Trophy hunting questions.....

TheOne_WhoKnocks

This depends on your situation in real life. If you got time finish it, if you don't you don't and finish it later. I highly suggest you finish a game then aim for the plat straight after. It would be a pain to get use to the controls again. But like I said before it depends on your real life situation. 

Here's how I do it:

Step 1: the 'Fun' playthrough

- I play this game on easy or normal, dependant on the the games overall difficulty. In this playthrough I just play it for the story.

Step 2: Oh god why playthrough.

-I play the game on the hardest difficulty.

Step 3: Collectible run

- Run around looking for collectibles.

Satep 4: Clean up

-Finish remaining offline trophies.

Step 5: Yay!

- Online trophies

Step 6: Its done.

-I finished and got 100%/ platinum

• Like 2

I almost never play the same game twice in quick succession unless I really can't get enough of it. If multiple playthroughs are needed for a plat I will almost always play something else inbetween, because I don't want to force myself into another playthrough of a game I just finished just because of a bunch of trophies. I hate when 'fun' starts to feel like 'work' ;)

I used to try and bang all the necessary amount of playthroughs out at once, but not anymore.

Now, I tend to go through it once (trying to get as many collectibiles, where applicable, as possible) and once I beat it, instead of diving into another 20+ hour game, I'll hop on a PSN title or two as a quick break before going back for the next run(s) and the :platinum: chase.

Like Cloudy said above me, I dislike when it starts to feel more like a chore or work than entertainment and fun.

First I look at a trophy guide to see if there are any missable trophies or trophies that get harder post-game (i.e killing trophies in Tomb Raider as enemies rareky spawn).

If there are none, I play through once and then go back for the rest of the trophies if I enjoyed the game. If it's a HD trilogy of a game I've already played about 10 times (Sly Cooper) I try and breeze through so i can move onto the next game on the backlog.

Depends how i feel and what game it is , if i can be bothered i'll go for it first play-through if not

after i finish it , if i feel like going for it i'll go for it

if it's multiple play-through depends how long the game is and how motivated i am 

if it's easy to plat i'll start to plat it on my first playthrough.

if it's normal to plat i'll plat it on mostly my 3rd or fourth playthrough.

hard to plat i'll take my time to plat it and come back to it from time to time, also guidebooks / videos also helps.

nuts to plat + annoying online trophies... then i don't, i'll play the game just for fun if it's good and collect a few trophies just to boost my % a bit.

Playing games only for the trophies makes it a chore for me. I'll play a game for fun, then maybe sometime in future (when I've got alot of time to kill) I'll go back and work on the platinum. Only game I platinum'd in quick succession to finishing was TLoU, but that's because I can't put that game down.

I work for trophies while playing the game for the first time, then I clean up.  If it requires multiple playthroughs, I did 4 playthroughs of Dead Space 3, and 6 playthroughs of DMC in less then 2 weeks, don't ever do that.  Now I just play a game in between or take a break before I do the next playthrough for the most part.

I have an ADD mind. I often play games in fragments, loosing interest quickly, or playing just long enough initially to get an idea of what it's all about and then coming back to it later when I've carved out time. For example, I'm the only one on earth who probably started playing Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us the day they came out, and still have yet to even beat them. I just wanted a taste, but I have a large queue of others games to get through first.

Edited by Startyde

Normally I plat a game once I start it. I plat every game I buy myself, but if I get games from PS+ and they turn out to be shit I don't bother. I love trophies, but won't hunt them to the point where I have to suffer a horrible game.

Don't get me wrong. I love hard trophies that actually feel like TROPHIES! The ones I hate are multiplayer ones (up yours Mortal Kombat, Battlefield 3 and Killzone) because they force me to play in ways I don't like playing.

depends on the game, my dutties at the time, etc...for example, this summer i got the Mass Effect Trilogy from a friend, so i want to plat all three of them if possible, right now im focusing on the ME games, but normally i play a game and depends on the trophies that i got left if i go for the platinum or i start another game and come back later.