Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

Ok so I contacted NIS. They did say that they are well known about this issue and are still looking for possible fix. While it’s highly unlikely that they’ll make a fix, it is at least possible according to them. Though several months have already passed so I won’t count on it...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe it's possible -- at least theoretically -- that the player could have obtained a couple of the online-only flags prior to the servers shutting down without having done anything to actually trigger a trophy.  It's been a very long time since I've played this title and written the original version of the Trophy Guide; but I don't see anything that suggests to me that it would be impossible to accumulate a couple of flags and still leave the trophy count at 0.

So I suspect the answer is still "the platinum is unobtainable" for anybody who hasn't started this title.

8 hours ago, acasser said:

I believe it's possible -- at least theoretically -- that the player could have obtained a couple of the online-only flags prior to the servers shutting down without having done anything to actually trigger a trophy.  It's been a very long time since I've played this title and written the original version of the Trophy Guide; but I don't see anything that suggests to me that it would be impossible to accumulate a couple of flags and still leave the trophy count at 0.

So I suspect the answer is still "the platinum is unobtainable" for anybody who hasn't started this title.

This^

That person is either a hacker or they got lucky and earned a load of flags before the servers closed.

• 3 months later...

So someone just acquired the platinum in a span of 5 days last December 2020 after the shutdown. I was thinking that if he/she would have played way before the server shutdown and acquired some online flags, his/her completion time would have been X months instead of just 5 days.

Am I missing something here?

14 minutes ago, LIoyd__Knight said:

So someone just acquired the platinum in a span of 5 days last December 2020 after the shutdown. I was thinking that if he/she would have played way before the server shutdown and acquired some online flags, his/her completion time would have been X months instead of just 5 days.

Am I missing something here?

They're a hacker so report them. Even if you got 20 flags before the shutdown, you're still looking at dozens of hours of grinding for the other trophies so a 5 day Platinum simply isn't possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the platinum, making it my rarest one, and I just wanted to thank all the people who provided help here.

I was even locked out of one of the trophies because I got stuck in an online ceasefire period, so I had to download a 2019 cloud save to get it.

This was insane. Truly. Who am I anymore.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

So I might try and brute force my way through this game. The thing is, I can't remember how many "online" flags I got before server shutdown. I haven't got the game installed currently so I can't check but - is there a way to differentiate "online" flags from others?

Sorry if it's a question that has been asked already

• 3 months later...

Quick question, I know the flags trophy is most likely unobtainable, but since the servers shut down, can we still use cross play from ps4 to vita and vise versa? Has anyone tried? I am guessing the cross save is set to PSN ID but have never tried to cross play a game where servers were shut down.

Even if the platinum is unobtainable I would like pick this up to give my Vita some use.

23 minutes ago, Blood_Runs_Cold said:

Quick question, I know the flags trophy is most likely unobtainable, but since the servers shut down, can we still use cross play from ps4 to vita and vise versa? Has anyone tried? I am guessing the cross save is set to PSN ID but have never tried to cross play a game where servers were shut down.

Even if the platinum is unobtainable I would like pick this up to give my Vita some use.

The Cross-Save servers are still up AFAIK but all the MP stuff is gone.

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, Zenkoto_ said:

If not a patch, I wonder dlc could to the PlayStation store that unlocks all of the online only flags. I'm going to send NIS America a message to see if this would at least be possible.

I'd love for that to happen but the odds are pretty remote (if not non-existent), because this game is pretty niche and likely didn't sell very well so neither the devs or publisher will be willing to spend any more money on a game they have long since dumped :(.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 11:11 AM, Zenkoto_ said:

If not a patch, I wonder if dlc could be added to the PlayStation store that unlocks all of the online only flags. I'm going to send NIS America a message to see if this would at least be possible.

I messaged them 2 years ago over the course of 12 months. They said they’re aware of the issue and are looking for a fix. Like 99% of other unobtainable games, I don’t really see it happening.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, LemmyCrom said:

https://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/news/product/14497/

WHAT'S THIS ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT?

■ Schedule

2/28 Store and DLC Close

3/27 Last War

3/28 No more war generate. Only result of the war 3/27

Gonna open online war temporary?? What does "Last War" means?

It's a translation error, it just means that after March 28, the online modes won't work any more in the JP version of the game and the Platinum will be unobtainable. Once these servers close, all versions of the game will be unPlatinumable :(.

On 11/02/2022 at 11:30 AM, HuntingFever said:

It's a translation error, it just means that after March 28, the online modes won't work any more in the JP version of the game and the Platinum will be unobtainable. Once these servers close, all versions of the game will be unPlatinumable :(.

Wait... so the platinum is still obtainable on the JP version of the game until March 28??

19 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Wait... so the platinum is still obtainable on the JP version of the game until March 28??

Maybe not. iirc the requirement of the international version was 20 flags so you needed 2 online flags before shutdown to get the trophy, but the requirement of the jp version is 60, so you would need to somehow get 42 online flags before 28th march. The international trophy guide indicates you can get 1 per 24 hours so you would be cutting it very close.

Edited by jpwbjpwb

11 minutes ago, jpwbjpwb said:

Maybe not. iirc the requirement of the international version was 20 flags so you needed 2 online flags before shutdown to get the trophy, but the requirement of the jp version is 60, so you would need to somehow get 42 online flags before 28th march. The international trophy guide indicates you can get 1 per 24 hours so you would be cutting it very close.

Looks like I would have to download and install the game today because by my count there is 42 days until 28th March (including today). Even then I might miss out by 1 day / flag.
Just a quick question... when does the daily war actually end? Is it 00.00 each day or at another specific time, or perhaps exactly 24 hours after you've completed your turn?

Edited by whittle181

9 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Looks like I would have to download and install the game today because by my count there is 42 days until 28th March (including today). Even then I might miss out by 1 day / flag.
Just a quick question... when does the daily war actually end? Is it 00.00 each day or at another specific time, or perhaps exactly 24 hours after you've completed your turn?

I'm afriad I don't know. I didn't ever start the game, just researched quite a bit around if it was possible and chose not to play when I was sure it wasn't. There was a long time when people were not sure if the international version was unobtainable or not.

It would probably be based on JP time, so it would be almost the16th already.

Edited by jpwbjpwb