Game discussion & trophies

33 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Would it be better to play on Easy or Normal? I know there are some battle trophies that might be easier on Normal, but I just want to enjoy my 1st playthrough. 

That's really up to the player. I'm playing on very easy my first run to finish as quickly as possible and I'm still getting sufficient assists and breaks.   Any battle trophies I don't get now I'll get on nightmare, that's for sure.

Actually a couple more tips, levels don't carry over on NG+ period, so don't worry about levels and save your shiny pom baits.  In chapter 4 there is a very easily missable treasure chest with a MQ that gives a bonus to experience earned.  To grab it you have to back out of the dungeon and go back to the entry area.  That's probably going to be the most commonly missed chest and it's very helpful on NG+.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Would it be better to play on Easy or Normal? I know there are some battle trophies that might be easier on Normal, but I just want to enjoy my 1st playthrough. 

If you are new to the series and starting at the third game play it on easy. If you have played these games before i would play on normal for your first playthrough. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

So would reading the summaries for the first two games on the official website be enough for me to jump into this one or would I still be lost? Played part of the first game not long after it came out on PS3 but don't remember much about it. 

It's enough to get the basic story beats, but no substitute to experiencing the games for yourself. I personally don't recommend starting CS lll without playing l and ll at the very least. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killbomb said:

So would reading the summaries for the first two games on the official website be enough for me to jump into this one or would I still be lost? Played part of the first game not long after it came out on PS3 but don't remember much about it. 

The summaries do an okay job but there is a lot of pot holes if you have not played the other games outside of the Cold Steel series as its one big over arching story that interconnects between all the games. I would highly recommend playing the first two games first. As its like watching Harry Potter Goblet of Fire without watching 1/2/3 prior you will just be lost. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacks81x said:

The Prologue trophy didn't pop for me.  Any ideas?  I have the digital deluxe version.  

If you have a save from before the prologue ends i would revert back to it and complete the section again hopefully that works. I am not too sure as mine popped fine. 

38 minutes ago, AllanGronkjaer said:

hasagawa made a guide for the JP version that is pretty good . tried  to come in contact with him about he making one for the us version as well with no luck

He stated he will not be translating the JP version into English as he has life commitments which restrict him from doing that. So i would just stick with the JP guide its only minor things like names of stuff are different but otherwise its a solid guide i personally have found so far. 

• Like 1

On 23/10/2019 at 1:02 PM, ladynadiad said:

That's really up to the player. I'm playing on very easy my first run to finish as quickly as possible and I'm still getting sufficient assists and breaks.   Any battle trophies I don't get now I'll get on nightmare, that's for sure.

Actually a couple more tips, levels don't carry over on NG+ period, so don't worry about levels and save your shiny pom baits.  In chapter 4 there is a very easily missable treasure chest with a MQ that gives a bonus to experience earned.  To grab it you have to back out of the dungeon and go back to the entry area.  That's probably going to be the most commonly missed chest and it's very helpful on NG+.

Actually, all levels carry over. I don't know if it was different in the Japanese version, but in this one, they do...

Trails-of-Cold-Steel-III-7.jpg.webp

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Actually, all levels carry over. I don't know if it was different in the Japanese version, but in this one, they do...

It was definitely added because they didn't carry over in Japanese and I'm only on chapter 3 in English.  You'll see that the JP guide mentions that as well and even without the translation you can see there is one less line:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6566-英雄伝説-閃の軌跡iii-trails-of-cold-steel-iii-overall-walkthrough#18-second-playthrough

Though it is funny how they repeated crafts and brave orders.

2 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

He stated he will not be translating the JP version into English as he has life commitments which restrict him from doing that. So i would just stick with the JP guide its only minor things like names of stuff are different but otherwise its a solid guide i personally have found so far. 

ohh have not seen that hope he manege the life commitments soon 

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

Trails-of-Cold-Steel-III-7.jpg.webp

There's two options to carry over Crafts and Brave Orders?

Weird

And yeah that carrying over levels wasn't in the JP release, Falcom added that for the western release.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:06 PM, Fozzyabear said:

I’m pretty sure 1 play through for the platinum is impossible. The second play through is quick though. Speaking from 1 and 2. I spent about 90 ish hours on 1 and 2 the first time around. Less than 15 on the second playthrough. Ps I just checked, it is impossible to do in 1 playthrough for 1 and 2. I’m sure this is the same

nvm, OP just proved otherwise xD

Not as huge on the combat of this one compared to the last 2, so probably wont be doing the nightmare runthrough, its still got plenty of time to change my mind though :P

Edited by Mission001

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/10/2019 at 11:16 AM, DarkSoleride said:

This, some names are different, but it will be possible to use that guide with the English version, the maps are really useful for the chests.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This title makes it pretty easy to Plat. in a single playthrough, as long one don‘t mind the nightmare challenge. If you manage to get all character notes and presents and don‘t forgett to NOT overwrite the save before start using the special tickets, you can watch between 3 - 6 deepen bonding events each time before you reload with no problem. 

Only thing, deepened bonds are totally boring this time.. and I hate the fact, that Alisa still supposed to be canon.. I am all for Laura. 

Edited by Sylver001

On 11/23/2019 at 9:44 AM, WeprCZ said:

There is also guide from Zoelius if anyone is interested (https://www.neoseeker.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii/walkthrough).

Definitely using this for the nightmare playthrough. I used Zoelius for CS1&2 and easily got everything. I used the one from this site and ended up missing a few things, even though I made sure to go over it line by line.