[PSNP+ v8.5] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

On 28. 6. 2023 at 5:06 AM, mekktor said:

Just a tiny bug I noticed - on game lists, any games that are at 0% progress say "Last activity 1st January 1970".

Yeah I noticed this a while ago. Added to my backlog, should be an easy fix.

• Like 4

Thank you so much for your continuous work on PSNP+, I'm amazed by your really helpful additions to the site! 

Unfortunately I'm unaware about the likelihood of this already having been requested, but would it be possible for you to create the option of toggling images from new DLC entries on the front page to show those specific images you can see when checking the DLC - list (https://psnprofiles.com/games/dlc) directly?

Thanks for dealing with my question :)

• Like 1

On 30. 6. 2023 at 4:35 PM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Thank you so much for your continuous work on PSNP+, I'm amazed by your really helpful additions to the site! 

Unfortunately I'm unaware about the likelihood of this already having been requested, but would it be possible for you to create the option of toggling images from new DLC entries on the front page to show those specific images you can see when checking the DLC - list (https://psnprofiles.com/games/dlc) directly?

Thanks for dealing with my question :)

I think this could be added. Adding to my backlog for now.

17 minutes ago, MsieurSeb said:

Hello, when I edit my game list in: Remove games - Completed. Nothing happens and the games stay in my list even though I finish them at 100. Thx

Works for me.

Games get removed once you visit your profile and the progress is scanned. Depending on how far the game is in your profile, you might have to scroll down couple pages or click the "Load All Games" button.

• Like 2

@HusKy It would be nice to be able to mark a trophy as completed manually in a guide (allowing it to be hidden via the Hide Earned Trophies button) without needing to refresh the profile on psnp. It would really help PS3 trophies because of the clunky way of syncing with psn. I don't think it needs to save past the current browser session, just more of a quick way to remove a trophy from a guide quickly while playing.

• Like 2

Could you add the possibility so we can add games to our custom lists from our profile page? I agree that some won't like this because it clutters with the main profile page, but an option for it in the settings would be a nice addition. Before I started using the lists, I had a tone of games listed on my profile and had to always search them to be able to add them to the list, or open them in a new window. Since then I removed a lot of them that were on 0% and am tracking them with the custom lists now, but it would've been so much easier to have the option to add them from the profile page. :) 

Here's an example of what I'm referring to:

Screenshot-2023-07-06-123853.png

And something like this to the settings page (if needed):

Screenshot-2023-07-06-124345.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OverlordOfRacing said:

Is there a way to have all of the guide info from a game automatically shown off the front page of your profile. I’ve noticed after interacting with a guide it appears sometimes (not all the time) so is there a way to show automatically?

Idem for me, but also in the game list. One button that loads guides for all games.

23 hours ago, HusKy said:

Works for me.

Games get removed once you visit your profile and the progress is scanned. Depending on how far the game is in your profile, you might have to scroll down couple pages or click the "Load All Games" button.

Perfect ! 

On 05/07/2023 at 5:37 PM, HusKy said:

Hey Husky, great work on this extension as always.

I want to express my concern about some feature request and your highly regarded willingness to build them.

For example the request @Bizzy_Montana_ made, which I personally also really want. The current behaviour on PSNP is a bug and not a feature but let's assume it's intended.

To me this should be a feature request for PSNProfiles and not for PSNP+. At what point do you/we drag @Sly Ripper into this process? The data is readily available for him in the database and he just needs to serve the right image.
For your solution you probably need to scrape image urls for the ~10 games that are displayed in that section. Not sure if Sly would be really happy with a potential of 10 more requests when the frontpage is served and instead can fix it himself.

I'm not aware about the relation between Husky and Sly, I think we should combine forces to make PSNP that much better.

In a perfect world, most suggestions that are made in this thread are considered by Sly. Not sure how feasible this is but it would make the site that much better UX wise. PSNP+ has a lot of great ideas.

I originally came to this thread because I wanted to suggest a feature for sorting all trophies in games while omitting DLC headers, just like sorting the game by trophy grade. The current sorting options (except grade) will retain the DLC headers but often times I want to sort by rarity on all trophies without the DLC headers.

TL;DR

I caught myself coming to this thread to request a feature instead of requesting a feature to PSNProfiles, that's why my post is this long.

Edit:

Spoiler

The current DLC section on the frontpage has more bugs like misaligned trophy stats:

https://i.imgur.com/T4WsWm6.png

Edited by A1rPun

Would it be worthwhile to make it so the trophies in guides can be reordered, say by dragging and dropping on the contents list? Whenever I'm about to do trophy clean up, I usually make a list of remaining trophies in the order I plan to tackle them, and I just thought it would be nice to be able to do that in the PSNP guide interface.

On 7. 7. 2023 at 9:59 AM, mekktor said:

Would it be worthwhile to make it so the trophies in guides can be reordered, say by dragging and dropping on the contents list? Whenever I'm about to do trophy clean up, I usually make a list of remaining trophies in the order I plan to tackle them, and I just thought it would be nice to be able to do that in the PSNP guide interface.

Probably not going to add this. Guides have some specific HTML markup in them and it's a bit of a pain to work with it already and being able to freely reorder would be hassle to implement.

4 hours ago, Montyfi said:

@HusKy If a trophy guide exists for one version of game, e.g. PS4, is it possible to show it for PS5 version as well? Ideally filtering trophies too, but I guess that is not possible.

You can do this right now, just load your progress. I'm using this with my currently played game (PS4 guide but I'm playing PS5 stack):

obr-zok.png

• Like 2

On 11. 7. 2023 at 6:51 PM, gemaxitaxiet1 said:

Would it be possible to add a 'longest or slowest platinum' in the trophy milestones. it's cool to see which game has taken you the longest while clearing up the backlog.

No plans to add new milestones but you can easily find your slowest games by clicking "Load all games" button and then order by Completion time:

1.png

-

2.png

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

@HusKy

I would like to propose an "improvement" for players to know in how many games they are the first, second and third to get 100% of a game and in which games they are the fastest.

I don't know how complex it will be to do, but I suppose it will be possible, it would also be interesting if clicking on the game number leads to a list to find out which games are in the top 3 of being the first or to be the fastest.

Sorry for my English.. but it's that bad :D

zGV4mJA.jpg

DSCPk8Q.jpg

PD.

This is a quick design made in Photoshop, it is clear that the design should be consistent with the web and others... but I think you understand what I mean.

Thank you very much for all your work on this site... otherwise... believe me you wouldn't be so comfortable.

A hug.

Edited by WaddysWDS
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, WaddysWDS said:

I would like to propose an "improvement" for players to know in how many games they are the first, second and third to get 100% of a game and in which games they are the fastest.

Not feasible with a script.

• Like 1

On 25.6.2023 at 5:21 PM, HusKy said:

Probably PSNP+ Settings > Guide > Show info about game complexity

Hey @HusKy,

could it be that this feature is not working anymore? I activated the setting but for me it doesn't show the complexity.

Edited by ellileon

On 7/6/2023 at 11:45 AM, AttilaThe13th said:

Could you add the possibility so we can add games to our custom lists from our profile page? I agree that some won't like this because it clutters with the main profile page, but an option for it in the settings would be a nice addition. Before I started using the lists, I had a tone of games listed on my profile and had to always search them to be able to add them to the list, or open them in a new window. Since then I removed a lot of them that were on 0% and am tracking them with the custom lists now, but it would've been so much easier to have the option to add them from the profile page. :) 

Here's an example of what I'm referring to:

Screenshot-2023-07-06-123853.png

And something like this to the settings page (if needed):

Screenshot-2023-07-06-124345.png

I love this idea, it would be especially useful if you add it for other profiles as well. Now it's a bit annoying to make lists when checking other people's profile, you need to go to game's page and then add. I go to other people's profiles quite often to see if I missed any easy or interesting games. Thanks for considering this as it would make things easier for sure

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ellileon said:

Hey @HusKy,

could it be that this feature is not working anymore? I activated the setting but for me it doesn't show the complexity.

Works for me. It will only display this information for trophy lists that you have visited.

1 hour ago, AgentPenguin08 said:

Hello, I just noticed all my game lists got deleted, it says I don't have any game lists. I had around 7-8. I just saw that I can export all my data, but I didn't do that before they all got deleted. IS there any way for me to recover my lists or do I have to start all over?

Unfortunately, looks like the data is gone. PSNP+ stores everything inside the browser but depending on settings or user actions, this data may get deleted completely.