[PSNP+ v8.5] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

So any stacks we link after the forum update will also merge the forum, additionally if we go in and change the title or adding a region tag for any game it appears to be merging the forum too. All other games will be automatically merged soon as well probably after Sly fixes all the main forum bugs

Is Sly gonna fix https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/13711-train-sim-world-2? Been broken for ages... If other sites can include all 411 trophies, I don't see why PSNP can't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Is Sly gonna fix https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/13711-train-sim-world-2? Been broken for ages... If other sites can include all 411 trophies, I don't see why PSNP can't.

So he apparently has to restructure something on the backend of the site to fix that mess, right now these updates are focused  just for the forum side but I’m hoping he’ll fix Train Sim World soon

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

So any stacks we link after the forum update will also merge the forum, additionally if we go in and change the title or adding a region tag for any game it appears to be merging the forum too. All other games will be automatically merged soon as well probably after Sly fixes all the main forum bugs

Alright, good to know. In that case, I will remove forum loader in the next update. 🤝

• Like 2

There's a bug(?) where if you have lazy loading images enabled, clicking a trophy in a guide from the sidebar will not accurately bring you to that trophy. It only happens if there are images to load in trophies above it in the list. Also, if there are a lot of images for the trophies above the one clicked, it could take multiple clicks of the trophy in the sidebar to actually get it to go all the way down to it.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9096-borderlands-3-trophy-guide

To recreate, click the Zer0ed in trophy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmmrkennedy said:

There's a bug(?) where if you have lazy loading images enabled, clicking a trophy in a guide from the sidebar will not accurately bring you to that trophy. It only happens if there are images to load in trophies above it in the list. Also, if there are a lot of images for the trophies above the one clicked, it could take multiple clicks of the trophy in the sidebar to actually get it to go all the way down to it.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9096-borderlands-3-trophy-guide

To recreate, click the Zer0ed in trophy. 

Yes, unfortunately this is a side effect of lazy loading the content while not having full access to HTML that is being sent by PSNP server to your web browser. It breaks the right hand side navigation. Not sure if I can fix it completely but I will look into it because it bugs me as well...

https://github.com/verlok/vanilla-lazyload#minimize-cls-by-occupy-space-beforehand

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More crazy list suggestions, but I wanted to asked if you could loosen the restriction on adding duplicate games to a list.

Two reasons:

- I want to add some chronological lists that involve playing the same game more than once (when DLC comes back out).

- I roll 3 random games each month and try to complete at least one of them before the month is over.  I wanted to track these rolls and which games I completed.

It seems like the only problem would be the red icon that appears on some screens, letting you remove a single game from the recently viewed list.  That would just have to be aware that the game was on the list twice and maybe warn "found 2 instances of this game on the list, are you sure you want to remove all instances of this game?"

2 hours ago, langdon said:

adding duplicate games to a list

This is actually pretty tricky to add because I use game IDs as unique IDs inside lists. Adding duplicates would break everything.

Why do you need duplicates for your second use case?

On 7/24/2023 at 11:02 PM, Kristen Danielle said:

It'll be nice to see how much time I actually spent on Birth By Sleep in addition to the regular listing, which will be like 3 years. lol

Sites Exophase and TrueTrophies track your playtime. Making an account takes 2 minutes if you wish to see that ,or you could just go to your profile on your console and go to the "games" section to see it.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:46 PM, HuntingFever said:

This^

I'd love to know the obscene amount of time I've poured into certain games over the years :).

Exophase and TrueTrophies track that and you can find the info on your profile on console.

23 hours ago, HusKy said:

Why do you need duplicates for your second use case?

To turn this ongoing nonsense into a single list, hehe.  I tried doing it and then I realized I had dupes (e.g. rolled some of the same games in March and June).

uEJW2uQ.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, langdon said:

To turn this ongoing nonsense into a single list

I dare to say that this is such a niche case, that you will need to live with it. At least for now... xD

3 hours ago, Thedah said:

Just noticed a glitch. If a game belongs to two series only the first series will link to the profile's progress. The second series will not. For example https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4114-grand-theft-auto-iii/thedah

I ran into this recently and it is in my backlog. Good to see that others find the issues, not just me :D

• Like 1

Hi @HusKy

Wondering if it would be possible, when Creating a New List, to add the Release Date to the Order By field ?

It would be handy to see a list ordered by Release Date especially when it comes to any online games - on the assumption that older games are likely to have server closures than newer ones so they can be prioritised ?

Edited by JohnnyBravo247
  • Like 1

As always, thank you for all you do! Glad I could be donator to help support this amazing effort!

I just thought of something that could be a nice cosmetic upgrade for everyone. On our individual profiles, could you change the graphic for the trophies at the top to look like the new trophies rather then a generic graphic? Similar to what you did with the individual trophy images throughout the site.

Not sure how to insert an image to show what I am talking about, but an example can be seen above this post here on barra333's profile graphic next to his name (showing level, total trophies, total plats, total golds, total silvers, and total bronzes).

If not, its all good, always appreciate you looking into the possibilities of things!