Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

14 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum:No. 163 - Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

479.jpg

Fantastic review man!

I'm really glad you still had a pretty positive opinion of your time with it coming out the other side of it.....

...... It's definitely a janky European game experience for sure...... I mean you and I, we're pretty much guaranteed to like that aspect (for whatever reason,) but I could totally see why it would make other people incredibly frustrated, and feel the need to throw their controller against the wall like a bouncy ball.

I am playing a janky EuroRPG at the moment Mars:War Logs that I think the tolerance level we both have for bad combat in those titles - could be pushed to the limit - I've died too many times to being surrounded by Moles with unblockable and un-dodgable attacks - to the point where I almost want to go to a field and kick a load of molehills down... But I won't because animals are awesome - and real moles didn't do anything to me. Just the dickhead ones that live on Mars and look like little four legged poo's. Those can get in the bin....

Ahem..... ?......... Erm, yes Hitman! Back to Hitman

I'm so glad you mentioned the final mission Redemption at Gontranno in your review - because I totally glossed over how good that was in my own review, I'm really pleased that you did though, because it's great. It feels like those scenes in movies where a character just puts war paint on and completely wrecks everyone silent and deadly style.

47 essentially goes Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now :lol: in that mission and I love it! You got that feeling it gives you across so well! 

Thoroughly enjoyed reading that, and it was a nice reminder too - that I have a Hitman Contracts review to hurry up and write - otherwise you will have completed part 3 of the recent trilogy by the time I actually finish writing reviews for the old ones ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

You played Hitman 2, the original?

Christ, I've been real behind on your status updates and progress. I guess that's what happens when you have real life take over.

Yup, the one and only xD in mood for some good old games lately. 

7 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Just wait until I buy the Devil May Cry trilogy on the PS4 and give Devil May Cry 2 high praise.

Now wait a moment there buster...there's some stuff that no man should joke about here!

Actually go for it ? I WOULD GLADLY TAKE A DMC2 PRAISE if that would get you into DMC trilogy xD It might kill my soul but hell why not... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yuber1234 said:

Congrats! The fact that you enjoyed a turn-based game makes me curious about the game lol; I'm gonna look into it. I'm hesitant to play it though because I like all of my questions to be answered by the end, unless there will be a sequel.

Heh it will be a weird thing to say, but I like turn based combat, just not the japanese one ? 

You will like the game, I can bet. The main questions are answered in game. And if by any chance you don't enjoy it, the game is short anyway :D  I'd say give it a go, it's a way better choice compared to the classic jank xD 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Really amazing how much it can change the game, just with a slight change of Functions, isn’t it? I feel like every time I set a new build, I’d be like “This. This is the one! Screw that other build, it’s a build for chumps!…” then 10 mins later… “no wait, THIS. THIS is the one, fuck that dumb last one, it’s for losers..!”

I really went for function optimization big time xD and yeah! I kept discovering more and more OP builds that made the previous ones feel like a joke!

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Whats great about Supergiant, is that there isn’t a single game they have that isn’t awesome - I don’t even need to be like, “now play this one…” I can just say “Now play all the rest!” 1f601.png

Yeeeee! Already having them, only Bastion and Pyre remain. Damn, only 2 games :( 

The price of quality xD 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: 164 - Transistor

Personal impression: 9.6/10

Yes! Very nice review, Copa! I enjoyed this game quite a bit as well, which wasn't as much of a surprise since I usually enjoy turn-based combat. But how combat works in this game, all the experimentation that can be done, the programming-references.. were just super fun to me. In addition to, as you mention, Transistor being an overall gorgeous game with a fantastic soundtrack... 

But I have still been surprised by Supergiant Games... I dislike Visual Novels. A lot... When I read, I read books. I don't like the concept of a visual novel, they are just not for me...

And then I played Pyre ? Holy fuck if that wasn't a "well, what do you think about Visual Novels now, heh?" Yeah, this studio knows what they are doing, and they are doing it with a lot of love. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Yes! Very nice review, Copa! I enjoyed this game quite a bit as well, which wasn't as much of a surprise since I usually enjoy turn-based combat. But how combat works in this game, all the experimentation that can be done, the programming-references.. were just super fun to me. In addition to, as you mention, Transistor being an overall gorgeous game with a fantastic soundtrack... 

But I have still been surprised by Supergiant Games... I dislike Visual Novels. A lot... When I read, I read books. I don't like the concept of a visual novel, they are just not for me...

And then I played Pyre 1f602.png Holy fuck if that wasn't a "well, what do you think about Visual Novels now, heh?" Yeah, this studio knows what they are doing, and they are doing it with a lot of love. 

Well now, you've really caught my curiosity. Because I too don't get along at all with Visual Novels, as you might have deduced xD really NOT for me. And yet you had that great experience with Pyre...

So glad I bought them all :D thank you, past me ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

Damn... the Supergiant marathon keeps getting bumped up in priority...

Excellent write-up! Nice, informative, and enthusiastic - literally the absolute worst thing to read when trying to justify to myself why I keep putting off playing it1f604.png

Hah we are all at fault for putting off some amazing games, just to end up ordering a clown nose after playing them, because damn i was a fool for not playing it sooner.

The best part at Transistor, to further convince you, is that the game and the platinum itself does not take long to do. It took me 2 days to platinum it and trust me it was a 100% blind playthrough from beginning until the end. No internet needed :D so it won't be a massive time investment either way.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2021 at 10:34 AM, Copanele said:

This is the second Supergiant game that I am playing. I was mad impressed with Hades and now with Transistor I am positively convinced that this company really does put care and effort in their products. I will play Bastion at a later date for sure, since that one is praised like crazy too.

I just need a Turn() cooldown to recover from so much artistic form xD I can't process this much.

I love it when another user on here discovers how amazing Supergiant games are ?. I remember when I discovered them back when I picked up Transistor for $5 on sale. I played it for a little while, didn't click with it, and left it on the shelf for well over a month to go play the new Spider-Man game that came out. I came back to it and LOOOOOOOVED it due to all the factors you mentioned from the delightfully simple yet intricate combat system as well as learning what each function does. Somehow, Transistor wasn't my favorite game of theirs. I STILL think about Pyre to this day. It's a remarkably special game and while I'll concede the gameplay system definitely caters to me (I'm a sports nut, I was literally doing eSports commentary of my own moves as I played), it is Supergiant's best work IMO. I bought the physical edition of Hades and am saving it for my 175th plat milestone since I'm 99% sure I'll love it. Bastion is GOOD. I think it's the "worst" of their games but not because it's bad but rather how much they've improved upon each new release of theirs. 

Reading your review gave me butterflies of when I discovered the studio back in 2019 and played all 3 of their games(back then) in a span of 7 months. It's awesome that Hades launched their studio into a new stratosphere of being recognizable amongst a huge froth of gamers and I cannot even begin to imagine what their 5th project will look like. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, realm722 said:

I love it when another user on here discovers how amazing Supergiant games are 1f601.png. I remember when I discovered them back when I picked up Transistor for $5 on sale. I played it for a little while, didn't click with it, and left it on the shelf for well over a month to go play the new Spider-Man game that came out. I came back to it and LOOOOOOOVED it due to all the factors you mentioned from the delightfully simple yet intricate combat system as well as learning what each function does. Somehow, Transistor wasn't my favorite game of theirs. I STILL think about Pyre to this day. It's a remarkably special game and while I'll concede the gameplay system definitely caters to me (I'm a sports nut, I was literally doing eSports commentary of my own moves as I played), it is Supergiant's best work IMO. I bought the physical edition of Hades and am saving it for my 175th plat milestone since I'm 99% sure I'll love it. Bastion is GOOD. I think it's the "worst" of their games but not because it's bad but rather how much they've improved upon each new release of theirs. 

Reading your review gave me butterflies of when I discovered the studio back in 2019 and played all 3 of their games(back then) in a span of 7 months. It's awesome that Hades launched their studio into a new stratosphere of being recognizable amongst a huge froth of gamers and I cannot even begin to imagine what their 5th project will look like. 

I really hope they will still take their time and do a masterpiece even after Hades  success :D Because my god Supergiant made me rediscover my love for videogames

Really, I forgot that there's companies that can REALLY put that much soul in a game.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, Copanele said:

Transistor_art.jpg

Loved this man!

I love that you loved this - and now I've said love too many times in a short space of time.... Never ye mind!

I still have three of Supergiants titles to play myself, but I'm excited to get to them

This game has been on and off my mind for almost the entire year since I played this last December - it really stuck with me for so many reasons.

Even if you take the story out of the equation entirely - you'd still have a tremendous game to enjoy! It has so much replayability it's ridiculous, I really like the fact the trophies make you play with so many limiters on, as it's a really interesting way of making some versatile build adjustments that you never usually would. Or screwing them up so much like I did once or twice that you have to wing it with a load of crap things you'd never usually put together. :lol:

I would have liked more bosses too to be perfectly honest - great comparison to the beastly NieR Automata boss too by the way!

3 hours ago, realm722 said:

Bastion is GOOD. I think it's the "worst" of their games but not because it's bad but rather how much they've improved upon each new release of theirs. 

In the words of Joe Swanson....... "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODY"

I'm planning to play this soon - so I hope it's not too basic that I end up being disappointed by that, I'm sure I'll be able to appreciate that that's where they started as a company and have a great time with it anyway.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2021 at 9:34 AM, Copanele said:

Warning: this review might be incoherent. It happens when I enjoy a game abit too much.

Transistor_art.jpg

This is a really nice review. I believe Transistor was a free PS Plus game in spring of 2015, so it was one of the first games I ever played after buying my PS4 in February of that year. The soundtrack was the first thing that stood out to me, as well. I enjoyed it so much I'd listen to it while playing other games like NBA 2K. Sadly I ended up falling off the game and never coming back. From time to time I think about revisiting it, but your review might be the thing that finally brings me back after almost 7 years.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Copanele said:

You definitely need to get to it :D it's worth it! As I mentioned before, even if say it doesn't catch your interest, it's not a long game by any means! But well, if the soundtrack caught your attention, then for sure you'll find the love of it.

I really appreciate that feedback. I didn't realize that it was on the shorter side, so I think it's definitely doable for me to play it. I was rereading some reviews last night, and I think (with your help) I've talked myself into going back to it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Copanele said:Ok, now I need to find another small game to play until they release Shadow Man. I can't WAIT to play the remaster of that game.For who doesn't know - quite a bit of people - Shadow Man is a 1999 game where you go between the land of the living and the dead in order to defeat 5 serial killers. Beautiful action-horror game that was part of my childhood. It being released in 2021 fills my heart with joy.I love that game the same way I love Turok 2!

Yo I remember that shit! More specifically, I remember being startled hearing somebody say "shit" in a Nintendo game?

Had no idea that was bein brought back, I'm about that!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Yo I remember that shit! More specifically, I remember being startled hearing somebody say "shit" in a Nintendo game1f604.png

Had no idea that was bein brought back, I'm about that!

You mean Shadowman? Doesn't show me anything in the Quoted box sadly :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

You mean Shadowman? Doesn't show me anything in the Quoted box sadly :( 

Dang, I didn't see that! Lousy quoting system...

Yeah, Shadowman! I haven't thought about that game in years. If peeps are still playing Grim Fandango (which I'm actually meaning to get into this month), Shadowman certainly deserves the same!