[PSNP+ v8.5] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

First of all, great work with the extension! Been a long time user and have to congratulate you with the updates you have been doing with it

Don't know if this was a request before or if anyone had this idea. Is it possible to add more filters in the game search page? Filters like owned games/completed games.

Right now whenever i want to see new games, the ones i own stay highlighted but it would be cool if i could simply filter them out.

@HusKy, first of all dude, thankyou for actually caring about this site and wanting to keep it alive with all these features. It's really awesome what you're doing.

Second of all, I don't know if I missed something, but I recently re-installed windows and now when I search for games on PSNP (with PSNP+ installed), it has a few bugs:

1. It doesn't highlight ALL completed games in bold text and a blue background, only some
  2. It also doesn't highlight owned/started games with the bold text and yellow background at all
  3. Sometimes it even highlights games with bold text and blue background that aren't 100% complete, only platted.

Granted, the third could be intentional, but I thought I would highlight this anyway.

Also, as a suggestion for the future, would it be possible to have a progress bar on these search bar games? Would be a "nice to have thing", but not necessary at all!

7 hours ago, Nitro said:

@HusKy, first of all dude, thankyou for actually caring about this site and wanting to keep it alive with all these features. It's really awesome what you're doing.

Second of all, I don't know if I missed something, but I recently re-installed windows and now when I search for games on PSNP (with PSNP+ installed), it has a few bugs:

1. It doesn't highlight ALL completed games in bold text and a blue background, only some
  2. It also doesn't highlight owned/started games with the bold text and yellow background at all
  3. Sometimes it even highlights games with bold text and blue background that aren't 100% complete, only platted.

Granted, the third could be intentional, but I thought I would highlight this anyway.

Also, as a suggestion for the future, would it be possible to have a progress bar on these search bar games? Would be a "nice to have thing", but not necessary at all!

Yes this is normal. You need to go to your profile and click "Load All Games" button or just scroll all the way down.

However, you have so many games that the script may run out of storage. I have started working on new storage engine but it's gonna take a while.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Yes this is normal. You need to go to your profile and click "Load All Games" button or just scroll all the way down.

However, you have so many games that the script may run out of storage. I have started working on new storage engine but it's gonna take a while.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try that and see how I go.

Again, thanks for all your hard work!

• Like 1

@HusKy Could you implement some sort of story completion percentage based on the trophies labelled as "story" in the guide that have been earned? I'd like to know how far I am into a game's story without having to look at the guide or the secret trophies. It would be nice to have on the profile page (psnprofiles.com/USERNAME) near the rank or something, so you can see it at a quick glance when looking through the trophies list or in the game's page instead (psnprofiles.com/trophies/GAME/USERNAME).

Also, an option in the PSNP+ menu to highlight or label the trophies (something like the unobtainable orange highlight) based on the labels given in the guide. Like if a trophy is "Buggy" then the red rectangle "Buggy" icon from the guide could go right beside the trophy name (Like how difficulty, playthroughs and hours are treated on the profile page) so at a glance you can see which trophies are the ones for collectibles or missable, etc.

4 hours ago, mmmrkennedy said:

@HusKy Could you implement some sort of story completion percentage based on the trophies labelled as "story" in the guide that have been earned? I'd like to know how far I am into a game's story without having to look at the guide or the secret trophies. It would be nice to have on the profile page (psnprofiles.com/USERNAME) near the rank or something, so you can see it at a quick glance when looking through the trophies list or in the game's page instead (psnprofiles.com/trophies/GAME/USERNAME).

No plans to add this. This would be tricky to determine accurately and would be more confusing then anything else.

4 hours ago, mmmrkennedy said:

Also, an option in the PSNP+ menu to highlight or label the trophies (something like the unobtainable orange highlight) based on the labels given in the guide. Like if a trophy is "Buggy" then the red rectangle "Buggy" icon from the guide could go right beside the trophy name (Like how difficulty, playthroughs and hours are treated on the profile page) so at a glance you can see which trophies are the ones for collectibles or missable, etc.

Hmm, this could be done. I will add this to my backlog.

12 minutes ago, Zguvat said:

All my lists are gone, any idea why? I didn't do anything, just noticed they aren't anymore :))) i had 10 lists or something like that.

Something must have deleted the data, could have been your browser settings as well.

Hopefully you made a backup which you can restore.

• Like 2

On 07/05/2023 at 6:27 PM, HusKy said:

Something must have deleted the data, could have been your browser settings as well.

All my stuff just deleted recently too; noticed this morning all my personalisation settings were reset and all lists gone.

On 07.05.2023 at 8:27 PM, HusKy said:

Unfortunately i didn't make a backup, it is what it is i guess :)).  I have no idea what could have deleted the data, literally didn't touch anything.

9 hours ago, euantp_ said:

All my stuff just deleted recently too; noticed this morning all my personalisation settings were reset and all lists gone.

I have never had this happen to me, so that means almost 4 years of data being kept in the browser. All I can think of is that you, your browser or some external tool (CCleaner and things like that) removed the data. As always, you should export all of your data from time to time, especially after making large changes in your lists.

I'm planning to improve this in the future but the script is not ready yet.

• Like 1

I've had my PSNP+ data get wiped several times, but it usually affected some other extensions too, and weirdly I had some site switch back to light mode. I'm guessing it was some general issue that sometimes clears localStorage. But whatever the cause, I try to back up my PSNP+ data regularly so it hasn't been a problem.

@HusKy maybe we need some sort of backup reminder feature ?

4 minutes ago, grukev said:

Are the toggle buttons removed? I cant find them on the session, the guides or the main pages.

Nope, the floating menus should appear normally.

Make sure this checkbox is not checked. It's inside PSNP+ settings.

Jg7zPRo.png

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

Minor bug but the Thief guide tries to default to match for 'Uncharted 4: A Thief's end' instead of Thief. Thief as an option to match is still there as an option, but maybe it could be cleared out so that it's the default 

On 12. 5. 2023 at 7:03 AM, Gwendly said:

Minor bug but the Thief guide tries to default to match for 'Uncharted 4: A Thief's end' instead of Thief. Thief as an option to match is still there as an option, but maybe it could be cleared out so that it's the default 

Yeah, the code that matches games with guides is pretty simple. I will look into improving it.

28 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

Would be great if next to rarity counts we could get shown the rarity of the rarest trophy as well.

The lowest rarity can be already seen in the sidebar:

obr-zok.png

28 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

Maybe even split it into rarest in base game and rarest overall, but thats optional tbh.

Not really planning to do this.

• Like 1

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Amazing add-on for the site..

Just a note on the side: Previously the trophies I earned would disappear from the "Trophy Guide of the Game", but now they don't disappear but rather appear in a kind of green color, even if I activate the option from the settings.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PeacefulGuy0 said:

Previously the trophies I earned would disappear from the "Trophy Guide of the Game", but now they don't disappear but rather appear in a kind of green color, even if I activate the option from the settings.

Can you tell me which guide?

4 minutes ago, PeacefulGuy0 said:

Oh, maybe it's because I hid the floating manu. I have now reactivated it and everything works just fine. Thx :)

This is actually a bug -- thanks for the report, I will fix it in the next update.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1