Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Is there any way to force Elder Passerby to appear? I ask, because I visited the 3 available Captials and he wasn't at any of them :(.

He's always in the capital you're contracted to. He never appears if you're off contract, which I presume was your mistake - accepting end of contract before visiting the capital for the flag...

If you're desperate you can still sign a contract for at least one more flag, perhaps with a faction other than Fiel so you'll reduce hostile factions to one. I've been informed you can again access all the single mode quests after staying offline past a full 24h War regardless you're in contract.

• Like 2

I will probably try to squeeze a lot of battles today, until the war ends, since this is my last contract, and I'm missing 12 support skills (5 of them I just need to lvl up), and technically I'm only missing 1 attack skill for the Rogue and Paladin, will need to check what support skills they don't learn, and focus on either of them, to finish it. 

Still after that I have to grind Short Sight, since I have yet to get it.. But I'm comfortable enough the way things are going, and hopefully will not need to grind much for the other support skills offline. 

• Like 1

Is it just me or they shut it down early?

"War" is still preparing and my number of wars hasn't reduced.

That means I'll be stuck like this but I should be ok, I don't have much left to do in the game and it's offline.

But anyone else who was still counting on War might be screwed if they indeed shut it down.

2 minutes ago, stgermain said:

When I go online, it still says that it's in ceasefire instead of being in a war. Is it the same for everyone else?

Yup

Edited by DizzyDavidson

2 hours ago, stgermain said:

When I go online, it still says that it's in ceasefire instead of being in a war. Is it the same for everyone else?

Affirmative. Also can't find the Chatty Elderly who provides the flags after the war in any capital. There are just three people in the plaza. Strange thing is that I still have a contract with Landerth while it should have been expired. Of it doesn't change soon, I will have to accept a penalty. 

1 hour ago, K--ombinat_ll said:

How do you get the attack skill for the Skill Completionist? Do I have to reset my character to learn new skills?

Nope, you need to create new characters of the same class and hope they follow a different skill pattern and thus learn new skills which you then have to create a grimoire for so that you can teach the skill to another character 

• Like 1

Did you even looked at everyhting in the Menus?
Yea, it seems the server is not working anymore (1 day to early)
And yea, we stuck on our war-contract.

But I can go in every capital and I can make every "single quest" even from the enemies fraction.
So there is no problem I think...

The only real problem is, that we now can't get new stuff in the markets of the captials...

7 hours ago, thelapsukainen said:

Just need one flag from elder passerby to get to 13 so I can get rest of the flags from single player, if NISA shut the servers down early I'm going to be pissed. :P

Me too. I need literally just one more flag, otherwise I'll have to buy dlc.

The old man NPC isn't showing up.

I've contacted Nis and Spike on twitter and Facebook, I know Nis is only the publishers but they made the announcement that it ends 1st Oct 0:00 UTC.

Kind of disappointed.

Still in ceasefire.

EDIT: I caved in and bought the dlc.

I only needed one flag but might as well get the bundle.

According to PS store T&Cs, as long as I never start to download the purchase, I have 14 days to ask for cancellation if the servers don't start working by end of today like they should.

I'm a little disappointed in the publisher/devs.

Edited by Jekainden
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm in a ceasefire as well so can't claim my latest flag :(. I only need another 2 or 3, then I'll have the trophy.

You can get 8 from the story mode and you can buy a pack of 10 from the PSN store so if you have at least two flags from the online portion you can still get this trophy :)

• Like 2

So, my "idea" to stay in an eternal contract in ceasefire actually worked, although 24 hours earlier... 

Kind of annoying, I was expecting to lvl up a few units today (still missing an attack skill for Rogue, 1 support skill that the Rogue can learn and 1 support skill from the mage types, from all the units that I lvl up, those never showed up.. I guess that I will have to do it the offline way) 

Yeah, it's unfortunate that the servers are down. Although we no longer received the war updates, I could tell that servers were still online because I was able to search for guilds online and follow them (as well as scoreboard and rank history). But now all those options are no longer possible, confirming that servers are truly gone.

While I had enough flags to unlock the trophy, I had hoped for one more time with elderly man to get a specific flag I was trying to get.

Think it's possible to contact someone at the developer or publisher to see if they could check whether flags do drop offline (or maybe patch the game to make that possible)?

• Like 2