Yakuza 4 Trophy Thoughts?

arcanehornet_

It is the same list as PS3 edition. The only difference is there is no View all Reminiscences from YAKUZA to YAKUZA 3 trophy in PS4 edition. I platinum the game on PS3 before, It will take some time and multiple play through. There are also few challenged trophies. I had fun at that time since it was my first time play the series. However, I am not sure if I can spend that many times to plat it again.

Edited by GTA_Darren
  • Like 2

Seems really similar to PS3, which I still haven't completed Ex-Hard mode.

46 minutes ago, PlanetCheat said:

Beating that final Ultimate Skill mission (Ultimate Match 5) is preventing me from getting the platinum on the PS3 version. That trophy returns in this version, too.

Are you having trouble in the Sugiuchi fight? If so try to parry him with your back against a wall, then kick him twice with triangle while he's on the ground.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KuraikagePrime said:

considering that I'm still working on completion of Yakooza 0 (Mahjong is the devil)  it seems as hard as that one is!!  Good news is I got lots of games before I get to this too still complete!!  LOL

LOL Mahjong gave me day and nightmares when I first saw the board. I didn't have a frikkin clue what was going. But after watching some vids I found out how its a game thats as simple as you want it to be or as strategic as you want. The only downside of course is the level of RNG that Jap devs use in their games. In the end I nailed Zero, when Kiwami arrived I was prepared for Mahjong and when Kiwami 2 was around I spent most of my playing Mahjong I came to love it that much haha.

Truly cannot wait for the 5th game to be released so that I can play 3, 4 & 5 back-to-back like I did with Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

LOL Mahjong gave me day and nightmares when I first saw the board. I didn't have a frikkin clue what was going. But after watching some vids I found out how its a game thats as simple as you want it to be or as strategic as you want. The only downside of course is the level of RNG that Jap devs use in their games. In the end I nailed Zero, when Kiwami arrived I was prepared for Mahjong and when Kiwami 2 was around I spent most of my playing Mahjong I came to love it that much haha.

Truly cannot wait for the 5th game to be released so that I can play 3, 4 & 5 back-to-back like I did with Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2.

I’ve had success in playing it in spurts.  I try for a bit then put it down for a while.  I have that and then I have to figure out the dance stuff to get towards my completion.  The story is amazing.  

i do have Kiwami and kiwami 2 but refuse to play them till I get to the point that I can’t get any further.  I’m hoping I can plat  it but if I can’t than oh well.  Lol

6 hours ago, KuraikagePrime said:

I’ve had success in playing it in spurts.  I try for a bit then put it down for a while.  I have that and then I have to figure out the dance stuff to get towards my completion.  The story is amazing.  

i do have Kiwami and kiwami 2 but refuse to play them till I get to the point that I can’t get any further.  I’m hoping I can plat  it but if I can’t than oh well.  Lol

In Kiwami and Kiwami 2, Mahjong is a lot more forgiving as the RNG is no where near as bad. Plus you get special cheat items (which you should save by the way)

For Mahjong the trick is to never steal a tile no matter how tempting. Instead try to get as many runs of 3 as you can. After all its basically a more complex version of Jim Rummy. Get a straight can be tough but its very doable. Its all down to the RNG though.

The dance stuff is super easy mate trust me. For ages I was arguing with people that its not a rhythm game but it really is. Forget about going for max tile moves and instead focus on the actual rhythm  

Watch this vid and check out how to read the rhythm. You will see how the count works and it makes it a piece of cake. This is just one song of course but once you understand the timing every song on hard is no trouble at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Of this trilogy maybe but 6 remains the easiest overall.

Dead Souls is also manageable because of the lack of minigame requirements or climax battles.

Yes yes, of this trilogy, Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 are the easiest.

Yakuza 4 don't require any 100% but substories and the minigame of Hostess, I only regret you can't get the Golden Pistol with the substories like the others...

Yeah Yakuza 4 is definitely one of the easier Yakuza platinums because of the lack of a 100% completion trophy. Still a challenging platinum which requires a lot of patience. You also have to play through the story three times. Once on normal, once on hard to unlock extra hard difficulty and then once on extra hard.

22 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

Are you having trouble in the Sugiuchi fight? If so try to parry him with your back against a wall, then kick him twice with triangle while he's on the ground.

The one that requires beating everyone with all 4 characters in 16 minutes. I just always end up running out of time. I'll keep your post in mind for saving some time. I also found a video showing some possible methods of approaching each fight.

• 1 month later...

At the first look, it looks amazingly easy (especially after getting platinum in 3), but I didn't played it on PS3 and yet I'm only in the 3rd chapter with Akiyama.

The Ultimates always contains some tough fights, but normally the minigames were the most frustrating and time consuming part. (Did Platinum in 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3 and 6)

Edit: After getting platinum, the most difficult part for me, was the Amon battle (but I guess due to bad/wrong equipment and mainly cheap healing items. I cleared it then in premium adventure with lowering the difficulty after my normal run).

Hardest part of the Legend Run was Kamurocho Hills with Kiryu, where I used a lot of potions, due to the amount of surrounding enemies. The climax/ultimate battles were more or less the same difficult than in the other parts, maybe a bit easier than in 0 and Kiwami 1.

The minigame trophies are easy (you'll maybe need some tries for mahjongg, due to rng)

Edited by xXK-oZXx

• 8 months later...