Authentic+ Difficulty

BadRep24

Really depends on how good you are at sniping on that difficulty. If you are great at sniping and can reliably take out enemies around a 200meter distance, it becomes somewhat easy because you can kill key figures in several missions from afar abusing walkthrough routes and leave the map early, or go the murder route and just kill from a distance by shooting and relocating until most of them are dead, which is doable because the number of possible enemies is limited after all. I'd say killing everyone takes time but can be as low as a 3 if you are great at sniping, not much that can really go wrong here, following the route and landing the tricky shots might be a bit harder, with things potentially going wrong a bit more often, but here you still look at 4 or 5 depending on the map.

However if you are like me and can't figure the sniping part on authentic+ out to save your life so even shoots at 50 meters become a gamble for you with wind, and if you try without manual saves, then you are easily looking at 8 or higher because going the stealth route with melee and pistol, or open firefights, can kill you at any point and make you lose all your progress for that mission over and over again, which is why I decided that I could not be bothered doing it, too much for me.

The levels individual difficulties highly depend on your sniping skills and your knowledge of the map, mission 3 for example can be a big pain in the ass if you don't know much about it but becomes the easiest mission in the game if you know your way around it. The overall difficulty can be brought down a lot if you know someone who is good at sniping, or willing to abuse the system a bit with you to make things easier.

• Like 1

Solo is something I do not recommend, unless you know EVERYTHING (spawns, objectives, etc) 7-8/10. 

Coop and if both of you are decent I say around 4-5/10.  Lower if you lot are very VERY good shots. 

The hardest missions are 1 and 6.  I soloed 4 and 5 and did 1-3 with a partner that was alright and then 6-8 with someone at my skill level, it was lots of fun. 

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 1

its pretty ridiculous i was just trying it. even when you snipe a guy right in front of you they seem to just get right back up and kill you.you have no clue at all where your shots are going and like i said even with a guy in front of you your bullet can just completely miss him leaving him able to kill you instantly.

Me and a good friend are running through this on co-op - unless you are an expert in the Sniper Elite series do not attempt to do this solo. It's always useful to have that second player there to revive you if mistakes are made (and they tend to happen 2 or 3 times each mission on this difficulty setting).

Edited by whittle181

• 6 months later...

I totally agree with what XileLerinril says above.

I've got plats for some pretty tough games, but Authentic plus is the hardest game challenge I can  think of.

I think bar mission 2 (which is a breeze) I thought every mission was impossible.

I watched the speed run videos - IMHO I don't think they are doable on authentic plus with current patches. They give you an idea of the best route, that's all.

My strat was to find a decent spot to camp (or two / three spots - particularly at the start of magezeno facility or the monastery levels) & draw enemies to you by going loud. Clear the area as much as you can, push up, draw them out then go back to your camp. 

Enemies will go to A: where you were when you fired your gun - even if you were in cover / in bushes & using suppressed ammo or B: to where they saw you run to.

Clear as much of the map of enemies as you can, that way if you have to run you have a clear area behind you. If you don't clear the area, enemies will come from behind when you go loud.

Take care of radio men 1st, then spotters, then officers. Jager troops can take two or three shots to kill. Even headshots. Valkyrie (dlc) can take many shots, and its tough to get a headshot on them if you are under fire.

Lightly pressing aim so you get cross hairs instead of the sniper scope is your best friend as it lets you stay in relative cover - on enemies up to 80m away it is a life saver 90% of the time.

Always, always trap your area.

Be wary of using a trenchgun in close quarters. It can / will hit enemies belt grenade and then its curtains.

Being careful, precise & clearing all enemies from a map is your best strategy.

Edited by yoda_squad
  • Like 2

On 4/25/2020 at 8:14 PM, yoda_squad said:

I totally agree with what XileLerinril says above.

I've got plats for some pretty tough games, but Authentic plus is the hardest game challenge I can  think of.

I think bar mission 2 (which is a breeze) I thought every mission was impossible.

I watched the speed run videos - IMHO I don't think they are doable on authentic plus with current patches. They give you an idea of the best route, that's all.

My strat was to find a decent spot to camp (or two / three spots - particularly at the start of magezeno facility or the monastery levels) & draw enemies to you by going loud. Clear the area as much as you can, push up, draw them out then go back to your camp. 

Enemies will go to A: where you were when you fired your gun - even if you were in cover / in bushes & using suppressed ammo or B: to where they saw you run to.

Clear as much of the map of enemies as you can, that way if you have to run you have a clear area behind you. If you don't clear the area, enemies will come from behind when you go loud.

Take care of radio men 1st, then spotters, then officers. Jager troops can take two or three shots to kill. Even headshots. Valkyrie (dlc) can take many shots, and its tough to get a headshot on them if you are under fire.

Lightly pressing aim so you get cross hairs instead of the sniper scope is your best friend as it lets you stay in relative cover - on enemies up to 80m away it is a life saver 90% of the time.

Always, always trap your area.

Be wary of using a trenchgun in close quarters. It can / will hit enemies belt grenade and then its curtains.

Being careful, precise & clearing all enemies from a map is your best strategy.

So true only way I have been able to complete any mission on solo other than level 2

• 8 months later...

Tough, but a fun challenge! I used the fully upgraded HDM, FNAB-43, and M1 Garand. A shotgun felt too risky, and I wanted guns with good power/high fire rate in case I missed. I played each mission on cadet first to find good spots to camp, and refresh my memory on the objectives(since I did Authentic a long while ago). Any room with cover near hallways, ladders, bridges, etc...these are great since the AI can't shoot while climbing, and if you have some distance they will run straight for you down hallways or bridges. I only used stealth for a bit to get camping spots cleared and traps set up, then it was all loud with the SMG and rifle. The enemies will keep coming to you, so as long as you don't let them surround you it isn't too bad. It felt like most of the difficulty was long distance sniping, so I pretty much only shot things up close lol...made them come to me whenever possible. I only went for chest shots since a miss would make them flinch, and a hit would stagger them...they don't shoot back during those animations(why I chose high fire rate). Also if you down a guy, don't kill him...let his buddies run out of cover to try to help. It makes for another easy kill and a good way to see if others are still around. I did it solo since I didn't want the hassle of finding a good partner...lol. A good partner would have made it easy, but a bad partner would have made it impossible. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can confirm that co-op is the best way to go for this difficulty. Have the host player hang back in a safe area (moving forward when appropriate/enemies have been cleared out) and the partner player run forward to complete objectives and kill enemies - whenever they go down, have them disconnect from the game, then re-invite them so they'll "respawn" with full ammo/items and rinse/repeat until everything's done. Saves a lot of hassle and headache that way, and I can confirm the partner player still gets the mission/completion trophies no matter how many times they disconnected/reconnected during the run and no matter how many sessions it takes.

• Like 1

You can cheese this difficulty by playing co-op and using two major tricks:

* The player who is hosting can save as many times as needed and his partner will still get progression towards the trophy. U guys can trade turns doing this.

* As stated above, the non-hosting player can go ahead and rush objectives while the host stays low profile in a save place. In case the partner gets downed, he can quit via xmb and rejoin, providing he didn't bleed to death.

* There's also a super neat exploit/glitch I've discovered (at least I didint see it mentioned anywhere). Sometimes when player 2 rejoins, he'll be able to see where the bullet will actually hit. If he holds its breath, a rede marker will appear, as if he was playing on easier difficulties