul to the Pachinko devils. But yeah, I do recommend playing the Collection. I will venture to say that Symphony of the Night is also criminally good, only from the stuff that I saw on youtube. Should have played that one instead.

Other than that...yeah to hell with Konami. Burying good franchises just like that....

• Like 4

On 11/6/2021 at 5:51 PM, yuber1234 said:

Congrats on the plat! Not being able to cancel your attacks is retarded. The rest of it doesn't sound too bad but if I can't cancel attacks, that's a hard pass.

You never knew how much you needed a vital mechanic until they take it from you xD

21 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I used to want to complete the entire Castlevania collection (for obvious reasons), but past reviews of Lords of Shadow changed my mind. Your review just solidified it. What a hot mess.

Yeah it's not worth the hassle I would say, there's better games to spend your time with. Had exactly the same plan, even wanted to see if I can find Harmony of Despair on PS3 but after this game...nah I will be fine with the 2D ones that I already own.

To add insult to injury, I had a look on the Mirrors of Fate story. Gameplay aside...plot looks actually good this time around. Damn these games. But the gameplay is still a hot mess, only in 2D format. And no you can't skip it to just play Lords of Shadow 2 else you won't understand a thing.

• Like 1