[PSNP+ v8.5] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

I never understood why psnp filters change from “games section” and “my games”, I really miss the possibility to search games I didn’t play based on some criteria like “with platinum games”, would be very nice if we could filter popularity and difficulty setting from % to % and users with the game from x to y. This context we could figure out some hidden gems out there, I know that filtering fast achievement time together would be crazy considering multiple extras request, so I can live without it xD, but the others are really achievable…right?

edit: maybe a checkbox on the leaderboard for a specific game just to show my country users would be very nice, sometimes I need to go through page by page just to see if anyone from my country plat it. 

Edited by LocaJogos
Update

16 hours ago, Dash_373 said:

This is just an idea, but could you add a feature that picks a random game from the whole website? This would help those who don't know what to play next and if they want to try something new.

Seems like a niche request. Not sure I will add this but you can find a random game just by generating 3 random numbers.

15 hours ago, ShadePokemon said:

Is there a way to add all my games to my game list at the same?

Fastest way is to create an empty list.

Now go to game search and search for games you would like to add, e.g. https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=ratchet

The "plus" button on the right side adds or removes games from your last active list:

DDXAXZx.png

12 hours ago, LocaJogos said:

I never understood why psnp filters change from “games section” and “my games”, I really miss the possibility to search games I didn’t play based on some criteria like “with platinum games”, would be very nice if we could filter popularity and difficulty setting from % to % and users with the game from x to y. This context we could figure out some hidden gems out there, I know that filtering fast achievement time together would be crazy considering multiple extras request, so I can live without it xD, but the others are really achievable…right?

Not really feasible with a script I'm afraid. This would have to be implemented directly on PSNProfiles. The script can't magically search the database with new criteria.

12 hours ago, LocaJogos said:

edit: maybe a checkbox on the leaderboard for a specific game just to show my country users would be very nice, sometimes I need to go through page by page just to see if anyone from my country plat it. 

Not possible. You can however highlight users (rows) from specified countries -- you can set these countries in PSNP+ settings.

6 hours ago, HusKy said:

Not really feasible with a script I'm afraid. This would have to be implemented directly on PSNProfiles. The script can't magically search the database with new criteria.

Not possible. You can however highlight users (rows) from specified countries -- you can set these countries in PSNP+ settings.

Got it, in both cases I was thinking about to work with the existent data, like...first page would load the next 9 in background and with that info apply the filter, the next page would load the next 10 and apply the filter too...and so on, same thing with the leaderboards.

On 10-4-2023 at 0:51 AM, Dash_373 said:

This is just an idea, but could you add a feature that picks a random game from the whole website? This would help those who don't know what to play next and if they want to try something new.

You can do this yourself in a couple of steps. If you own a PS5 you can generate a number between 2238 (Battlefield 4, which is the oldest game in the PS store) and like 21K (# of games at the moment of writing this) in a random number generator. Change that number in the URL, for instance for battlefield 4: (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2238-battlefield-4). Changing the 2238 to 2239 will change the list to Call of duty Ghosts. This will be your 'random generated game'. Works fine that way. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HusKy said:

New update is out - v7.1

This update brings information from PSNP+ Unobtainable Trophies Master List directly into guides. This is something that I've been planning to add for a long time.

7.1 11/4/2023
=============

- guide: trophies inside guides that are tracked inside PSNP+ Unobtainable Trophies Master List are now tagged
  - example can be seen in: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1210-max-payne-3-trophy-guide

PSNP+ creates new purple "Unobtainable" tag and adds this tag to all relevant trophies. Clicking the tag will apply filter to whole trophy guide and only those trophies will be visible.

d02W470.png

G5F2vu8.png

Some guides contain information about "Unattainable" trophies. In this case the information is doubled. This will be useful for both guide writers and those who contribute to master list to quickly double check the info:

C2svrfG.png

However, the script goes one step further. If the trophy list contains unobtainable trophies that are not covered by the guide, the script will still warn you:

(base game guide)

mimZs9j.png

(dlc guide)

Xgww4Wp.png

See it in action:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7853-onrush-trophy-guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1210-max-payne-3-trophy-guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/67-resogun-trophy-guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1127-resogun-construction-kit-dlc-trophy-guide

@HusKy Would it be possible to use that purple ish color for unobtainable? When I go to one of those guide it show it to me in Orange. 

Thought having different color may easily determine what is what. And maybe a ?icon too for people who are color blind?

@HusKy,

Site updates you continue to provide are extremely helpful and convenient.  The latest update, 7.1, identifying the unobtainable trophies within each relevant guide regardless if its identified in the guide, is a big deal and I absolutely love it.  Thank you for all the updates you provide regularly to the site!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, phoenix24x said:

@HusKy Would it be possible to use that purple ish color for unobtainable? When I go to one of those guide it show it to me in Orange. 

Thought having different color may easily determine what is what. And maybe a 1f6ab.pngicon too for people who are color blind?

What's the problem with orange? The color is not even that important, just use the filter inside trophy lists.

mlipg6W.png

6 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

I assume it would not be possible to search games by region? I've often wanted to know how many Korean or Chinese trophysets there are, but there's no real way to search

Yeah, I don't think this is possible.

Edited by HusKy

14 hours ago, HusKy said:

What's the problem with orange? The color is not even that important, just use the filter inside trophy lists.

mlipg6W.png

Yeah, I don't think this is possible.

It just visually stood out for me but I also like the filter method. Honestly I never tried it that way before. Now I will. Thank you

Thanks a lot for custom notes in lists! Great feature.

It is buggy a bit tho, i have two games, where notes are dissapearing:

Spider-Man here:

d0VJzKO.png

and The Wonderful 101 here:

yvbQ8Pi.png

I added notes for them 2-3 times and after a while they dissapear.

Edited by MrBasia

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

change it to a cup of coffee

Yep, I can add an option to change it to coffee. ☕

The only reason I don't use "coffee" is because I don't drink it and so therefore can't relate to it. xD

1 hour ago, MrBasia said:

yvbQ8Pi.png

Keep in mind the script uses alphabetical sort, not numerical. For example, numbers 1-10 would be sorted as:

Solution for this is to use padded numbers, e.g. 01, 02, ..., 09, 10...

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Keep in mind the script uses alphabetical sort, not numerical. For example, numbers 1-10 would be sorted as:

Solution for this is to use padded numbers, e.g. 01, 02, ..., 09, 10...

Yea, of course, that is not a problem.

Problem is, that some notes are disappearing after adding them.

Hey HusKy, couple questions/suggestions:

1. Is it possible to speed up the scrolling that occurs when dragging games up and down lists, either statically or as a toggle? Something like 50% or 100% more speed for the real big lists would be a godsend.
  2. I like the idea of adding notes to listed games, but is there a reason it has to fully reload the whole list every time you make an addition or remove a note?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xillynoc said:

Hey HusKy, couple questions/suggestions:

1. Is it possible to speed up the scrolling that occurs when dragging games up and down lists, either statically or as a toggle? Something like 50% or 100% more speed for the real big lists would be a godsend.

Yeah, it's slow. I increased scrolling speed and also increased the distance that triggers scrolling so it's no longer needed to drag the item so close to the edge to start scrolling. It just feels a lot more responsive now.

1 hour ago, Xillynoc said:
  1. I like the idea of adding notes to listed games, but is there a reason it has to fully reload the whole list every time you make an addition or remove a note?

Done. ?

epdIyju.gif

• Like 3

8 hours ago, HusKy said:

Yeah, it's slow. I increased scrolling speed and also increased the distance that triggers scrolling so it's no longer needed to drag the item so close to the edge to start scrolling. It just feels a lot more responsive now.

Done. 1f60e.png

epdIyju.gif

That's great, thanks so much man!

First of all, thanks for the great work!

Not sure if anyone has had this idea already but I´d love to have a feature which allows you to see at which completion-percantage a game is listed as A / B / C / D / E rank. Then it would be easy to know how much effort you´d have to put into a game in order to rank up so that you lose a few more E´s in your list for example. Would that be possible to add?

11 minutes ago, xTheTrommeL said:

I´d love to have a feature which allows you to see at which completion-percantage a game is listed as A / B / C / D / E rank

AFAIK, the numbers are not public so it's not possible to tell what percentage is needed for each rank.